Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Novak Djokovic

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool

Should Novac have been allowed to take part in the Australian Open?

Yes
12%
No
88%

Total votes: 73

RockRabbit
Lemon Slice

Re: Novak Djokovic

Postby RockRabbit » January 16th, 2022, 12:09 pm

U962 wrote:Tell that to the relatives of the BBC radio presenter Lisa Shaw, age 44 and in good health took the vax and dead within a week. Coroner rules it was "complication following the vax"
Or you might tell it to the other relatives of the 1182 post AZ vax deaths, 684 post Pfzier deaths and for Moderna the number is 29: data as of 05/01/2022.
But not as epic as the 52year old Canadian doctor who was on twitter blasting off at the Anti-this-vax people saying he would not cry at their funeral - yup you can just guess the rest: he took the vax booster and he too was dead in 2 weeks.

Anyway my local village there has been a change of 'heart'
Following someone previously healthy who has mysteriously now developed heart problems, no one now mentions the vax to me (I'm not touching it with a bargepole). more significantly I've received an apology from one of the more strident "you must have the vax" type individuals who now says that it is a personal decision for the person concerned whether they have the vax or not.

One of my best techniques for getting rid of the strident pro-vaxers was to say OK so if its totally safe lets agree that if I get a bad reaction to the vax you pay me £1m - what's the problem with that, you say is totally safe so there's no possibility of you having to pay........
(They don't know I've already had one instant immediate bad reaction to a past vax)

To be consistent, you should then refuse all medical treatment/medicine/vax, as medical treatment/medicine/vax nearly always carries some risk.

RockRabbit
Lemon Slice

Postby RockRabbit » January 16th, 2022, 12:21 pm

U962 wrote:Tell that to the relatives of the BBC radio presenter Lisa Shaw, age 44 and in good health took the vax and dead within a week. Coroner rules it was "complication following the vax"
Or you might tell it to the other relatives of the 1182 post AZ vax deaths, 684 post Pfzier deaths and for Moderna the number is 29: data as of 05/01/2022.
But not as epic as the 52year old Canadian doctor who was on twitter blasting off at the Anti-this-vax people saying he would not cry at their funeral - yup you can just guess the rest: he took the vax booster and he too was dead in 2 weeks.

Anyway my local village there has been a change of 'heart'
Following someone previously healthy who has mysteriously now developed heart problems, no one now mentions the vax to me (I'm not touching it with a bargepole). more significantly I've received an apology from one of the more strident "you must have the vax" type individuals who now says that it is a personal decision for the person concerned whether they have the vax or not.

One of my best techniques for getting rid of the strident pro-vaxers was to say OK so if its totally safe lets agree that if I get a bad reaction to the vax you pay me £1m - what's the problem with that, you say is totally safe so there's no possibility of you having to pay........
(They don't know I've already had one instant immediate bad reaction to a past vax)

Nor do under 2000* VAX deaths stack up very well against 5.5 miilion COVID deaths to date (which are increasing by way more than 2000 deaths every single day. (source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries )

(* and I suspect that these figures for VAX deaths come from an anti-vax source rather than a verifiable reputable source. I've seen them bandied around before and they have been de-bunked)

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » January 16th, 2022, 12:30 pm

RockRabbit wrote:To be consistent, you should then refuse all medical treatment/medicine/vax, as medical treatment/medicine/vax nearly always carries some risk.

AIUI, the word "nearly" in your statement above should be deleted, for total accuracy.

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » January 16th, 2022, 1:01 pm

Julian wrote:
U962 wrote:Care to provide a link to the source(s) of that data so that we can see the criteria for inclusion in the death numbers, see what steps were taken to control for any confounding factors such as pre-existing conditions, or indeed see if that data is actually real or simply made up?

I'm not spending hours on this it is common knowledge that deaths as a result of being vaxxed are very low

"Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem. More than 520 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through January 10, 2022. During this time, VAERS received 11,225 reports of death (0.0022%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA clinicians review reports of death to VAERS including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records."
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... vents.html
Last edited by pje16 on January 16th, 2022, 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spet0789
Lemon Quarter

Postby Spet0789 » January 16th, 2022, 1:01 pm

U962 wrote:

Tell you what. Rather than suggest people write you free insurance to try and make your point, let’s structure this properly.

If you get the vaccine and die I’ll pay you £1m. We nominate an unvaxxed “reference U962” with a similar profile to you health-wise. If that person dies of Covid, you pay me £1m.

If I had been able to find 10,000 buffoons willing to do that deal, which by your logic is entirely fair, then I’d be up about £25m by now, give or take. FIRE achieved!

Julian
Lemon Quarter

Postby Julian » January 16th, 2022, 2:03 pm

pje16 wrote:
Julian wrote:
U962 wrote:Care to provide a link to the source(s) of that data so that we can see the criteria for inclusion in the death numbers, see what steps were taken to control for any confounding factors such as pre-existing conditions, or indeed see if that data is actually real or simply made up?

I'm not spending hours on this it is common knowledge that deaths as a result of being vaxxed are very low

Agreed re not worth spending much time on it but I think it's always worth challenging these data claims though just to see if people can actually cite their sources or whether they are just regurgitating something they have seen elsewhere without bothering to check if it is accurate, and also to try, possibly futilely, to drive the message home that if you really want to claim that you have data to support a belief then you should cite the source of that data so that others can scrutinise it if they wish to do so.

