Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Abrdn PLC (ABDN)

Share latest information on individual companies and hot news discussions. LSE Main Market companies only
Forum rules
No penny shares or promotional posts
idpickering
The full Lemon

Re: Abrdn PLC (ABDN)

Postby idpickering » July 24th, 2019, 10:40 am

richfool wrote:Thanks for that link Ian. I heard similar on Bloomberg this morning. So I interpret the RNS to indicate that under the terms of the settlement:

· The SLA Group will continue to manage approximately one third of the total AUM (circa £35 billion as at 30 June 2019) on behalf of LBG entities until at least April 2022

· Approximately two thirds of the total AUM (the "Transferring AUM") will be transferred to third-party managers appointed by LBG through a series of planned tranches over the next nine months. During this period, the SLA Group will continue to be remunerated for its services in relation to the Transferring AUM.

· In addition, the SLA Group will receive an upfront payment of £140 million from LBG as final settlement to compensate for loss of profit in relation to the Transferring AUM.

You’re welcome. I clocked it on Bloomberg too. As for the above, that’s how I read it too. I hold but am not planning to top up any time soon.

Ian.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » August 7th, 2019, 7:35 am

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » October 2nd, 2019, 9:23 am

"Martin Gilbert has announced he will stand down from the board of Standard Life Aberdeen just seven months after stepping down as co-chief executive."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... dard-life/

".....ran Aberdeen Asset Management for more than three decades prior to its 2017 merger with Standard Life, became vice-chairman of the group and chairman of Aberdeen's investment arm in March, leaving Keith Skeoch to become the sole chief executive."

"It has been an incredible journey, almost unimaginable from the earliest days when we were just three people in one office in Aberdeen with £50m under management to today's total in excess of £500bn."

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby richfool » October 2nd, 2019, 9:55 am

monabri wrote:"Martin Gilbert has announced he will stand down from the board of Standard Life Aberdeen just seven months after stepping down as co-chief executive."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... dard-life/

".....ran Aberdeen Asset Management for more than three decades prior to its 2017 merger with Standard Life, became vice-chairman of the group and chairman of Aberdeen's investment arm in March, leaving Keith Skeoch to become the sole chief executive."

"It has been an incredible journey, almost unimaginable from the earliest days when we were just three people in one office in Aberdeen with £50m under management to today's total in excess of £500bn."

Am I right in thinking that this was the preferred outcome (as in preferred by investors)?

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » March 10th, 2020, 7:07 am

Finals here; https://www.investegate.co.uk/standard- ... 00065223F/

Also on HYP Practical for HYPer chat.

Darka
Lemon Slice

Postby Darka » April 3rd, 2020, 8:16 am

A welcome update from SLA.

"Standard Life to press ahead with £300m dividend"

"'We are in a totally different position from banks.' Shareholders will receive their dividends at the end of May. "

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mar ... idend.html

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » May 12th, 2020, 8:39 am

2020 AGM Statement

Here; https://www.investegate.co.uk/standard- ... 00025542M/

Also on HYP Practical Board.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » May 12th, 2020, 1:34 pm

Further to the above, here's the results of the AGM, including the ok for the dividend;

https://www.investegate.co.uk/standard- ... 45046465M/

Also posted on HYP Practical.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » June 30th, 2020, 9:15 am

https://www.investegate.co.uk/standard- ... 00074455R/

"Standard Life Aberdeen plc ("SLA") announces that Stephen Bird will join the board of directors of the Company and take up the role of Chief Executive-Designate on 1 July 2020."

"Following a handover period, and subject to regulatory approvals, Stephen will succeed Keith Skeoch as Group Chief Executive.

"Most recently, Stephen served as CEO of Global Consumer Banking at Citigroup, a role he held since 2015, retiring in November last year. Prior to that, Stephen was Chief Executive for all of Citigroup's Asia Pacific business lines across 17 markets in the region, including India and China, in a 21 year career with Citigroup in which he held various leadership roles in banking, operations and technology across Citigroup's Asian and Latin American businesses."

Looking East?

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » August 7th, 2020, 7:12 am

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » February 23rd, 2021, 7:18 am

Update on Strategic Partnership with PGH

Standard Life Aberdeen plc ("Standard Life Aberdeen") today announces a simplification and extension of its strategic partnership with Phoenix Group Holdings plc ("Phoenix Group").

The agreements announced today are mutually beneficial and simplify the partnership focusing it on the provision of Standard Life Aberdeen's high-quality asset management services to Phoenix Group and its insurance and workplace pension customers. Standard Life Aberdeen's purchase of the Wrap Self-Invested Personal Pension ("Wrap SIPP"), Wrap Onshore Bond and UK Trustee Investment Plan ("TIP") businesses from Phoenix Group will also support its growth agenda for these businesses.

