Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Why are people being tested?

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Sunnypad
Lemon Slice

Re: Why are people being tested?

Postby Sunnypad » May 21st, 2021, 6:53 pm

Clariman wrote:
Sunnypad wrote:
Clariman wrote:I have had one dose of vaccination and tested positive shortly after (much to my surprise), but was completely asymptomatic. We use a lateral flow tests twice a week because there is no evidence to say vaccinated people cannot transmit the virus, so it is an additional check we do for the safety of others and also for personal reassurance.

So a follow up PCR confirmed that? I'm going to guess you don't mind me asking, as you shared the initial info.

My positive test WAS a PCR test. If I got a positive lateral flow test I would self isolate and get a PCR test to confirm or not.

Oh, I thought you meant you had a positive lateral flow because you're doing them regularly.

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » May 21st, 2021, 7:14 pm

Sunnypad wrote:Oh, I thought you meant you had a positive lateral flow because you're doing them regularly.

I only started doing the lateral flow a couple of weeks ago. One of the reasons was that my positive PCR test at the beginning of April was such a shock and I was definitely asymptomatic, so will continue to test for that reason. Also, in case my PCR was a false positive.

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » May 31st, 2021, 11:29 am

I get tested very month as I am part of the ONS survey - would have posted a link but "I'm not approved" to do so"

I'm so glad Im part of this, as this week I got a blood test result back saying I was "postive for antibodies"
This was the first test after my second jab
The two test after my first jab showed "negative for antibodies"
I felt nothing and had no after effects after either jab (AZ), so I had been wondering how effective they were - now I know

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » May 31st, 2021, 12:09 pm

pje16 wrote:I get tested very month as I am part of the ONS survey - would have posted a link but "I'm not approved" to do so"

I'm so glad Im part of this, as this week I got a blood test result back saying I was "postive for antibodies"
This was the first test after my second jab
The two test after my first jab showed "negative for antibodies"
I felt nothing and had no after effects after either jab (AZ), so I had been wondering how effective they were - now I know

What antibodies were you being tested for? Most antibody tests only identify if you've had covid. They don't pick up the vaccination antibodies.

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » May 31st, 2021, 12:26 pm

Clariman wrote:
pje16 wrote:I get tested very month as I am part of the ONS survey - would have posted a link but "I'm not approved" to do so"
What antibodies were you being tested for? Most antibody tests only identify if you've had covid. They don't pick up the vaccination antibodies.

According to the litertaure - as I'm not a doctor
"A postive antibody test means that you have been exposed to the Covid-19 virus at some stage OR have been vaccinated agianst Covid-19

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » May 31st, 2021, 1:57 pm

pje16 wrote:
Clariman wrote:

According to the litertaure - as I'm not a doctor
"A postive antibody test means that you have been exposed to the Covid-19 virus at some stage OR have been vaccinated agianst Covid-19

Interesting. The one provided by the ZOE study app only identifies direct disease antibodies.

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » May 31st, 2021, 2:06 pm

Clariman wrote:
pje16 wrote:
Clariman wrote:

Interesting. The one provided by the ZOE study app only identifies direct disease antibodies.

I'm part of that as well, and that only asks if you actually tested postive or negative and asks nothing about your blood

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”