Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Games Workshop (GAW)

Share latest information on individual companies and hot news discussions. LSE Main Market companies only
Forum rules
No penny shares or promotional posts
TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Re: Games Workshop (GAW)

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » July 27th, 2023, 10:38 am

simoan wrote:
BullDog wrote:I was somewhat surprised to see Dividendmax puts GAW on around a 4.4% yield. Looking back a few months at the share price, it seems the ship has sailed. Well done to anyone who bought a while ago at well below the current share price.

One of my largest holdings through multi bagging. Fantastic company with unbelievable margins and great “tell it like it is” management who treat the staff really well. A long term core holding for me. Forward yield is around 3.7% although company has a history of returning excess cash as specials.

Yeah, it's high on my leader board too. I've top-sliced twice, but I typically just wade in and top it up whenever we get a Mr. Market couple of days of madness and a significant SP drop.

Pendrainllwyn
Lemon Slice

Postby Pendrainllwyn » July 27th, 2023, 11:07 am

simoan wrote:Fantastic company with unbelievable margins and great “tell it like it is” management who treat the staff really well. A long term core holding for me.
Yes. I love the way they write their reports. Simple, impactful language. Very different from the usual spin. Wetherspoons is another that tells it as it is. I read Wetherspoons reports even though I don't own the stock! I hold GAW.

Pendrainllwyn

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » December 18th, 2023, 7:48 am

Agreement to develop films and television series.

Further to its announcement on 16 December 2022, Games Workshop is pleased to announce that it has entered into an agreement with Amazon Content Services LLC, a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., ("Amazon") for the prospective development by Amazon of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000 universe into films and television series, together with associated merchandising rights.

Under the terms of the agreement, Games Workshop has granted exclusive rights to Amazon in relation to films and television series set within the Warhammer 40,000 universe, together with an option for Amazon to license equivalent rights in the Warhammer Fantasy universe following the release of the initial Warhammer 40,000 production.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/announcem ... es/7947337

Ian.

Return to “Company Share news (LSE Main Market)”