Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Shareholder benefits

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
mc2fool
Lemon Half

Re: Shareholder benefits

Postby mc2fool » June 28th, 2022, 1:07 pm

UncleEbenezer wrote:
mc2fool wrote:
Paultry wrote:Excellent news!

So good to know that I will not have to wait until next May.

Paul

Secondly, pje16 has said that he's held the shares since 2019, meaning that he had them in May and so his vouchers have, in effect, been sitting in a cupboard at II since then waiting for him to claim them.

Would that necessarily be the case? If II nominees counts by default as a single shareholder on the register and has hoops to jump through to say otherwise, could those hoops also be a one-fixed-date-per-year thing?

Umm, but that's exactly my point. TRG issues vouchers to shareholders on record in (it sounds like) May. II contacts them on that one-fixed-date-per-year and tells them they have N clients who are qualifying shareholders so TRG sends II N sets of vouchers. II then distributes those to clients who've already registered with them to receive shareholder benefits and sticks the remainder in a cupboard, and if later a client who was a shareholder on that one-fixed-date-per-year contacts them and asks for their vouchers, as pje16 did, II then sends them to them.

Whether that's necessarily the case I don't know, but my point was that as pje16 held the shares in May, him asking for and getting the vouchers now doesn't necessarily mean that anyone buying the shares now will also be able to get them (for this year).

MickR
2 Lemon pips

Postby MickR » June 28th, 2022, 8:46 pm

pje16 wrote:Very quick service from II
just got home from work and in the post
a dozen TRG 25% off vouchers :D

Do ii work on a per share basis, or is it wholesale across your portfolio? I'll take a look through to see if I have any worth picking up, but not interested in getting voting forms and annual reports through the post for 20 different companies

thanks

Mick

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » June 28th, 2022, 9:14 pm

HI MIck
it works based on your total hokding per company
I my case The Restaurant Group you need to hold at least 250 shares
hope that helps
Paul

Return to “Does anyone know?”