Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to nimnarb,Clitheroekid,AndyPandy,DrFfybes,smokey01, for Donating to support the site

Coronavirus - General Chat - No statistics

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
bruncher
Lemon Quarter

Re: Coronavirus - General Chat - No statistics

Postby bruncher » July 10th, 2024, 11:13 am

Lootman wrote:
bruncher wrote:I guess this is why it is spreading so widely.

So what?

And what do you seek? Another lockdown? So that people like me won't have mild symptoms and a minor inconvenience?

What I appreciate is that people who are unwell take themselves out of circulation for a few days, to avoid spreading infection.

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » July 10th, 2024, 12:18 pm

bruncher wrote:
Lootman wrote:So what?

And what do you seek? Another lockdown? So that people like me won't have mild symptoms and a minor inconvenience?

What I appreciate is that people who are unwell take themselves out of circulation for a few days, to avoid spreading infection.

Not every one covers their mouth when they sneeze, or cough, or washes their hands after the toilet.
If they've made it to adult hood as entitled and thick selfish twats it's unlikely they'll ever learn
... they'll be around until they die out.
Just cross the road and walk on

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » July 10th, 2024, 12:28 pm

bruncher wrote:

Not everyone has the luxury of taking themselves out of circulation. People have jobs, families, responsibilities. Every time I take a train there is someone on my carriage coughing and sneezing, and this is summer.

And so each individual has to use their judgement on matters like this. The larger point being made here is that Covid has effectively been demoted to something like the common cold. And most people do not stop their life because they have a cold. At this point it is a matter of personal judgement rather than government mandate, and 2020 seems like a long time ago now.

Charlottesquare
Lemon Quarter

Postby Charlottesquare » July 17th, 2024, 1:15 pm

Lootman wrote:
bruncher wrote:What I appreciate is that people who are unwell take themselves out of circulation for a few days, to avoid spreading infection.

Not everyone has the luxury of taking themselves out of circulation. People have jobs, families, responsibilities. Every time I take a train there is someone on my carriage coughing and sneezing, and this is summer.

And so each individual has to use their judgement on matters like this. The larger point being made here is that Covid has effectively been demoted to something like the common cold. And most people do not stop their life because they have a cold. At this point it is a matter of personal judgement rather than government mandate, and 2020 seems like a long time ago now.

And employers carry a legal duty of care to their other staff and are responsible for creating a safe working environment

Ten/fifteen years ago staff regularly came in to work and infected their colleagues but these days those that are ill with something infectious are encouraged not to come into work by most sensible employers.

My other half is vulnerable, luckily now retired, but if tradesmen/contractors etc are coming in and out of my office coughing and spluttering etc, they get told not to enter/to leave, if they argue then they likely can kiss goodbye to any more work from us. (One we use regularly possibly had Covid last week- my discussions with him were outside in the car park six feet apart- think he picked up from his wife who picked up from school age son- children, like rats, seem to be spreading the current outbreaks)

Dicky99
Lemon Slice

Postby Dicky99 » July 18th, 2024, 7:36 am

bruncher wrote:

I tested positive for covid yesterday. The symptoms came on Monday evening and are milder than the average cold. I took an extra anti histamine that evening thinking it may be pollen related.

Since I had reasons to go to Savers, and out of curiosity, I bought a single test kit and tested positive. This morning symptoms are I'd say minimal such that had I not tested yesterday I'd have forgotten about it by now and put it down to hayfever or a mild summer cold.

So you may appreciate people taking themselves out of circulation but with such mild short lived symptoms, for every person like me who tests there will be (pick a number) of people who don't test because they've no idea they have it.

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”