Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Coronavirus - General Chat - No statistics

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Coronavirus - General Chat - No statistics

Postby bungeejumper » October 20th, 2021, 10:56 am

pje16 wrote:or a shrink :lol:

Look hasn't posted since May, when he was told off by mods for posting about a Brazilian wonder drug that supposedly kills cancer. viewtopic.php?f=72&t=29132&p=408688#p408688 . His faith in ivermectin, a drug normally prescribed for parasitic worms, isn't shared by the European medical establishment for Covid (mild understatement - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58170809). And he has repeatedly insisted that Brazil's vast covid mortality is caused in some mysterious way by doctors who are lining their own pockets by under-prescribing drugs. (At least, I think that was his argument?) Nothing to do with President Bolsonaro's behaviour at all. :|

I am, very sincerely, not trying to doubt the poor fellow's good intent - that would IMV be an unacceptable put-down. And yes, as sd very effectively argues, there is no place on these boards for making fun of people who don't have English as a first language. But medically unapproved "solutions" like these, which are considered ineffective at best, and fatally harmful at worst, need to be treated with a wider than usual degree of contextual caution. Okay, I'll shut up now.

BJ

AWOL
Lemon Slice

Postby AWOL » October 20th, 2021, 11:01 am

servodude wrote:
I know this is a UK centric forum but look was a poster who made very interesting and salient contributions from his position in Brazil in a few of the COVID fora at the start of this pandemic

I hope we're not regressing to the point of humour at the expense of those that don't speak English as a first language; particularly as a St Mirren supporting Feg'!

I hope things are going well with you Look; and that things are getting back to normal where you are

Stay well
-sd

I was not being humorous or commenting on linguistic skills. I am concerned that some people may take ivermectin following reading posts like this online. There is precedent for this.

I was also concerned if Look is feeling ill he may act on these ideas. Look appeared to mention being ill with flu like illnesses and I think that doctors are best places to advise on medication.

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer- ... t-covid-19

https://www.cochrane.org/CD015017/INFEC ... g-covid-19

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » October 20th, 2021, 11:11 am

bungeejumper wrote:
pje16 wrote:or a shrink :lol:

Look hasn't posted since May, when he was told off by mods for posting about a Brazilian wonder drug that supposedly kills cancer. viewtopic.php?f=72&t=29132&p=408688#p408688 . His faith in ivermectin, a drug normally prescribed for parasitic worms, isn't shared by the European medical establishment (mild understatement - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58170809). And he has repeatedly insisted that Brazil's vast covid mortality is caused in some mysterious way by doctors who are lining their own pockets by under-prescribing drugs. (At least, I think that was his argument?) Nothing to do with President Bolsonaro's behaviour at all. :|

I am, very sincerely, not trying to doubt the poor fellow's good intent - that would IMV be an unacceptable put-down. And yes, as sd very effectively argues, there is no place on these boards for making fun of people who don't have English as a first language. But medically unapproved "solutions" like these, which are considered ineffective at best, and fatally harmful at worst, need to be treated with a wider than usual degree of contextual caution. Okay, I'll shut up now.

BJ

I'll just quietly assert that not everyone has access to the same resources; and that intentions matter

I've got the luxury of my position (socially and professionally) from which to view this stuff
- I have no issue with those that don't
I've engaged with many that are spinning this pandemic for their own agenda; I do not think Look is one of those

He is giving us a first hand report of how this is playing out where he is; in a place that has very different resources, policies and motives from most here

Good luck Look
-sd

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » October 20th, 2021, 11:15 am

AWOL wrote:
servodude wrote:
I know this is a UK centric forum but look was a poster who made very interesting and salient contributions from his position in Brazil in a few of the COVID fora at the start of this pandemic

I hope we're not regressing to the point of humour at the expense of those that don't speak English as a first language; particularly as a St Mirren supporting Feg'!

I hope things are going well with you Look; and that things are getting back to normal where you are

Stay well
-sd

I was not being humorous or commenting on linguistic skills. I am concerned that some people may take ivermectin following reading posts like this online. There is precedent for this.

I was also concerned if Look is feeling ill he may act on these ideas. Look appeared to mention being ill with flu like illnesses and I think that doctors are best places to advise on medication.

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer- ... t-covid-19

https://www.cochrane.org/CD015017/INFEC ... g-covid-19

I agree, it's not a treatment I would use
I was probably being overly defensive of a poster I've seen berated before; we don't all have access to the same info or resources
Apologies

-sd

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » October 20th, 2021, 11:19 am

viewtopic.php?f=98&t=22218&p=451563#p451530
seems like the post before this and the one it related to have been removed (with no explanation) so my post (linked) makes no sense
(no smart comments please :lol: )

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » October 20th, 2021, 12:01 pm

pje16 wrote:https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=22218&p=451563#p451530
seems like the post before this and the one it related to have been removed (with no explanation) so my post (linked) makes no sense
(no smart comments please :lol: )

Dumb comments allowed?
I've heard the first rule of moderation is "you don't talk about moderation"
- shame really because they do do (and have for as long as I can recall have done) an excellent job here
- so goodness knows what preceded your post! :)

-sd

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » October 20th, 2021, 12:10 pm

What precedes it was a post where someone was talking about taking various alternative concoctions to take as vaccines
followed by another post suggesting that he should see a doctor

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » October 20th, 2021, 12:14 pm

pje16 wrote:What precedes it was a post where someone was talking about taking various alternative concoctions to take as vaccines
followed by another post suggesting that he should see a doctor

Have you considered a shrink? ;)

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » October 20th, 2021, 12:22 pm

@servodude
Way too smart :D

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » October 20th, 2021, 12:22 pm

servodude wrote:I've heard the first rule of moderation is "you don't talk about moderation"
- shame really because they do do (and have for as long as I can recall have done) an excellent job here
- so goodness knows what preceded your post! :)

One of the deleted posts was from Look, who was baring his soul somewhat - talking more about exhaustion and flu-like symptoms than covid, I think. And about the search for pharmaceutical help. I can't know whether he deleted his own post (unlikely, given the prevailing time of night in Brazil), or whether a mod thought it better to spare his blushes?

