Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to tea42,yyuryyub,Howyoudoin,Anonymous,EverybodyKnows, for Donating to support the site

Missing posting (moderated?)

Raise issues with Admin (Stooz, Clariman, Redsturgeon) e.g. alert to something important on the site or ask Admin about a moderation decision. You will be answered, but there is no response time guarantee.
yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

Missing posting (moderated?)

Postby yorkshirelad1 » April 28th, 2022, 2:48 pm

I added a posting onto Dod’s query about Rotary mowers (https://lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=33829#p489434) (including a best buy chart from a recent Which? magazine, with a url to which.co.uk for more info). OK mine didn’t include any petrol mowers (which is what dod was looking for), but I thought it might be useful for other readers, being current, and generally on mowers. The posting (and dod’s reply) seem to have vanished. Has it been moderated away? Have I transgressed? I don’t really mind, but I’d quite like to know what I’ve done (if anything), so I can be a bit wiser next time.

(I know I posted, and dod replied, as it’s showing in my “Notifications” that he replied as https://lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=496877#p4968770)

TIA

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: Missing posting (moderated?)

Postby Dod101 » April 28th, 2022, 3:04 pm

yorkshirelad1 wrote:I added a posting onto Dod’s query about Rotary mowers (https://lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=33829#p489434) (including a best buy chart from a recent Which? magazine, with a url to which.co.uk for more info). OK mine didn’t include any petrol mowers (which is what dod was looking for), but I thought it might be useful for other readers, being current, and generally on mowers. The posting (and dod’s reply) seem to have vanished. Has it been moderated away? Have I transgressed? I don’t really mind, but I’d quite like to know what I’ve done (if anything), so I can be a bit wiser next time.

(I know I posted, and dod replied, as it’s showing in my “Notifications” that he replied as https://lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=496877#p4968770)

TIA

I would second that and certainly I responded and found the info quite helpful as I am sure would others. Is it to do with copyright/attributions or something? Even so it would surely have been helpful to have advised at least yorkshirelad1?

Dod

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » April 28th, 2022, 5:03 pm

Yes it was reported as copyright infringment (see rules)

I usually to PM all those whose posts I delete but unfortunately working on a tight deadline in the real world so had to deal with it quickly and move on.

John

yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

Postby yorkshirelad1 » April 28th, 2022, 10:29 pm

redsturgeon wrote:Yes it was reported as copyright infringment (see rules)

I usually to PM all those whose posts I delete but unfortunately working on a tight deadline in the real world so had to deal with it quickly and move on.

John

Fair enough. I'll avoid posting the info in future.
Might I tentatively suggest that it might have been neater to remove the offending/infringing item with the post and add a Moderator note, so that the posting(s) remain intact just with a blank where the removed item was, then we can all learn/know. Or maybe such a move has already been discussed ad infinitum.

Mike4
Lemon Quarter

Postby Mike4 » April 28th, 2022, 10:36 pm

yorkshirelad1 wrote:
redsturgeon wrote:Yes it was reported as copyright infringment (see rules)

John

Fair enough. I'll avoid posting the info in future.
Might I tentatively suggest that it might have been neater to remove the offending/infringing item with the post and add a Moderator note, so that the posting(s) remain intact just with a blank where the removed item was, then we can all learn/know. Or maybe such a move has already been discussed ad infinitum.

I would imagine Which? Magazine gets quite sniffy about people posting their 'paid-for' content on public forums. Maybe it was Which? Magazine themselves who objected.

yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

Postby yorkshirelad1 » April 28th, 2022, 10:43 pm

Mike4 wrote:I would imagine Which? Magazine gets quite sniffy about people posting their 'paid-for' content on public forums. Maybe it was Which? Magazine themselves who objected.

Could well have been. It was a small part of the article, about 10%, not the whole article, and I made sure I put a link to which.co.uk as well, which might have got them some traffic. They also frequently put similar items not behind their paywall. But a point well made. And an interesting debate.

Mike4
Lemon Quarter

Postby Mike4 » April 28th, 2022, 10:59 pm

yorkshirelad1 wrote:
Mike4 wrote:I would imagine Which? Magazine gets quite sniffy about people posting their 'paid-for' content on public forums. Maybe it was Which? Magazine themselves who objected.

Could well have been. It was a small part of the article, about 10%, not the whole article, and I made sure I put a link to which.co.uk as well, which might have got them some traffic. They also frequently put similar items not behind their paywall. But a point well made. And an interesting debate.

I agree with your other point that it would have been nice to have been informed about the need to delete your post. And I also 'get' the need for a mod to do something in a hurry to fix an urgent problem when they also have a life to lead out there in the real world...

Return to “Room 101 - Escalation to Admin”