Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Automatic curtain opener and closer

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
granretire
2 Lemon pips

Automatic curtain opener and closer

Postby granretire » October 25th, 2021, 11:06 am

I have a Swish autoglide that opens and closes my curtains according to the times I set on its controller. Swish have been taken over by Silent Gliss and do not support Swish stuff.
The curtains no longer operate according to the timer, but will open/close when I press the appropriate button. So I need a new electric controller. But a common theme in all the manufacturers I have looked at seems to be that I need to purchase the entire kit including curtain rail. My curtain track is a U rail, approximately 10' long. The curtain drop is about 7'6. My curtains are not very heavy, but they are lined.
Can anyone suggest a suitable solution?

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Re: Automatic curtain opener and closer

Postby ReformedCharacter » October 25th, 2021, 11:14 am

granretire wrote:I have a Swish autoglide that opens and closes my curtains according to the times I set on its controller. Swish have been taken over by Silent Gliss and do not support Swish stuff.
The curtains no longer operate according to the timer, but will open/close when I press the appropriate button. So I need a new electric controller. But a common theme in all the manufacturers I have looked at seems to be that I need to purchase the entire kit including curtain rail. My curtain track is a U rail, approximately 10' long. The curtain drop is about 7'6. My curtains are not very heavy, but they are lined.
Can anyone suggest a suitable solution?

Which Autoglide system do you have?

Used parts might be a solution:

https://www.sg-s.co.uk/5080-autoglide-system-parts/

Other used parts appear to be available elsewhere.

RC

granretire
2 Lemon pips

Re: Automatic curtain opener and closer

Postby granretire » October 25th, 2021, 3:01 pm

Thanks for that link. I had a look at the website and it wanted to know what model I have. As I haven't a clue where to find that out, I gave them a ring and spoke to Jonathan. He was most helpful and told me to press a button I didn't realise existed. Proof of the pudding is whether it will work tonight to close the curtains, but I was asked to ring back tomorrow if things didn't work.
Full marks to Jonathan who couldn't have been more nice and helpful

Return to “Does anyone know?”