Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Unilever (ULVR)

Share latest information on individual companies and hot news discussions. LSE Main Market companies only
Forum rules
No penny shares or promotional posts
Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: Unilever (ULVR)

Postby Dod101 » October 22nd, 2020, 7:42 am

idpickering wrote:3rd Quarter Trading Statement

https://www.investegate.co.uk/unilever- ... 00078484C/

Thanks Ian. All of that sounds fine to me.

Dod

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » October 22nd, 2020, 8:25 am

Dod101 wrote:
idpickering wrote:3rd Quarter Trading Statement

https://www.investegate.co.uk/unilever- ... 00078484C/

Thanks Ian. All of that sounds fine to me.

Dod

You’re welcome Dod. Very good results imho. I’d like to buy more of their shares, just not at any price.

Ian.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » October 22nd, 2020, 9:03 am

They are my second largest holding after Scottish Mortgage, and are holding up well at around £48. The time to buy is now? I think they will continue to do well especially if the unification goes through as it looks as if it will.

Dod

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » October 22nd, 2020, 9:24 am

Dod101 wrote:They are my second largest holding after Scottish Mortgage, and are holding up well at around £48. The time to buy is now? I think they will continue to do well especially if the unification goes through as it looks as if it will.

Dod

One of my biggest direct share holdings, but unless I ignore my self-imposed size guidelines (not to mention low yield and the aversion to falling in love with a share) , I am unlikely to topup any time soon.

Arb.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » October 22nd, 2020, 9:34 am

Arborbridge wrote:
Dod101 wrote:They are my second largest holding after Scottish Mortgage, and are holding up well at around £48. The time to buy is now? I think they will continue to do well especially if the unification goes through as it looks as if it will.

Dod

One of my biggest direct share holdings, but unless I ignore my self-imposed size guidelines (not to mention low yield and the aversion to falling in love with a share) , I am unlikely to topup any time soon.

Arb.

I will not be topping up but will certainly continue to hold, The relatively modest yield does not bother me in the slightest. Dependable income is a valuable attribute these days.

Dod

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » October 22nd, 2020, 9:42 am

Dod101 wrote:
I will not be topping up but will certainly continue to hold, The relatively modest yield does not bother me in the slightest. Dependable income is a valuable attribute these days.

Dod

Same here, and agreed. However, if my average yield fell to that of ULVR, I would be struggling more on the income side. It's simple arithmatic: you would need more capital to survive.

Arb.

ADrunkenMarcus
Lemon Quarter

Postby ADrunkenMarcus » October 25th, 2020, 3:34 pm

According to the work done by European Dividend Growth investor, Unilever plc's annual dividend has risen from 0.2778p in 1929 to 142.76p in 2019, a CAGR over those ninety years of about 7.2 percent. There have been some freezes and the dividend was not paid during the war.

I've held since 2013 and, oddly enough, the dividend to 2019 grew by a CAGR of about 7.8 percent.

Elephants may not gallop, but they can be pretty consistent.

Best wishes

Mark.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » October 25th, 2020, 5:16 pm

I have just read most of the 147 posts on this thread and what I take from it is that there is an awful lot of silly second guessing about Unilever. B,est as regard sustainability, brand management, advertising spend and so on just to let them get on with it. That is what I have done for the last 25 years or so and have come to no harm. indeed Unilever has consistently done well in that time and I expect it will continue to do so by evolving and responding to changes in the environments in which it operates, as it has always done.

Dod

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » October 27th, 2020, 5:03 pm

Unification of Unilever's Corporate Structure - Update

Unilever announces that, following Board meetings held earlier today, the Boards intend to proceed with their Unification proposals and to request that the UK High Court approves the Cross-Border Merger at the hearing scheduled to take place on 2 November 2020, with a view to completion of Unification on 29 November 2020.

Full item here;

https://www.investegate.co.uk/unilever- ... 15013804D/

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » November 2nd, 2020, 2:01 pm

Unification of Corporate Structure- Court Approval

Unilever announces that the UK High Court has today approved the Cross-Border Merger between Unilever PLC and Unilever NV, pursuant to Regulation 16 of The Companies (Cross-Border Mergers) Regulations 2007. Upon the Cross-Border Merger becoming effective, Unilever's existing dual-parent holding company structure will be unified and Unilever PLC will become the single parent company of the Unilever Group ("Unification")

Subject to the terms of the order of the UK High Court, the Cross-Border Merger and Unification are expected to become effective on 29 November 2020, upon which NV Shareholders and NV NYRS Holders (excluding Withdrawing Shareholders) will receive one New PLC Share or New PLC ADS in exchange for each NV Share or NV NYRS held. The expected timetable of principal events for the implementation of Unifications...

...only affects holders of NV shares and can be found in the RNS.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/unilever- ... 25049716D/

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » November 6th, 2020, 12:03 pm

FTSE Russell intends to implement the Unification and adjust the FT indices as set out in this RNS.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/ftse-russ ... 00024408E/

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » November 6th, 2020, 12:08 pm

Thanks for that Bree. That should make the accounts a bit easier to understand as well as making for a more efficient company. and an easier one for some predator to have a go at!

Dod

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » November 30th, 2020, 7:14 am

Completion of Unilever's Unification

Unilever is pleased to announce the completion of the unification of its Group legal structure under a single parent company, Unilever PLC.

