Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Not able to buy ARKK in UK

General discussions about growth strategies which focus primarily on investing for capital growth
Peter1B1
Lemon Pip

Not able to buy ARKK in UK

Postby Peter1B1 » February 11th, 2022, 11:24 am

I raised the below on Lemon Fool's Investment Trust page but it may be more at home here on Growth Strategies - on which I am a newbie. The posts query how to buy ARKK in UK; and seek views on the recently launched L&G Global Thematic ETF which appears to run on similar ideas. Thank you.

Peter1B1

'I sat in on ARKK's Big Ideas seminar last week. I have been keen - but prevented, see below - from taking a slice of ARKK for a long time. The seminar confirmed once again that ARKK take the disruptive innovation idea very seriously.

We had eight hours of extremely bright young topic experts on their core innovation themes: blockchain, energy storage, genomics, robotics and artificial intelligence. My lack of virtually any knowledge of these topics is not, of course, the best basis for an investment; but they certainly do know what they are talking about. Better, the ETF (and its individual-themed 'sub-ETFs') are under the experienced investment eye of Cathy Wood and her senior team. All in all, ARKK seems to me well worth following.

That might seem to be a high-risk venture as ARKK's 50% price tumble over the last year would seem to confirm. But as a stake in a long-term growth pf, there is a lot for me to like. A good time to buy, if only I could.

The problem is that ARKK has not done the MIFID grunt work to produce KIIDs for the UK (and I guess European) retail investor markets. I have been on at them for two years to do this but they just say that they are working on it. If Schiehallion can do it - and with a risk score of 3 when I bought to boot! - then why not ARKK?

Does anyone have a better fix on ARKK's intentions with regard to sale on mainstream UK platforms, HL for me? I'd rather not add complexity by buying via US brokers or other devices.

Thanks, Peter1B1

Re: Ark Innovation Trust ETF
#479906 by Mememe » February 10th, 2022, 8:26 pm
Can’t comment on ark but this seems to be along similar lines

L&G Global Thematic ETF https://fundcentres.lgim.com/srp/lit/7Z ... -2021.pdf'

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Re: Not able to buy ARKK in UK

Postby mc2fool » February 11th, 2022, 11:36 am

Peter1B1, FYI the convention on these boards is not to "double post", i.e. put posts with the same content into two boards, but rather if you feel that a topic is of interest to more than one board then to post it in one board and post link(s) to that in the other board(s).

Like so: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=33287 :D
Moderator Message:
Hi Peter, you can obtain a copy of the link by clicking the blue # number to the left of the username on the target post. - Chris

Return to “Growth Strategies”