Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

e-cortal

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
didds
Lemon Half

e-cortal

Postby didds » February 5th, 2024, 12:49 pm

sorting out some VERY old paperwork at the weekend I came across some paperwork for an online share dealing account I set up[ in 2001 with e-cortal, a department of BNP Paribas.

Id forgotten all about it etc and suspect its "empty" anyway but ... I thought I should check anyway.

The letter I have from 2001 says to use the home page www-e-cortal.com then enter a/c number and access code. I have the latter two... but the website no longer exists today.

I've sent a web request for help to BNP Paribas from their website but in the meantime DAK of what may have happened./how to access this old account ?

cheers

didds

Maroochydore
Lemon Slice

Re: e-cortal

Postby Maroochydore » February 8th, 2024, 10:03 pm

didds wrote:sorting out some VERY old paperwork at the weekend I came across some paperwork for an online share dealing account I set up[ in 2001 with e-cortal, a department of BNP Paribas.
DAK of what may have happened./how to access this old account ?

What may have happened or rather what did happen; Cortal merged with a German company Consors and became Cortal Consors.

In 2013 BNP Paribas launched a new direct bank, Hello bank! in France and a few other European countries to replace Cortal Consors. in 2015 the French accounts of Cortal Consors were transferred by BNP Paribas to Hello bank! German customers went to Consorsbank.

Hello bank! does not operate in UK.

In Spain the accounts are under "BNP Paribas Personal Investors" so perhaps a Google of these companies may help.

Return to “Does anyone know?”