Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Easyjet rules for flying to the UK!!

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Easyjet rules for flying to the UK!!

Postby stevensfo » April 3rd, 2021, 10:01 am

I will be flying home from Italy in a week's time and have just received a confusing email from Easyjet. I have to state that I work in the Biomedical field, have a Covid test every week, first vaccination (AZN) and take social distancing/PPE etc very seriously. Not difficult since our science park in the middle of the countryside is pretty empty - most people teleworking.

One of the requirements states:

• In addition, everyone must book and pay for a travel test package, which will include COVID-19 tests to be taken on or before day 2 and on or after day 8 of your quarantine.

But no information about what this 'travel test package' actually is!

I have looked at all the information on the gov.uk pages which doesn't seem to mention anything about a 'travel test package' or the 2-day rule:

if you’re arriving in England, travelling from any other foreign country (except Ireland), you must book COVID tests under the quarantine rules for arriving into England

Under the Test to Release scheme you can choose to pay for a private COVID-19 test. If the result is negative, you can end your quarantine.

You cannot take a test until you have been in England for 5 full days.

The scheme is voluntary and applies to those quarantining in England only

That bit sounds very reasonable and there will be no problem with booking as many Covid tests as they want, but I'm terrified of not being allowed to board the plane if I don't have this 'travel test package' that Easyjet talk about.

Does anybody know what they're on about?

Steve

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Easyjet rules for flying to the UK!!

Postby redsturgeon » April 3rd, 2021, 10:24 am

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/providers-o ... l-arrivals

The package is two PCR tests usually delivered to you separately by post to your quarantine address. Day 2 test has to be done by day 2 and the day 8 test not before day 8, your arrival day is day 0.

Prices range from £195 upwards.

You will not be able to board the flight without having booked and paid for a travel test package, but you can do it by phone from the airport. Although best to do it a few days before to be sure, some providers are difficult to reach.

John

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Re: Easyjet rules for flying to the UK!!

Postby stevensfo » April 3rd, 2021, 10:55 am

redsturgeon wrote:https://www.gov.uk/guidance/providers-of-day-2-and-day-8-coronavirus-testing-for-international-arrivals

The package is two PCR tests usually delivered to you separately by post to your quarantine address. Day 2 test has to be done by day 2 and the day 8 test not before day 8, your arrival day is day 0.

Prices range from £195 upwards.

You will not be able to board the flight without having booked and paid for a travel test package, but you can do it by phone from the airport. Although best to do it a few days before to be sure, some providers are difficult to reach.

John

Thanks a million John! I get quite nervous about these things and must have missed this bit. The prices do vary a lot!

I will probably be the most-tested and most protected person on the flight! However, I'm very aware of how a person like me can still transmit the virus without realising. I do hope I'll be allowed my gallon of hand sanitiser, bleach and portable autoclave through security. ;)

Steve

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”