Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Good pay-for multinational stock information

Analysing companies' finances and value from their financial statements using ratios and formulae
TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Good pay-for multinational stock information

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » July 8th, 2021, 3:41 pm

Hi Salvor,

SalvorHardin wrote:I've been paying for "Stock Adviser" for over 10 years. For me it's very useful because my five largest shareholdings are American companies (sixth and seventh are Canadian) and several of these have active private boards where "community fools" highlight lots of relevant articles.

Apologies for quoting this post on a different board, but I've been considering paying a smallish sum for some more informative stock info i.e. not just rehashes of RNSs for a while now.

Furthermore I'd like to receive multi-national looking articles i.e. about US stocks such Moderna, Google, UK stocks e.g. Unilever, Croda, and also (to whatever extent is possible) on European shares e.g. Adidas, LVMH.

I did toy with the idea of paying for a "light" version of the SeekingAlpha subscription. Others such as MarketWatch, Bloomberg have also crossed my mind. However, I suspect I'd need a US bank account since presumably these publications would need to receive US dollar payments. I do actively read these sites, however my convenience is seriously limited by continually having to clear my browser cookies for these sites upon hitting the free article limits. Much better to dispense with the subterfuge.

So how does the "Stock Adviser" fit into my quest? I'm wondering if they are a service requiring US$, and also whether or not they cover any large enough sized UK and Continental stocks. Otherwise I'm all ears if any other LFs know of similar subscriptions.

BTW I have looked at Stockopedia in the past, but I'm unsure as to how much originality there is to their information. I've had one or two "free trials" with them, and some of their writing looked a lot like rehashed RNSs. But having said that, perhaps I didn't spend long enough digging around the breadth and depth of their site. Regards my mention of originality, that's what I really like about the seekingalpha articles; they seem to have a great collection of what to me seem to be independent views (i.e. articles) often presenting both bull and bear opinions/forecasts on the same stock.

Thanks Matt

SalvorHardin
Lemon Quarter

Re: Good pay-for multinational stock information

Postby SalvorHardin » July 8th, 2021, 6:20 pm

Stock Adviser on TMF USA is about £150 a year. UK credit card. No need for an American bank account.

I'm fortunate to be in the position that this is a small amount.

I don't subscribe to SeekingAlpha. Never seen the need to pay for it. There's more than enough good stuff for free

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » July 9th, 2021, 5:53 am

SalvorHardin wrote:Stock Adviser on TMF USA is about £150 a year. UK credit card. No need for an American bank account.

I'm fortunate to be in the position that this is a small amount.

I don't subscribe to SeekingAlpha. Never seen the need to pay for it. There's more than enough good stuff for free

Thanks Salvor,

£150 a year is certainly doable for me too. I recently cancelled my Investor Chronicle paper subscription, which was along that mark so have earmarked that to go towards an alternative source.

re. SeekingAlpha, don't you find yourself needing to periodically delete the browser cookies to continue to read articles for free?

Matt

SalvorHardin
Lemon Quarter

Postby SalvorHardin » July 9th, 2021, 7:08 am

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:re. SeekingAlpha, don't you find yourself needing to periodically delete the browser cookies to continue to read articles for free?

No, though I don't try to read anything that's been ringfenced for premium accounts. I've never had a problem getting to the free articles and news.

I probably spend half the time on SeekingAlpha using their Android app.

Return to “Company Analysis”