A small point pje16, and I know it's easily done because I've probably done it myself on more than one occasion, but you got the quotes a bit messed up there. It was me who posted that "Care to provide a link to the source(s) of that data..." comment in challenge to U962's comments rather than U962 asking for a link to the data source(s). The quoting should have been something like...

U962 wrote:...
Julian wrote:Care to provide a link to the source(s) of that data so that we can see the criteria for inclusion in the death numbers, see what steps were taken to control for any confounding factors such as pre-existing conditions, or indeed see if that data is actually real or simply made up?

- Julian

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » January 16th, 2022, 3:11 pm

Whoops
Apologies Juilan (and U962)
as I slipped up on the quoting
Not an excuse and not referring to this instance, but there are a lot of threads on this forum with totally unncessary quotes
(bet I get slaughted for that :lol: )

jfgw
Lemon Quarter

Postby jfgw » January 16th, 2022, 4:14 pm

This site is of no statistical value but may be of benefit to those who do not understand the anecdotal evidence fallacy: https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/

Julian F. G. W.

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Postby TUK020 » January 17th, 2022, 5:35 pm

One needs to consider all of the risks involved.
The risk of an individual dying in a car crash on the way to the vaccination centre is of the same order as the risk of dying from vaccination complications.
Both of these are of course lost in the noise compared to the additional risk of dying from COVID for the unvaccinated.

What payment is being proposed for the journey to the vaccination centre?

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » January 20th, 2022, 1:16 pm

https://news.sky.com/story/novak-djokov ... y-12520442

"Novak Djokovic owns majority stake of COVID cure company
It has emerged the Serbian tennis player holds a majority stake in a Danish biotech firm working to develop a treatment for coronavirus."

Hallucigenia
Lemon Quarter

Postby Hallucigenia » January 20th, 2022, 2:08 pm

monabri wrote:https://news.sky.com/story/novak-djokovic-owns-majority-stake-of-covid-cure-company-12520442

"Novak Djokovic owns majority stake of COVID cure company
It has emerged the Serbian tennis player holds a majority stake in a Danish biotech firm working to develop a treatment for coronavirus."

Well - not so much a biotech as a homeopathy company :
https://twitter.com/whereisdaz/status/1 ... 8835887105

And for more of his "medical" beliefs :
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-59897918

In his book Serve to Win, Djokovic described how in 2010 he met with a nutritionist who asked him to hold a piece of bread in his left hand while he pressed down on his right arm. Djokovic claims he was much weaker while holding the bread, and cited this as evidence of gluten intolerance.

And during an Instagram live, he claimed that positive thought could "cleanse" polluted water, adding that "scientists have proven that molecules in water react to our emotions."

bluedonkey
Lemon Quarter

Postby bluedonkey » January 20th, 2022, 2:38 pm

A homeopathy company - there's nothing in it.

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » January 21st, 2022, 7:32 am

Hallucigenia wrote:In his book Serve to Win, Djokovic described how in 2010 he met with a nutritionist who asked him to hold a piece of bread in his left hand while he pressed down on his right arm. Djokovic claims he was much weaker while holding the bread, and cited this as evidence of gluten intolerance.
And during an Instagram live, he claimed that positive thought could "cleanse" polluted water, adding that "scientists have proven that molecules in water react to our emotions." [/i]

REALLY :roll:
the beliefs of some humans never ceases to amaze me

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » January 21st, 2022, 8:06 am

pje16 wrote:
Hallucigenia wrote:In his book Serve to Win, Djokovic described how in 2010 he met with a nutritionist who asked him to hold a piece of bread in his left hand while he pressed down on his right arm. Djokovic claims he was much weaker while holding the bread, and cited this as evidence of gluten intolerance.
And during an Instagram live, he claimed that positive thought could "cleanse" polluted water, adding that "scientists have proven that molecules in water react to our emotions." [/i]

REALLY :roll:
the beliefs of some humans never ceases to amaze me

And THAT'S before you involve his donkey fixation!

It appears there's a good chance he won't be allowed to contest the French Open
- and he doesn't meet the requirements to enter the US

Suppose he's got a chance among the Wombles: or he could get jabbed, and stop lying!

-sd

doolally
Lemon Slice

Postby doolally » January 30th, 2022, 3:05 pm

Hey Novak..... see what a Covid jab can do for you? :lol:
doolally

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » November 16th, 2022, 10:48 am

Novak Djokovic visa ban overturned ahead of Australian Open
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-63645280
I am still surprised he refused to have a jab
but each to their own of course

BigB
Lemon Slice

Postby BigB » November 16th, 2022, 11:05 am

I have no real problem with his decision to not have the jab.

I am surprised the authorities did not make more of an issue (and maintain it now) with his deception around pretending to have had covid to get an exemption, and therefore not respecting the framework around mass vaccination; nor him being prepared to stand up firmly behind his own decision not to get jabbed.

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » November 16th, 2022, 11:19 am

From the article I linked above
“He was deported from the country 10 days later, despite mounting a successful legal challenge.”
That would have been interesting to listen to.

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”