Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Recruitment fees

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
Adamski
Lemon Quarter

Recruitment fees

Postby Adamski » December 8th, 2023, 9:38 am

Hi, does anyone know how much recruiters typically charge for interim work? i.e. If the client pays the recruitment company a day rate, and contractor is employed by the agency?

15-20% was what paid in past for permanent recruitment, but not sure what is normal for interim/contract work? Thanks

servodude
Lemon Half

Re: Recruitment fees

Postby servodude » December 9th, 2023, 1:14 am

Adamski wrote:Hi, does anyone know how much recruiters typically charge for interim work? i.e. If the client pays the recruitment company a day rate, and contractor is employed by the agency?

15-20% was what paid in past for permanent recruitment, but not sure what is normal for interim/contract work? Thanks

Depends on the industry.
For low paid menial/catering it can be double what the staff see.
For skilled/technical/"professional" work nearer 25%

Finding full time staff (programmer) I was last hit with 10% of the first year's salary - due once they'd lasted 3months.

Nikosven

Postby Nikosven » April 8th, 2024, 9:14 am

Recruitment fees for interim work can vary, but it's always good to have an idea of what's typical. From what I've seen, it could range anywhere from a percentage of the day rate to a flat fee. Checking out resources like adkinscheurfi.co.uk might give you some insights into industry standards.

quelquod
Lemon Quarter

Postby quelquod » April 8th, 2024, 10:40 am

As suggested above probably around 20-25% day rate with a floor of maybe up to £50-80/day depending how good the customer is and whether the agency is carrying any additional costs such as insurances or travel etc. Depends a bit on what areas the agency mainly deals with - shop floor, professional etc. and local employment levels. There’ll also be a contract clause to cover eventual employment of the agency worker by the customer inside a given period.

Return to “Does anyone know?”