Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to tea42,yyuryyub,Howyoudoin,Anonymous,EverybodyKnows, for Donating to support the site

Latest :-)

Raise issues with Admin (Stooz, Clariman, Redsturgeon) e.g. alert to something important on the site or ask Admin about a moderation decision. You will be answered, but there is no response time guarantee.
XFool
Lemon Half

Latest :-)

Postby XFool » June 6th, 2022, 4:32 pm

I'm afraid I cannot resist pointing out that the latest example of a closed thread on TLF - Submit Self Assessment or not? in Taxes (Practical) - appears not to make a whole lot of sense (at least not to me). Why not? Two reasons:

1. Because, AFAIAC, the thread had already come to a natural end (it wasn't going anywhere)

2. Because the Moderator 'Closure Notice' has been put somewhere in the middle of the thread - rather than the end - where it seems not to make any sense at all in that context. i.e. It wasn't "ill-tempered".

Moderator Message:
The usual ill-tempered spat...

Just saying.

XFool
Lemon Half

Re: Latest :-)

Postby XFool » June 6th, 2022, 4:53 pm

Sorry!

For convenience I should have included a link to the presumed "ill-tempered" post(?): viewtopic.php?p=500811#p500811

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Re: Latest :-)

Postby Clariman » June 6th, 2022, 6:06 pm

XFool wrote:I'm afraid I cannot resist pointing out that the latest example of a closed thread on TLF - Submit Self Assessment or not? in Taxes (Practical) - appears not to make a whole lot of sense (at least not to me). Why not? Two reasons:

1. Because, AFAIAC, the thread had already come to a natural end (it wasn't going anywhere)

The topic had 6 posts on it this morning; 2 from you, 3 from Lootman, and 1 from another poster. The last of those posts was at 11.17am and the topic was locked less than an hour and a half later, so it was a current and active discussion. The last post on the topic was from yourself. Past experience would strongly suggest that if someone had replied to that post, you would have replied again, thus continuing the argument.

2. Because the Moderator 'Closure Notice' has been put somewhere in the middle of the thread - rather than the end - where it seems not to make any sense at all in that context. i.e. It wasn't "ill-tempered".

It appears to me that the Mod Box closure notice was simply put at the bottom of page 1 of the topic instead of page 3. It was locked because of the back-and-forward argument between you and Lootman. For clarity I have copied it to the last post on the topic,

If you have any further questions about it, please PM me.

Clariman

Return to “Room 101 - Escalation to Admin”