Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Annual Report Analysis

Analysing companies' finances and value from their financial statements using ratios and formulae
robertbanking
Lemon Pip

Annual Report Analysis

Postby robertbanking » January 21st, 2024, 12:32 pm

Hello you very wonderful and intelligent people that make up this forum. I sincerely hope everything is going well for you.

I was kindly wondering please, i know when you are doing due diligence on a stock, you are looking through annual reports and other financial data for risks. However what is the main ingredient you are looking for, would this be the company's plan for growth over the next year please and how aggressive that growth might be and how it could affect the share price? If anyone kindly had any thoughts on this i would be forever grateful and thankful it would mean the world to me.

Sending you lots of good wishes and i hope you achieve massive success in your investing and have a wonderful life. Take care and all the very best. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Re: Annual Report Analysis

Postby kempiejon » January 21st, 2024, 12:38 pm

robertbanking wrote: i know when you are doing due diligence on a stock, you are looking through annual reports and other financial data for risks.

Do you know what - I don't. There was a time I poured over the accounts and statements made by the directors I'm not sure it made me a better investor. I will look at headline numbers from data aggregators but does it let me spot risks? I'm not sure it does.

robertbanking
Lemon Pip

Postby robertbanking » January 21st, 2024, 1:07 pm

Thank you very much for getting back to me kempiejon, that is very kind of you, i really appreciate your comments.

Thats really interesting, its really nice to hear someone's thought on this, possibly i could look to cut down the amount of time i am researching stocks. I suppose the headline numbers if positive could indicate that alot of the risks are not overly concerning and the business is continuing to do well. Can i kindly please ask would you also look at forecasted future growth for like years 2024, 2025 on data aggregator sites also please? If you kindly had any thoughts on this it would be highly appreciated and i would be very thankful.

Hope you continue to enjoy the rest of your weekend and continue to do really well with your investing. Take care.

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » January 21st, 2024, 7:19 pm

Robert, I tend to look at the Cash Flow analysis.

TJH

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gerry557 » January 22nd, 2024, 9:28 am

I like to view the webcast and Q&A.

Sometimes it's the body language when answering questions that says a lot more than what is written down. Additionally you tend to get more context of the situation. A poor result might be not that bad as a contract was delayed in being signed by has been since or a payment fell into a different reporting period so things will look even better next time.

Sometimes it's just confidance in the management that they know what they are talking about and have a handle on the situation and a plan if things don't go their way.

Return to “Company Analysis”