Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Clipper Logistcs PLC (CLG)

Share latest information on individual companies and hot news discussions. LSE Main Market companies only
Forum rules
No penny shares or promotional posts
Pendrainllwyn
Lemon Slice

Clipper Logistcs PLC (CLG)

Postby Pendrainllwyn » February 21st, 2022, 11:50 am

Clipper Logistics up 13%+ today due to a possible offer for the company from GXO Logistics. "The Board of Clipper has confirmed to GXO that, should a firm offer be made on the financial terms of the Possible Offer, it is minded to recommend it unanimously to Clipper shareholders, subject to the agreement of other customary terms and conditions."

Clipper is one of my larger UK holdings. I like the company's business and prospects and think it's worth more than the offer suggests. Others will be more knowledgeable than me but given the Board's position above I doubt a higher offer is waiting around the corner. I will be sorry to exit my position but have already started to think through where I will place the proceeds. Some of the growth stocks I like have traded off recently so it's not a bad time to recycle the proceeds.

Pendrainllwyn

Moderator Message:
Please take the time carefully to read the rules of this site and the guidance for this board before posting. Had you done so you would have

a) self-reported your opening post to bring it to moderators' attention,
b} formatted the subject title correctly, and
c) provided a link to your news source.

This is the link that was omitted.

Please take the time to do this before posting again. Thank you. - Chris

Pendrainllwyn
Lemon Slice

Re: Clipper Logistcs PLC (CLG)

Postby Pendrainllwyn » February 28th, 2022, 12:57 pm

The Boards of GXO Logistics and Clipper Logistics have reached an agreement on the terms of GXO's offer for CLG. The share price is currently 881p, 4.2% below the implied offer value of 920p.
https://www.londonstockexchange.com/new ... c/15344809

Pendrainllwyn

Hello Chris (Moderator)
Apologies.
- I have re-read the rules of the site and don't see any rules I have contravened. The link to the guidance you provided took me nowhere. I looked elsewhere for guidance for the board and couldn't find it. Can you please point me in the right direction?
- In the absence of the guidance I am not sure what formatting I got wrong other than misspelling Logistics.
- I have provided a link this time.

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Clipper Logistcs PLC (CLG)

Postby csearle » February 28th, 2022, 1:04 pm

Not sure why the link to the guidance is not working for you (seems to work for me) but the relevant parts are...
Before opening a new topic, please check it is not already in this list. If there is, use that topic to write your posts.
Thanks
This board is exclusively for companies that are listed on the LSE Main Market. For all other companies "news" can be posted on share ideas if no other board is relevant. Subsequent discussions can take place wherever board-specific guidelines permit, including on this board.

If you add a thread can you follow the convention and in the title have "company name" + "TIDM". If a thread already exists for the company post reply to that thread. If you need to start a new company thread please 'alert' your first post so that Moderators can do some admin. We will only allow ONE thread per company.

Regards,
Chris

Return to “Company Share news (LSE Main Market)”