Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Vodafone discussion

Analysing companies' finances and value from their financial statements using ratios and formulae
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: Vodafone discussion

Postby Itsallaguess » July 7th, 2019, 11:36 am

SentimentRules wrote:
Info in markets is the crack cocaine of the streets for drug lords. But worth a billion times more. Watch for the money.... it holds the info on future movement.

Don't look at level 2. The BOB (book of bullshit. Or BOD book of deception ). Don't look at holdings etc. All worthless data.

Follow the money when its in stealth mode....

That reminds me - I've not been on ADVFN for absolutely ages.....

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Postby SentimentRules » July 7th, 2019, 11:38 am

Is it a good board? I've been on Lse and ii in the past. But you can't discuss price dropping on both. It's forbidden lol.

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » July 7th, 2019, 12:45 pm

SentimentRules wrote:Your misunderstanding charts. As most do. It's real time fundamentals. It's telling me now, what institutions think of a company looking forward. It's telling me that because i analyse them correctly.

But the chart is merely a collection of various parties' sentiment. It says very little about the worthiness of the entity whose stock price is being charted. What about the dotcom boom? I'm glad I wasn't investing then, and if I was, I'd like to hope that I didn't just "follow the chart".

FWIW I've only been investing for about 16 months so my opinions are very weak - however back in the summer of 2018, I followed the chart probably too much and ended up buying Persimmon (PSN) @ 2686, Bodycote (BOY) @ 1020 and Zytronic (ZYT) @ 520. Fair enough, I am in this for LTBH, but even so I wish I'd taken much less notice of that wriggly line graphing SP vs time (in the past).

Matt

JamesMuenchen
Lemon Slice

Postby JamesMuenchen » July 7th, 2019, 12:56 pm

SentimentRules wrote:Many just call it a big corrective retrace within a bigger bull. I think it's the start of a bad Apple.

The Dow is the one giving the last of market confidence around the world. But tech is the supporting column. That will be a mighty bubble burst.

What do you make of these charts?
https://invest.kleinnet.com/bmw1/stats40/%5EIXIC.html

I've done very well in tech lately and would like to get my money out with the smart money, if it comes to that.

What evidence is there that tech is in a bubble?

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Postby SentimentRules » July 7th, 2019, 12:56 pm

"But the chart is merely a collection of various parties' sentiment. It says very little about the worthiness of the entity whose stock price is being charted. What about the dotcom boom? I'm glad I wasn't investing then, and if I was, I'd like to hope that I didn't just "follow the chart"

Dotcom boom. Who buys high? Only fools got caught buying way above lows.

Fundamentals drive sentiment. Are they not simply a collection of past data being analysed - but not via a chart?

Fundamentals don't lead - the biggest issue. Look at any fundamentals, any stock. Check fundamentals at their highs. Before say a 30-50% drop. Strong? Mostly so. Fundamentals lag real market.

However they do have a use. Of course they do.

Charts used wrong, lag too. Everything does.

So here is what we really seek. Fundamentalists and chartists. .the money that moves markets.

Let's say the last data set was good. Been good every time for 5 years. Fundamentally better and better.

But..... what if the major holders have analysed the whole market and decide that the next data in 6 months, they don't think will hold well?

We cant see that in fundamentals alone. We only see the last strong set. We dont see what the majors are thinking for the next set...

In come charts. See it there...used right.

And the same in reverse. A market keeps falling. Bad fundamentals. Need to watch for when the majors think the next set will be better. Accumulating quietly into it during yhe falls.

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Postby SentimentRules » July 7th, 2019, 1:03 pm

James. A strong chart. Too vertical. Too strong. Similar to last bubble. Any vertical move like this will be classed a bubble.

It's been great for buyers. No doubt. But at a stage of protecting profits maybe? Rather than buy ?

Think of the snowball. In a vertical market, imagine the profits being held.... now imagine at the first wobble, how fast they book out. Burst.

I use very different charts. Volume based applications. Il try post it here via Dropbox for you.

Return to “Company Analysis”