Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Investment in India PAC

General discussions about growth strategies which focus primarily on investing for capital growth
yieldhog
Lemon Slice

Investment in India PAC

Postby yieldhog » March 29th, 2024, 7:04 am

Having simplified and revamped my SIPP I'm now reviewing our ISAs and taxable trading accounts.
One of the things I've been looking for is an IT with good exposure to India and PAC popped up as a possible candidate.
It has a great track record compared with most of it's competitors in this sector and virtually no dividend hence suitable for our trading account.
A search of TLF turned up a some useful comments but nothing very recent.
Does anyone hold this and have any insight they can share?

Y

Coobster

Re: Investment in India PAC

Postby Coobster » March 30th, 2024, 12:53 pm

Hi Yieldhog,
there's an oblique reference to PAC on Citywire, I hope this link works - https://citywire.com/investment-trust-i ... d/a2435962

The article mentions Trusts in the Asia Pacific sector, City Wire plumps for Pacific Horizon (PHI) as the better bet.
I'm watching PAC but also interested in Schroder Asia Total Return (ATR) though reserved about the total Taiwan / Hong Kong of 37%.

If you want an IT with a fair percentage holding of India - it's worth looking at the India sector itself. I hold Ashoka India Equity (AIE) as of two months ago. Happy with it so far.

I hope this helps

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » March 30th, 2024, 1:13 pm

I was musing about a year or two back that India with it's growing population and middleclassification might see cash flowing to it's companies so I thought about adding a specific fund. I didn't look for very long and settled on the iShares ETF IIND.
https://www.ishares.com/uk/individual/e ... rough=true

yieldhog
Lemon Slice

Postby yieldhog » March 31st, 2024, 8:49 am

Coobster wrote:Hi Yieldhog,
there's an oblique reference to PAC on Citywire, I hope this link works - https://citywire.com/investment-trust-i ... d/a2435962

The article mentions Trusts in the Asia Pacific sector, City Wire plumps for Pacific Horizon (PHI) as the better bet.
I'm watching PAC but also interested in Schroder Asia Total Return (ATR) though reserved about the total Taiwan / Hong Kong of 37%.

Thanks Coobster, the article was very helpful.
As well as the Schroder fund ATR, I'm also considering Schroder's SOI which I've owned in the past and got reasonably good results. However, in this instance I'm looking for a bigger India allocation, so it will probably be between PHI and PAC.

Y

Coobster

Postby Coobster » March 31st, 2024, 2:01 pm

yieldhog wrote:
Coobster wrote:Hi Yieldhog,

Thanks Coobster, the article was very helpful.
As well as the Schroder fund ATR, I'm also considering Schroder's SOI which I've owned in the past and got reasonably good results. However, in this instance I'm looking for a bigger India allocation, so it will probably be between PHI and PAC.

Y

Hi Yieldhog,
I've held Schroder Oriental Income (SOI) for 18 months or so now. It's in the Asia Pacific Equity Income sector with a nice yield of about 4.5%. I'm happy with the (slight) growth and the income. It does though have a fair exposure to China / Taiwan / Hong Kong of about 40% in total hence my comment above about more exposure to China etc.
I caught a bit of a cold with JpMorgan China Growth & Income (JCGI) a while back and I'm reluctant to get caught out again.
All the best
Coobster

yieldhog
Lemon Slice

Postby yieldhog » April 18th, 2024, 9:45 am

I ended up buying some PHI and PAC to put into this year's ISAs.
Thanks to all for comments.

Y

Return to “Growth Strategies”