Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK)

Share latest information on individual companies and hot news discussions. LSE Main Market companies only
Forum rules
No penny shares or promotional posts
idpickering
The full Lemon

Re: GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK)

Postby idpickering » October 27th, 2021, 3:50 pm

Dod101 wrote:
But there does not seem to be anything new in their comments on the dividend for this year and next. Just confirmation of what has already been said. Glaxo has been a very uninspiring investment I must say.

Dod

Thanks for your input Dod. I gather you're not a GSK fan then? I do agree with your comment re GSK not being a very inspiring investment. I try to not fall in love with my holdings tbh. I don't mind admitting that I'm in a bit of a dither as to what to do with my GSK holding. Stick or twist? That's the question. My gut instinct is to just let them be......maybe....

Ian.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » October 27th, 2021, 3:54 pm

I agree with you there, Dod, whereas AZN which some people are disappointed in and considering ditching, have done very well for me. All depends on timing presumably.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » October 27th, 2021, 3:59 pm

idpickering wrote:
Dod101 wrote:
But there does not seem to be anything new in their comments on the dividend for this year and next. Just confirmation of what has already been said. Glaxo has been a very uninspiring investment I must say.

Dod

Thanks for your input Dod. I gather you're not a GSK fan then? I do agree with your comment re GSK not being a very inspiring investment. I try to not fall in love with my holdings tbh. I don't mind admitting that I'm in a bit of a dither as to what to do with my GSK holding. Stick or twist? That's the question. My gut instinct is to just let them be......maybe....

Ian.

Well I decided to keep it until the split next year and in the meantime Elliott are on the share register, trying to stir things up.

Dod

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » October 27th, 2021, 4:00 pm

Bouleversee wrote:I agree with you there, Dod, whereas AZN which some people are disappointed in and considering ditching, have done very well for me. All depends on timing presumably.

Yes the share price for Astra is doing well, even if a bit volatile.Dividend is also held there I think.

Dod

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » October 27th, 2021, 4:08 pm

I am not too fussed about Astra's dividend in view of the pro bono work they have done with the vaccine and the number of excellent new drugs they have introduced for rare diseases which may not be too profitable at least initially. Hopefully GSK will do much more along those lines when they have split off the consumer healthcare products. Perhaps Unilever should buy that company?

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » October 27th, 2021, 4:24 pm

Dod101 wrote:
Well I decided to keep it until the split next year and in the meantime Elliott are on the share register, trying to stir things up.

Dod

Cheers for your continued input Dod. I'm of a mind to 'let it be' for now at least, and see what happens going forward. As I mentioned above, no knee-jerk reactions from me.

Ian.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » November 17th, 2021, 7:32 am

Nucala approved in Europe for more indications

https://www.investegate.co.uk/glaxosmit ... 00066091S/

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » November 24th, 2021, 4:13 pm

GSK publishes provisional 2022 dividend dates.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/glaxosmit ... 00095022T/

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » December 2nd, 2021, 7:16 am

MHRA approves Xevudy (sotrovimab), a COVID-19 treatment found to cut hospitalisation and death by 79%

This monoclonal antibody – the second to be authorised by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency – is for people with mild to moderate COVID-19 who are at high risk of developing severe disease.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/mhra ... eath-by-79

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » December 2nd, 2021, 7:38 am

Further to the above, this from GSK itself;

Preclinical data demonstrate sotrovimab retains activity against key Omicron mutations, new SARS-CoV-2 variant

https://www.investegate.co.uk/glaxosmit ... 02053493U/

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » December 7th, 2021, 7:22 am

Sotrovimab retains its activity vs Omicron variant

Preclinical studies demonstrate sotrovimab retains activity against the full combination of mutations in the spike protein of the Omicron SARS-CoV-2 variant

· New preclinical findings generated through in vitro testing of sotrovimab against the complete pseudo-virus, updated to bioRxiv

· Data build on promising signal published last week, underscoring the importance of sotrovimab for early treatment of COVID-19

· Sotrovimab is authorised and available for the treatment of early COVID-19 in the US and multiple countries around the world

https://www.investegate.co.uk/glaxosmit ... 07288046U/

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » December 7th, 2021, 1:58 pm

Medicago/GSK COVID-19 vaccine positive Ph3 data

Medicago and GSK announce positive Phase 3 efficacy and safety results for adjuvanted plant-based COVID-19 vaccine candidate

· Primary endpoints and secondary endpoints for which data are available were met in trial dominated by COVID-19 variants

· Efficacy demonstrated against all variants seen in the study, including 75.3% efficacy against COVID-19 of any severity caused by the globally dominant Delta variant

· Vaccine candidate was well-tolerated, with no related serious adverse events reported in the vaccine group

· Final regulatory submission to be filed with Health Canada imminently

Medicago, a biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Quebec City, and GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) today announce positive efficacy and safety results from the global Phase 3 placebo-controlled efficacy study of Medicago's plant-based COVID-19 vaccine candidate in combination with GSK's pandemic adjuvant, conducted in over 24,000 subjects (adults 18 years and above) across six countries.