From today, and for the first time in its history, Unilever now trades with one market capitalisation, one class of shares and one global pool of liquidity, whilst also maintaining the Group's listings on the Amsterdam, London and New York stock exchanges.

Nils Andersen, Chairman of Unilever, said: "This is an important day for Unilever and we would like to thank our shareholders for their strong support of our Unification proposals, which give us greater flexibility for strategic portfolio change, remove complexity and further improve governance."

There will be no change to the operations, locations, activities or staffing levels in either The Netherlands or the United Kingdom as a result of Unification. The headquarters of Unilever's Foods & Refreshment Division will continue to be based in Rotterdam and the Home Care and Beauty & Personal Care Divisions will continue to be headquartered in the United Kingdom.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/unilever- ... 00068358G/

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » December 8th, 2020, 2:23 pm

I have located the cutting about Unilever conducting a trial of a four day week in New Zealand:

"We're taking the long view, says Unilever before four-day-week trial" You should be able to get if you Google it.

They really seem to be reaching out to employees to offer the greatest flexibility: "We want to work through it with each individual and say: "What is going to work best for you to enable you to be at your best?"

Can you see it increasing productivity here?

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » December 8th, 2020, 2:27 pm

Bouleversee wrote:I have located the cutting about Unilever conducting a trial of a four day week in New Zealand:

"We're taking the long view, says Unilever before four-day-week trial" You should be able to get if you Google it.

They really seem to be reaching out to employees to offer the greatest flexibility: "We want to work through it with each individual and say: "What is going to work best for you to enable you to be at your best?"

Here's a link, Bouleversee ;)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... rking-week

TBH, in the height of Covid several firms have canvassed their employees to record views of preferred work patterns - employees perspective.

From my POV adding flexibility and removing time/energy/(and money) wasted in my commute certainly increase my productivity.

Matt

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » December 8th, 2020, 2:32 pm

EDIT:
4 day / week may be beneficial. Certain classes of IT workers are probably "burnout" by Friday.

FWIW my productivity matrix is interesting. I could go easily for a few hours and achieve very little, and then in 2 hours do about 2 days of work.

Or have a very productive 6 hours, and spend the next day feeling run down and not deliver much.

White collar productivity, IMHO, is hard to measure.

Matt

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » December 8th, 2020, 2:58 pm

Incidentally, as may already have been notified on here, the article also said that the company said it had unified its group legal structure under a single parent company, Unilever plc, and that the group would trade with one market capitalisation, one class of shares and one global pool of liquidity, while maintaining its listings on the Amsterdam, London and New York stock exchanges.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » December 8th, 2020, 3:03 pm

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:
Bouleversee wrote:I have located the cutting about Unilever conducting a trial of a four day week in New Zealand:

Here's a link, Bouleversee ;)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... rking-week

TBH, in the height of Covid several firms have canvassed their employees to record views of preferred work patterns - employees perspective.

From my POV adding flexibility and removing time/energy/(and money) wasted in my commute certainly increase my productivity.

Matt

That link is for the Guardian article. Links don't seem to work for TT if you are not a subscriber.

If working from home increases productivity, why is it that I can now never get through to anybody without waiting an hour, if at all, and people don't ring back if I leave a message. My productivity is certainly not increased as there are problems with everything.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » December 8th, 2020, 3:45 pm

Bouleversee wrote:Incidentally, as may already have been notified on here, the article also said that the company said it had unified its group legal structure under a single parent company, Unilever plc, and that the group would trade with one market capitalisation, one class of shares and one global pool of liquidity, while maintaining its listings on the Amsterdam, London and New York stock exchanges.

Ah Bouleversee. Where have you been these last few months? !!! This has been well publicised and in fact is mentioned higher on this very thread. After about 90 years or so living with the dual company structure, PLC (the UK company) finally bought the NV company (the Dutch company) so it is now entirely owned from London and Unilever PLC. Boris will be pleased. I look forward to reading the unified accounts for 2020 next year. Should make them easier to understand. I think it went through this time because London is the better place than Rotterdam for a large multi national to be based and we now have a Swedish Chairman and a British CEO (rather than the Dutch both when they tried to unify making Rotterdam the HQ)

Dod
Last edited by Dod101 on December 8th, 2020, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » December 8th, 2020, 3:56 pm

Bouleversee wrote:
If working from home increases productivity, why is it that I can now never get through to anybody without waiting an hour, if at all, and people don't ring back if I leave a message. My productivity is certainly not increased as there are problems with everything.

Working from home and a four day week are surely not related are they? Most people that I speak to, such as my daughter and son in law who are both working from home agree with my feeling that working from home can work for a short period but in the longer run, people have got to get back into offices to meet again face to face. That is where ideas are generated and people spark off each other, as in Silicon Valley if you read any stuff about it. Furthermore, sitting in front of a screen all day and holding meetings via zoom is surely a great strain for many people.

As for productivity in general, two or three decades ago, there was a style of management called 'management by walking about'. That cannot be done when everyone works from home.

Some of course will thrive on it because the nature of their job is such that I does not matter where they are but for most I am sure the office is far from dead. That is not to say that there may not be 'mixed' employment because the last 9 months have presumably shown that home working is possible if not always desirable, but we are a social bunch and talking to each other and arguing the point is natural, satisfying to most and can be creative, all at the same time.

Dod

Return to “Company Share news (LSE Main Market)”