Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Vaccine side effects poll

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool

If you have had a covid vaccine did you experience side effects

I had the Pfizer vaccine and had no side effects
14%
I had the Pfizer vaccine and had very mild side effects
10%
I had the Pfizer vaccine and had some side effects
1%
I had the Pfizer vaccine and had bad side effects
No votes
I had the AZ vaccine and had no side effects
32%
I had the AZ vaccine and had very mild side effects
27%
I had the AZ vaccine and had some side effects
13%
I had the AZ vaccine and had bad side effects
3%

Total votes: 143

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Vaccine side effects poll

Postby redsturgeon » February 28th, 2021, 7:48 am

I had the AZ vaccine yesterday, I have experienced no side effects yet but will wait at least 24 hours before declaring no side effects in the poll.

What has been your experience of having had the vaccine?

No side effects = Nada, nothing, no aching arm, zero.

Mild side effects = aching arm, slight aches elsewhere, mild sore throat or headache etc.

Some side effects, significant aches and pains, tiredness, sore throat, headache etc.

Bad side effects. Any of the above that required going to bed or medication.

Please feel free to explain your own side effects.

elkay
Lemon Slice

Re: Vaccine side effects poll

Postby elkay » February 28th, 2021, 9:00 am

I had aching arm with no other side effects - so voted no side effects.
My wife had no side effects at all.

Elkay

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » February 28th, 2021, 9:22 am

Can be hard to tell.

I felt lightheaded afterwards, but that could've been down to sitting in the sun in a less-than-congenial carpark for that post-vaccine 20 minutes while they keep an eye on me (at least until I found myself a spot in the shade). And zonked out in the afternoon, but that's also something I sometimes do. Hence, very mild side effects.

Not relevant to me, but if I'd driven there, it would've been unwise for me to drive home.

I've had greater side-effects from other vaccines in the past, up to and including symptoms as of a mild cold. Or caffeine withdrawal if I don't get my fix!

88V8
Lemon Half

Postby 88V8 » February 28th, 2021, 10:52 am

As I commented here viewtopic.php?f=98&t=27744 I was OK, other than slight soreness in the arm a day or two later. But the wife wasn't very well at all, sickness, took to bed for two days.

Unfortunately a local blabbermouth told her that the second jab is likely to be worse.
I suspect we'll be wanting another poll for the second dose.

V8

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » February 28th, 2021, 11:06 am

redsturgeon wrote:What has been your experience of having had the vaccine?

Mild side effects = aching arm, slight aches elsewhere, mild sore throat or headache etc.

Some side effects, significant aches and pains, tiredness, sore throat, headache etc.

i was OxAZed one month ago at 2.30pm. Come 8pm that Friday I retired to bed as I felt so ill. No cough, headache or pains but ill in the most general way, like with flu. I think I was running a substantial fever but had no thermometer to check myself. I was awake all night feeling deeply ill and at 6am I gave up and took Paracetamol, which made me feel immediately and wonderfully better.

I then slept for much of the following two days and nights such was my fatigue, even though my feeling of fever was gone. Then at about 6pm Sunday night the fatigue vanished and PING, I was back to normal.

All very strange. I think this suggests I might have already had COVID in the past without realising.

(Spelling and formatting edits!)

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » February 28th, 2021, 11:12 am

Mike4 wrote:
redsturgeon wrote:What has been your experience of having had the vaccine?

i was OxAZed one month ago at 2.30pm. Come 8pm that Friday I retired to bed as I felt so ill. No cough, headache or pains but ill in the most general way, like with flu. I think I was running a substantial fever but had no thermometer to check myself. I was awake all night feeling deeply ill and at 6am I gave up and took Paracetamol, which made me feel immediately and wonderfully better.

I then slept for much of the following two days and nights such was my fatigue, even though my feeling of fever was gone. Then at about 6pm Sunday night the fatigue vanished and PING, I was back to normal.

All very strange. I think this suggests I might have already had COVID in the past without realising.

(Spelling and formatting edits!)

What did you vote in the poll?

I'd say that was "bad side effects".

John

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » February 28th, 2021, 11:39 am

redsturgeon wrote:What did you vote in the poll?

I'd say that was "bad side effects".

John

I think I voted for mild as no aches, pains, cough etc.

I'll update it as I missed your bit about going to be = bad side effects.

MaraMan
Lemon Slice

Postby MaraMan » February 28th, 2021, 12:30 pm

I had the AZ vaccine on Thursday afternoon (interestingly a little before my 60th birthday). No side effects at all for 24 hours, then a very slighly sore arm; tenderness rather than ache, and now that has gone. Mrs MM had vaccine at the same time and reported zero side effects.

MM

PS - we had had a negative test a week before. Also our daughter had the Pfizer vaccine the week before and she had flu like symptoms for two days.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » February 28th, 2021, 9:09 pm

I had my second vaccination yesterday and the aftermath was the same as the first one. A slightly achy arm for 24 hours and that is it. I put "mild' side-effects but truly it was next to nothing.

Pfizer.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » March 1st, 2021, 6:08 am

Now 36 hours since my AZ injection and I can report no side effects. If I press on the injection site I can feel it but no aching otherwise or anything else.

John

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » March 4th, 2021, 9:57 pm

redsturgeon wrote:Now 36 hours since my AZ injection and I can report no side effects. If I press on the injection site I can feel it but no aching otherwise or anything else.
I'm at 24 hours but exactly the same so far John. C.