Vaccine efficacy was demonstrated in an environment dominated by SARS-CoV-2 variants, unlike most published Phase 3 efficacy trials for currently licensed COVID-19 vaccines that were conducted when only the ancestral virus was circulating, making direct comparisons impossible. The overall vaccine efficacy rate against all variants of SARS-COV-2 was 71% (95% CI: 58.7, 80.0; Per Protocol Analysis: PP). The corresponding number for people with an initial seronegative status indicating no previous exposure to COVID-19 was 75.6% (95% CI: 64.2-83.7; PP). The vaccine candidate demonstrated efficacy of 75.3% (95% CI: 52.8, 87.9; PP) against COVID-19 of any severity for the globally dominant Delta variant. Efficacy was 88.6% (95% CI: 74.6, 95.6; PP) against the Gamma variant. Although only a small number of severe cases occurred in this study, none occurred in the vaccinated group. No cases of the Alpha, Lambda and Mu variants were observed in the vaccinated group while 12 cases were observed in the placebo group. The Omicron variant was not circulating during the study.

During the study, no related serious adverse events were reported and reactogenicity was generally mild to moderate and transient; symptoms lasting on average only one to three days. To date, the Phase 3 results have confirmed the safety profile is consistent with Phase 2 results. The frequency of mild fever was low (<10%), even after the second dose. Full results of the Phase 3 study will be released in a peer-reviewed publication as soon as possible.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/glaxosmit ... 00098512U/

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » December 7th, 2021, 3:06 pm

idpickering wrote:Sotrovimab retains its activity vs Omicron variant

Preclinical studies demonstrate sotrovimab retains activity against the full combination of mutations in the spike protein of the Omicron SARS-CoV-2 variant

· New preclinical findings generated through in vitro testing of sotrovimab against the complete pseudo-virus, updated to bioRxiv

· Data build on promising signal published last week, underscoring the importance of sotrovimab for early treatment of COVID-19

· Sotrovimab is authorised and available for the treatment of early COVID-19 in the US and multiple countries around the world

https://www.investegate.co.uk/glaxosmit ... 07288046U/

Worth reading down to the end to see its limitations. I can't help wondering how often it will actually be used, in the UK at any rate, since my impression is that most people don't contact their GPs but go straight to hospital if they have severe symptoms and otherwise self-medicate.

"Limitations of Authorized Use

Sotrovimab is not authorized for use in patients:

· who are hospitalized due to COVID-19, OR

· who require oxygen therapy due to COVID-19, OR

· who require an increase in baseline oxygen flow rate due to COVID-19 (in those on chronic oxygen therapy due to underlying non-COVID-19 related comorbidity)

Benefit of treatment with sotrovimab has not been observed in patients hospitalized due to COVID‑19. SARS-CoV-2 monoclonal antibodies may be associated with worse clinical outcomes when administered to hospitalized patients with COVID‑19 requiring high flow oxygen or mechanical ventilation."

There is also a list of contraindications and adverse events.

Gersemi
Lemon Slice

Postby Gersemi » December 7th, 2021, 4:29 pm

Bouleversee wrote:Worth reading down to the end to see its limitations. I can't help wondering how often it will actually be used, in the UK at any rate, since my impression is that most people don't contact their GPs but go straight to hospital if they have severe symptoms and otherwise self-medicate.

When I tested positive with Covid I received a text from my GP asking me to complete a questionaire that basically asked me how I was doing. I am a pretty healthy person in my fifties and had very mild symptoms, but I got a reply from my GP saying they were glad to hear I was doing OK.

From this I deduce that your GP is advised if you test positive for Covid, so they would be able to offer you treatment if they thought it would be helpful.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » December 7th, 2021, 6:52 pm

Gersemi wrote:
Bouleversee wrote:Worth reading down to the end to see its limitations. I can't help wondering how often it will actually be used, in the UK at any rate, since my impression is that most people don't contact their GPs but go straight to hospital if they have severe symptoms and otherwise self-medicate.

When I tested positive with Covid I received a text from my GP asking me to complete a questionaire that basically asked me how I was doing. I am a pretty healthy person in my fifties and had very mild symptoms, but I got a reply from my GP saying they were glad to hear I was doing OK.

From this I deduce that your GP is advised if you test positive for Covid, so they would be able to offer you treatment if they thought it would be helpful.

