Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Another pub.

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
pje16
Lemon Half

Re: Another pub.

Postby pje16 » June 12th, 2021, 5:06 pm

Dod101 wrote:
pje16 wrote:
Mike4 wrote:I'd have thought that anyone going into pubs must be fundamentally skeptical about the value of masks, given it is impossible to drink or eat whilst wearing one.

My local pub has it sorted
at the table no mask, get up to go to the loo, put your mask on and EVERYONE follows it
Staff have masks and serve you at the table

There is nothing to 'sort'. I thought that was the rule. I was in a fairly busy town centre restaurant last evening and that is how everyone behaved as far as I could see.

Dod

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear
"Sorted" is organized, arranged, or dealt with satisfactorily
and while it is the rule other pubs in this thread do not follow the rules

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » June 12th, 2021, 6:46 pm

pje16 wrote:
Dod101 wrote:
pje16 wrote:My local pub has it sorted
at the table no mask, get up to go to the loo, put your mask on and EVERYONE follows it
Staff have masks and serve you at the table

There is nothing to 'sort'. I thought that was the rule. I was in a fairly busy town centre restaurant last evening and that is how everyone behaved as far as I could see.

Dod

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear
"Sorted" is organized, arranged, or dealt with satisfactorily
and while it is the rule other pubs in this thread do not follow the rules

Sorry, yes I know. But it is simple and straightforward. Just follow the rules. What some seem not to understand is that the rules are there for everyone's benefit and are not just made up to make life difficult.

Dod

AndyPandy
Lemon Slice

Postby AndyPandy » June 13th, 2021, 11:41 am

anon155742 wrote:
servodude wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:
Perhaps next time though, might it be better to protest against those that are actually setting these rules, rather than those poor businesses that are simply trying to implement them?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

I'm failing to see the politics in all this?

The restaurateur was intentionally deceived so that he'd suffer a loss of earnings; how is that in any way a political protest? Did the pink marshmallow rock up on the night and wave through the window to let them know what was meant?

Surely it's just a cowardly act of spite backed up with some hypocrisy about a "low trust society"

What am I missing here?
-sd

It was a "nudge"

According to our elites that is the way you change behaviour these days

It wasn't a 'nudge', it was a pretty shitty way to behave. I'm a small Business Owner, although luckily not in Hospitality. The last 12 months has been iffy for me, but I've pulled through. Hospitality is on its knees and your actions are helping push them over the edge. If you have any decency, go back and slip them the profit they would have made from you. Google it, you may be surprised how little eateries net from each cover and how many other covers they must sell to make back the loss from your action.

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”