Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to GrahamPlatt,gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron, for Donating to support the site

Hiscox Ltd (HSX)

Share latest information on individual companies and hot news discussions. LSE Main Market companies only
Forum rules
No penny shares or promotional posts
scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter

Hiscox Ltd (HSX)

Postby scrumpyjack » January 13th, 2023, 6:52 pm

I see that Hiscox joins the FTSE 100 index next week, following the takeover of Aveva, who leave the index.

Maybe this will lead to further recovery in the SP after the lows following the Covid insurance cover hoohah.

seagles
Lemon Slice

Re: Hiscox Ltd (HSX)

Postby seagles » January 14th, 2023, 11:52 am

It is "expected" that a link to any news be contained in the post. Found this item for reference.

scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter

Postby scrumpyjack » January 14th, 2023, 12:31 pm

seagles wrote:It is "expected" that a link to any news be contained in the post. Found this item for reference.

Hiscox emailed me that announcement. Not sure how much to clog up TLF with such things but will next time if England 'expects' it.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » January 14th, 2023, 1:48 pm

scrumpyjack wrote:
seagles wrote:It is "expected" that a link to any news be contained in the post. Found this item for reference.

Hiscox emailed me that announcement. Not sure how much to clog up TLF with such things but will next time if England 'expects' it.

Thanks for your input. You did the right thing telling the gang hereabouts about this item. I tend to wade through the RNS's that are issued Mon - Fri via investegate.co.uk, and post links to items that I think may be of interest to my fellow Lemons. No doubt some dislike me posting so many news items, on the appropriate boards of course. Each to their own and all that, but generally I get some good feedback and reactions/comments/input.

The rules for this board are here; viewtopic.php?p=201758#p201758

As for Hiscox, I don't hold them.

Ian.

scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter

Postby scrumpyjack » January 14th, 2023, 1:54 pm

idpickering wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:

Thanks for your input. You did the right thing telling the gang hereabouts about this item. I tend to wade through the RNS's that are issued each work day via investegate.co.uk, and post links to items that I think may be of interest to my fellow Lemons. No doubt some dislike me posting so many news items, on the appropriate boards of course. Each to their own and all that, but generally I get some good feedback and reactions/comments/input.

As for Hiscox, I don't hold them.

Ian.

I have followed them for a very long time, having previously been involved in the Lloyd's insurance market for many years and bought a fair sized holding after the kerfuffle over Covid insurance claims and their rights issue at that point, at about 700p. I had met some of the management and felt they were fundamentally a good well run business and such temporary setbacks, when accompanied by an excessively pessimistic share price reaction, are often a good buying opportunity. So far so good :D

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » January 14th, 2023, 2:11 pm

scrumpyjack wrote:
I have followed them for a very long time, having previously been involved in the Lloyd's insurance market for many years and bought a fair sized holding after the kerfuffle over Covid insurance claims and their rights issue at that point, at about 700p. I had met some of the management and felt they were fundamentally a good well run business and such temporary setbacks, when accompanied by an excessively pessimistic share price reaction, are often a good buying opportunity. So far so good :D

Cheers for your post, and for clarifying your thoughts on this outfit.

Have a thanks/rec.

Ian.

Return to “Company Share news (LSE Main Market)”