Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Ebat, paypal and refunds

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
didds
Lemon Half

Ebat, paypal and refunds

Postby didds » February 12th, 2024, 10:03 am

DAK if one claims a refund for an ebay purchase via paypal, does the seller get "billed" by paypal for that refund?

I sold some CAMRA tokens on ebay recently. £20+75p Postage

When the envelope arrived it was empty.

I've put in a RM claim but I'm unlikely to get anything back as it turns out (mea clump for not doing due diligence) 2nd class postage doesn't cover "vouchers".

Anyway the buyer is content with a suggestion that we split the pain £10.38 each if RM don't cough for anything.

But then today I've thought he could maybe make a PayPal claim ie non delivery of paid items. But does that mean PayPal would then just take that £20.75 back off me leaving me in the lurch ? (though he could then refund me £10.38 etc I guess).

I've no proof of posting - i normally do but ... not this time. sigh.

and whilst I am seeking DAK answers rather than a general debate on who did what to whom and how it happened

- yes, he COULD be trying it on from my perspective
- yes I COULD be trying it on from his perspective
- yes, somebody has stolen them en route whilst in the mail.

didds

88V8
Lemon Half

Re: Ebat, paypal and refunds

Postby 88V8 » February 12th, 2024, 10:53 am

didds wrote:DAK if one claims a refund for an ebay purchase via paypal, does the seller get "billed" by paypal for that refund?

On the few occasions that I've had a Open A Case for absent delivery or goods not as described, Ebay has refunded me, via Paypal, and yes they just take the money from the seller's account. I nearly always use Paypal, if I had paid with a CC, then I presume they would have billed the CCC provider.

In all cases it was Ebay who decided on the refund or not, Paypal had no say in the matter.

V8

Niksen
Lemon Pip

Re: Ebat, paypal and refunds

Postby Niksen » February 13th, 2024, 4:55 pm

didds wrote:But then today I've thought he could maybe make a PayPal claim ie non delivery of paid items. But does that mean PayPal would then just take that £20.75 back off me leaving me in the lurch ?

If you have agreed to go 50/50 on the loss then what you could do is ask them to open a PayPal dispute, then you offer the 50% refund that they accept and then that closes the issue as no further dispute can be raised.

Return to “Does anyone know?”