Interesting. As it should be, though I hadn't heard from any friends or family who caught Covid that they had had any contact from their GP. I will check. My GP was certainly advised that I had been diagnosed with IPF (an incurable lung disease) but I didn't get a peep out of them till some months later when I had a letter saying (erroneously) that I didn't need to shield. I wasn't best pleased, having had 3 letters from the NHS emphasising that I did! As for routine check-ups for the over 75s being cancelled to facilitate vaccinations, all I can say is "what routine check-ups?" They don't exist in my practice and there was a letter in The Times today from a 91 yr old lady saying the same. Perhaps GP practices are all advised about positive tests but don't all act accordingly. Or it could just be that nobody thought it worth mentioning.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » December 15th, 2021, 7:05 am

GSK/Sanofi COVID-19 vaccine booster & Ph3 update

GSK and Sanofi announce positive preliminary booster data for their COVID-19 vaccine candidate and continuation of phase III trial per independent Monitoring Board recommendation

· Positive booster data show that neutralising antibodies increased across all primary vaccines received (mRNA or adenovirus) in a 9- to 43-fold range and for all age groups tested, with a good safety and tolerability profile

· Phase III trial continues to accrue the number of events needed for analysis as populations around the world are increasingly exposed to COVID-19 variants; results expected in Q1 2022

· Companies intend to file booster data with regulatory authorities following the phase III results

GlaxoSmithKline plc (LSE/NYSE: GSK) and Sanofi announced today that a single booster dose of their recombinant adjuvanted COVID-19 vaccine candidate delivered consistently strong immune responses.

Preliminary results from the VAT0002 clinical trial investigating the safety and immunogenicity of the booster showed neutralising antibodies increased 9- to 43-fold regardless of the primary vaccine received (AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, Pfizer/BioNTech) and for all age groups tested. The booster was well tolerated, with a safety profile similar to currently approved COVID-19 vaccines. This is the most comprehensive booster trial to date to explore boosting across different vaccine technologies used for primary vaccination.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/glaxosmit ... 00027153V/

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » December 15th, 2021, 7:11 am

idpickering wrote:GSK/Sanofi COVID-19 vaccine booster & Ph3 update

GSK and Sanofi announce positive preliminary booster data for their COVID-19 vaccine candidate and continuation of phase III trial per independent Monitoring Board recommendation

· Positive booster data show that neutralising antibodies increased across all primary vaccines received (mRNA or adenovirus) in a 9- to 43-fold range and for all age groups tested, with a good safety and tolerability profile

· Phase III trial continues to accrue the number of events needed for analysis as populations around the world are increasingly exposed to COVID-19 variants; results expected in Q1 2022

· Companies intend to file booster data with regulatory authorities following the phase III results

GlaxoSmithKline plc (LSE/NYSE: GSK) and Sanofi announced today that a single booster dose of their recombinant adjuvanted COVID-19 vaccine candidate delivered consistently strong immune responses.

Preliminary results from the VAT0002 clinical trial investigating the safety and immunogenicity of the booster showed neutralising antibodies increased 9- to 43-fold regardless of the primary vaccine received (AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, Pfizer/BioNTech) and for all age groups tested. The booster was well tolerated, with a safety profile similar to currently approved COVID-19 vaccines. This is the most comprehensive booster trial to date to explore boosting across different vaccine technologies used for primary vaccination.

Thanks. That sounds promising.

Dod

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » December 15th, 2021, 9:05 am

Dod101 wrote:
idpickering wrote:GSK/Sanofi COVID-19 vaccine booster & Ph3 update

Thanks. That sounds promising.

Dod

Agreed Dod, and you’re welcome. I’m happy to see some promising news nowadays.

Ian.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » December 17th, 2021, 4:23 pm

Xevudy approved in Europe to treat COVID-19

GlaxoSmithKline plc (LSE/NYSE: GSK) and Vir Biotechnology, Inc. (Nasdaq: VIR) today announced that the European Commission (EC) has granted marketing authorisation to Xevudy (sotrovimab) for the early treatment of COVID-19. Sotrovimab is now approved in the European Union (EU) for the treatment of adults and adolescents (aged 12 years and over and weighing at least 40kg) with COVID-19 who do not require supplemental oxygen and who are at increased risk of progressing to severe COVID-19.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/glaxosmit ... 48460732W/

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » December 17th, 2021, 5:27 pm

idpickering wrote:Xevudy approved in Europe to treat COVID-19

GlaxoSmithKline plc (LSE/NYSE: GSK) and Vir Biotechnology, Inc. (Nasdaq: VIR) today announced that the European Commission (EC) has granted marketing authorisation to Xevudy (sotrovimab) for the early treatment of COVID-19. Sotrovimab is now approved in the European Union (EU) for the treatment of adults and adolescents (aged 12 years and over and weighing at least 40kg) with COVID-19 who do not require supplemental oxygen and who are at increased risk of progressing to severe COVID-19.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/glaxosmit ... 48460732W/

I wonder why you can't have it if you are on supplemental oxygen. Any clues? I also wonder why all these drugs' names end in 'mab'.

Return to “Company Share news (LSE Main Market)”