The partnership with Phoenix Group was expanded when Standard Life Aberdeen sold its UK and European life insurance business to Phoenix Group in 2018 (the "Insurance Sale"). While the Insurance Sale allowed Standard Life Aberdeen to streamline its own operations, it also created a complex network of commercial and operational services between the groups, including in respect of certain pensions and savings products and the shared use of the "Standard Life" brand.

The two groups have now agreed to simplify these arrangements and strengthen their relationship in the following way:

· The strategic asset management partnership (under which Standard Life Aberdeen currently manages c£147.4bn* of Phoenix Group assets) will be extended and will now operate until at least 2031. The key changes relate to the price adjustment mechanism agreed at the time of the Insurance Sale which protects Standard Life Aberdeen in the event of certain types of asset withdrawals.

· Standard Life Aberdeen has a market-leading offering for its UK financial adviser clients in the form of its Wrap and Elevate platforms. To support its ambitious growth plans for these businesses and the continuous improvement of its service to its UK adviser clients, Standard Life Aberdeen will purchase the Wrap SIPP and Wrap Onshore Bond businesses from Phoenix Group. The economic risk and reward in these businesses will transfer to Standard Life Aberdeen with effect from 1 January 2021 with the legal transfer to follow by a Part VII transfer scheme targeted for completion in late 2022. Wrap SIPP and onshore bond customers should see no service impact arising from the transfer.

· Standard Life Aberdeen will continue to partner with Phoenix Group to design and provide investment solutions for Phoenix customers. In addition, it will acquire the TIP business from Phoenix Group to consolidate its investments offering for UK pension scheme clients. Standard Life Aberdeen already provides investment services for these clients.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/standard- ... 00028771P/

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » March 9th, 2021, 7:54 am

Darka
Lemon Slice

Postby Darka » March 9th, 2021, 8:10 am

Thanks Ian,

On the Dividend (cut):

· The Board remains committed to delivering a dividend that is sustainable over the medium term. Reflecting current operating profitability, industry trends, and economic and market uncertainties, the Board is rebasing the dividend to a level from which it can be grown

· Therefore the Board is recommending a final dividend in respect of 2020 of 7.3p per share, bringing the total dividend for the year to 14.6p per share. The Board intends to maintain the total dividend at this level until covered at least 1.5 times by adjusted capital generation, at which point the Board will seek to grow the dividend in line with its assessment of underlying medium term growth in profitability

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » March 9th, 2021, 10:53 am

Darka wrote:Thanks Ian,

On the Dividend (cut):

· The Board remains committed to delivering a dividend that is sustainable over the medium term. Reflecting current operating profitability, industry trends, and economic and market uncertainties, the Board is rebasing the dividend to a level from which it can be grown

· Therefore the Board is recommending a final dividend in respect of 2020 of 7.3p per share, bringing the total dividend for the year to 14.6p per share. The Board intends to maintain the total dividend at this level until covered at least 1.5 times by adjusted capital generation, at which point the Board will seek to grow the dividend in line with its assessment of underlying medium term growth in profitability

You're welcome. I hold these in my HYP, and although the dividend cut isn't ideal, I shall continue to hold, but a top up is off the cards, for now at least anyway.

Ian.

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby richfool » April 26th, 2021, 8:46 am

Intention to Change Name - Standard Life Aberdeen plc to become Abrdn plc

Standard Life Aberdeen plc ("the Company") today announces its intention to change its name to "Abrdn plc". The new Abrdn name (pronounced "Aberdeen") will be part of a modern, agile, digitally-enabled brand that will also be used for all the Company's client-facing businesses globally.

The new brand identity marks the next stage in the reshaping of the business and future-focused growth strategy. The Company is focused on three interrelated growth vectors: global asset management (Investments), technology platforms for UK financial advisers and their customers (Adviser), and UK savings and wealth (Personal).

https://www.investegate.co.uk/standard- ... 00055000W/

No mention of the ticker.

GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter

Postby GrahamPlatt » April 26th, 2021, 8:59 am

Time to sell.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » April 26th, 2021, 9:14 am

GrahamPlatt wrote:Time to sell.

I hold these in my HYP. and like a good HYPer, I'm doing nothing with my SLA (ticker as of now) holdings. That might change in the future, but the over 1% uptick in the companies' sp as I type, leads me to think other investors aren't worried about the name change either. All IMHO of course.

Ian.

absolutezero
Lemon Quarter

Postby absolutezero » April 26th, 2021, 9:25 am

"Abrdn"?
Actual lol. :lol:

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby richfool » April 26th, 2021, 9:44 am

Aburdinn, might have been phonetically more appropriate! :?

scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter

Postby scrumpyjack » April 26th, 2021, 10:03 am

Glad I've already sold. Another step downhill for this business in decline.

Wonder how much they spent on that name change? Why are so many boards complete suckers for all this marketing bullsh*t?

Also glad I pulled my wife's pension plan from Std Life!

Return to “Company Share news (LSE Main Market)”