He sounded tired and he was flailing a bit. Your defending instinct was spot on. :)

BJ

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » October 20th, 2021, 12:35 pm

servodude wrote:I've heard the first rule of moderation is "you don't talk about moderation"

The second rule of moderation being: "You don't talk about the first rule of moderation" ?

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » October 20th, 2021, 12:44 pm

XFool wrote:

The second rule of moderation being: "You don't talk about the first rule of moderation" ?

You're claimed! Nae hauners!

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » October 20th, 2021, 6:13 pm

So Sajid Javid thinks a thousand deaths a week with Covid is "mercifully low". I'm sure the relatives are comforted by that...

Scott.

look
2 Lemon pips

Postby look » October 20th, 2021, 6:28 pm

thanks for all that gave me support.
i didn't delete my post.
I am not agaist vacines, my first was a pfizer in august. I am against the compulsory vacine. The most brazilians received the coronavac, it seems that vacine is a bad deal.
Yesterday i was a bit fearful. Later i remenber that i have a pulse oximeter. Then i use it and became more calm. The ox. level was 99 and was 100 today morning.
about invermectine, people of the umiversity of west virginia in USA recommend it for use in hospital, but in big dosis.
the nac (n acetil cisteine) is recognized as a remedy against flu, but some guys want to crucify they who use it for covid.

1nvest
Lemon Quarter

Postby 1nvest » October 20th, 2021, 8:40 pm

swill453 wrote:So Sajid Javid thinks a thousand deaths a week with Covid is "mercifully low". I'm sure the relatives are comforted by that...

Scott.

Getting on for 12,000 die each week in the UK. Sad and uncomfortable for each and every family. The world is well passed where it might have been contained/eliminated and as such it is here to stay. Thankfully, at least so far, its nowhere near as deadly at it might have been. Just hope it doesn't mutate as the Spanish flu did a century+ ago, that went from Covid type mortality rates up to 33% levels.

look
2 Lemon pips

Postby look » October 21st, 2021, 12:21 am

about the math protocol: m is metilpresnizolone, a is ascorbic acid (vit C), t is thiamine (one of the b vitamins) and h is heparine.
here is a link of the front page: https://covid19criticalcare.com/covid-1 ... -protocol/

notice that this protocol is for use in hospital, but it can be a inspiration.

4 substances that appear i consider almost inofensive: ascorbic acid, thiamine, vit. D and melatonin.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/covid-1 ... -protocol/

ivermectin is effective but is dangerous for the liver, i have at home to use when things go bad but didn't used it yet.

i read briefly about the ressurgence of the pes in UK. What i read ca all be true, but ithink there can be one more reason: it's the good health system in UK.

1nvest
Lemon Quarter

Postby 1nvest » October 21st, 2021, 2:07 am

Bouleversee wrote:
AWOL wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/19/without-covid-19-jab-reinfection-may-occur-every-16-months-say-scientists

I had been expecting this.

So had I. I was quite surprised to learn that despite confirmation that my grandson has Covid and is isolating in his bedroom, his parents were told they could go back to work and his sister back to school without waiting for test results for themselves.

Government/ONS evidence suggests reinfection tends to have milder symptoms.

The plan since July seems to be to have broad infections prior to the start of the flu season, spread the NHS load out rather than a double whammy flu/covid winter months NHS overload. My unvaccinated 25 year old son contracted it pretty much as soon as nightclubs were reopened back in July, neither his brother or myself, both vaccinated, contracted it and despite close quarters (no internal home separation/protections). 89 year old mother caught it whilst in hospital back in January, very mild if any symptoms.

Just maybe, high rates of Covid contraction/exposure in warmer months might yield lower flu (and Covid) infections during the flu season, whilst in other countries with lower summer month infections they might endure greater problems across the winter months. Some have suggested that having had a cold can also serve as a barrier to contracting Covid, so presumably that could also swing the other way around - contracting Covid during the summer might help avoid contracting the flu during the winter. As such whilst the UK is being seen as one of the worst, across the longer game that could turn around (low UK Covid/flu during the flu season, compared to others seeing their health services overloaded with both flu/Covid during the flu season).

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » October 21st, 2021, 9:46 am

UK Gov needs to pay attention or else they will respond too late (AGAIN) :roll:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58990658

88V8
Lemon Half

Postby 88V8 » October 21st, 2021, 10:08 am

pje16 wrote:UK Gov needs to pay attention or else they will respond too late (AGAIN).

Too late has become a habit, it seems.

I hear talk about the NHS 'not being put under too much pressure'. Surely they should not be put under any avoidable pressure, given the backlogs.

The govt's reluctance to take the mildest steps - passports + mandatory masks in shops & on transport - seems to me assinine. I can only assume it comes from BoJo; Matthew Parris described him as a 'Prime Minister for good times', sadly the right chap at the wrong time.

V8

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » October 21st, 2021, 10:13 am

pje16 wrote:UK Gov needs to pay attention or else they will respond too late (AGAIN) :roll:

Of course many are saying they're already responding too late.

The Health Minister on Radio 4 this morning refused to deny that chief scientist Patrick Vallance advised triggering "Plan B" now.

Meanwhile they advise wearing masks in crowded places, while setting the worst example in the house of commons.

Scott.

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”