Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Fuel Situation - Journey North East to Bristol?

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
Nocton
Lemon Slice

Re: Fuel Situation - Journey North East to Bristol?

Postby Nocton » October 3rd, 2021, 4:41 pm

Both these maps are too broad a brush and don't properly reflect what is going on. I live in a village in Lincolnshire. The local village petrol station had plenty of petrol even on Thursday 30 Sept, as did Tesco in Lincoln. How anyone can make an average of a region stretching from coastal Lincolnshire, where some of the UK's biggest refineries are at Immingham, to the north boundary of Derbyshire and the southern boundary of Northamptonshire I don't know, but it is meaningless and just part of the media-induced panic.

quelquod
Lemon Quarter

Re: Fuel Situation - Journey North East to Bristol?

Postby quelquod » October 4th, 2021, 9:33 pm

Averaging Lincolnshire seems pretty trivial compared with averaging the whole of Scotland ranging from Glasgow city centre to the Cairngorms. Our local rag had an article about panic buying at ASDA but when I filled up last Tuesday morning as usual there was plenty of fuel and only 2 or 3 other cars amongst the 8 or 10 (can’t remember) pumps. Mind you, Grangemouth is just down the road! It seems the media have created a panic out of nothing.

Return to “Does anyone know?”