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » March 4th, 2021, 10:04 pm

Lootman wrote:I had my second vaccination yesterday and the aftermath was the same as the first one. A slightly achy arm for 24 hours and that is it. I put "mild' side-effects but truly it was next to nothing..
What's your secret? At the risk of getting far too personal you looked far too young and healthy to be enjoying your second jab already! You are not the Lootman Pfizer are you?

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » March 4th, 2021, 11:12 pm

csearle wrote:
Lootman wrote:I had my second vaccination yesterday and the aftermath was the same as the first one. A slightly achy arm for 24 hours and that is it. I put "mild' side-effects but truly it was next to nothing..

What's your secret? At the risk of getting far too personal you looked far too young and healthy to be enjoying your second jab already! You are not the Lootman Pfizer are you?

You are too kind. I had mentioned somewhere else here that I am currently in the US and, in this locality, all over 65's are eligible for vaccinations.

And the US is following the Pfizer recommendation that the second jab should follow 3 weeks after the first.

Am heading home later this month.

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » March 4th, 2021, 11:14 pm

Lootman wrote:Am heading home later this month.
Stay safe young man. :) C.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » March 5th, 2021, 10:40 am

A few days after my Pfizer, I've been suffering horrible cramp, which is not at all usual for me. Could be coincidence, or could be a side-effect. If the latter then I should upgrade from "slight" to "middling" side-effects!

Julian
Lemon Quarter

Postby Julian » March 5th, 2021, 12:21 pm

22 hours after my AZ jab and assuming the side effects don't come in waves I think I'm out on the other side now. I voted "very mild" although I probably made things worse than they needed to be by stubbornly refusing to take medication for about the first 4 hours of my side effects. Once I took meds (Aspirin + Paracetamol) my side effects were gone within a few hours.

I had no side effects at all for the first 12 hours after my first dose then at about 2:00am a gradually worsening headache came on that was distinctly annoying but I wouldn't say bad enough to be called a "splitting headache". I didn't take my temperature but I was sweating a lot in bed so I think I did have some level of fever too. I pretty much didn't sleep a wink until about 8:00am then got maybe a couple of hours of sleep and am now up and about and feeling 100% OK. Overall not too bad at all really.

Interestingly I have had no soreness whatsoever at the injection site. I sleep on my side and with all my tossing and turning in bed last night I must have spent at least half of the time lying on my arm where I had the injection and it wasn't in the slightest bit sore or even tender; it felt just the same as my other arm.

One side effect of the whole process however, one that I hope won't come back and bite me, was that my 15 to 20 minutes in the vaccination centre yesterday exposed me to the most infection risk that I've been in for at least the last 4 months; needlessly so in retrospect.

I'm not sure if others have experienced the same but at the centre I went to the person at the door was asking everyone to swap their mask for a clinic-supplied basic paper surgical mask. It was only when I put that on and went inside that I realised how good the seal is on the mask(*) that I've been using for the last 9 months or so. When wearing the paper mask, even with constant fiddling with the wire nose clip, I just could not get any sort of seal around my nose with my glasses constantly steamed up and the paper on the mask not moving at when I breathed whereas with my normal mask it inflates and deflates like a balloon with each breath. I honestly might as well have not been wearing a mask at all, and that in a crowded indoor space, which is the first time I've been in that situation since November last year (in fact maybe a lot longer than that since I've been avoiding crowded indoor spaces pretty much since the pandemic began of when unavoidable such as supermarkets I've been wearing my proper mask.

In retrospect I'm an idiot. What I should have done is asked the woman at the desk if it was OK if I double-masked and, assuming she said yes (one can never be sure of a rational answer when encountering officialdom), simply worn the useless paper mask on top of my "proper" mask. I'll try that next time.

- Julian

(*) Actually a couple of masks on rotation so that as necessary one can be getting washed and drying out while I'm actively using the other one.

absolutezero
Lemon Quarter

Postby absolutezero » March 5th, 2021, 12:38 pm

Two weeks since I had the AZN jab.
I have developed a yuk feeling. Headache. That nasty bodily aching feeling you get when ill. Lethargy. What I can only describe as 'dizziness' but the room isn't spinning.
All vital signs normal. Temp, BP, heart rate, oxygen sats.
May, of course, be nothing to do with the jab at all.
But I do recall 3 weeks being the point where sufficient antibodies are made, so after 2 weeks maybe that process gets going in earnest.
Who knows?

Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Postby Wizard » March 5th, 2021, 1:33 pm

I think the fact this poll had no "I have yet to have even the first dose of the vaccine" option and has been well contributed says a lot about the demographics of TLF :lol:

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » March 5th, 2021, 2:23 pm

Wizard wrote:I think the fact this poll had no "I have yet to have even the first dose of the vaccine" option and has been well contributed says a lot about the demographics of TLF :lol:

The other poll had "have yet to receive anything" as its most-ticked option. This one was posted just a few hours later, so I think we can take that as context.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » March 5th, 2021, 3:04 pm

absolutezero wrote:Two weeks since I had the AZN jab.
I have developed a yuk feeling. Headache. That nasty bodily aching feeling you get when ill. Lethargy. What I can only describe as 'dizziness' but the room isn't spinning.
All vital signs normal. Temp, BP, heart rate, oxygen sats.
May, of course, be nothing to do with the jab at all.

Last year my doctor was trying to persuade me to have a flu jab. I told him that the one time before that I had had a flu jab, I was as sick as a dog afterwards, and so never had one again.

He replied that when people have any kind of jab, they blame that jab for any sickness they feel in the following days and weeks, when often the two things are unrelated.

Soreness at the site seems fairly obvious. But the rest is just guesswork. At six days after my second jab, I have no symptoms or side-effects.

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”