Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

July 19th

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: July 19th

Postby redsturgeon » July 23rd, 2021, 8:20 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
redsturgeon wrote:
I am 65, double vaxxed but my antibody count is not as high as I'd like.

Out of interest John, what was your spacing between first and second vaccine?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

OxAZ 11 weeks.

John

88V8
Lemon Half

Postby 88V8 » July 24th, 2021, 6:47 pm

Waitrose today, very busy, only one unmasked customer and two ditto members of staff both of whom were youngish.
Pretty much business as usual.

V8

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » July 24th, 2021, 7:03 pm

As above, I was in a Tesco superstore yesterday and pretty much everyone had masks on
It seemed no different to all the weeks before
Seems like UK public have more sense then UK Gov :roll:

Julian
Lemon Quarter

Postby Julian » July 24th, 2021, 9:08 pm

Same here. The shops I’ve been in this week are at 100% mask-wearing. I haven’t seen anyone not wearing a mask. I haven’t been on public transport in the last few weeks so I can’t comment on that but even a month ago I wasn’t seeing as high compliance with the then-current rules as I was seeing in shops so I certainly wouldn’t be expecting to see 100% compliance on public transport after rules were relaxed on Monday however much I might wish it (at least for another few weeks).

- Julian

1nvest
Lemon Quarter

Postby 1nvest » July 24th, 2021, 10:31 pm

First Saturday nightclubs night, my two sub 30's (now back-homers due to Covid) are out to those, one half jabbed the other not jabbed. Very much suspect it will be as good as a Covid party so the next few days/weeks should be 'interesting'. I'm usually very susceptible to catching colds, if in a cinema and one distant person sneezes I more often go down with a cold shortly thereafter. Could be a issue however for my usual twice weeks visits to mum (89) in her care home but hoping to have her out/home again soon, maybe even next week (she's already had Covid that she caught after entering hospital for a few days back in January).

I wouldn't be surprised if many of the nightclubbers leave their phones at home, turn off bluetooth/wrap their phone in tin foil/whatever in order to 'avoid being pinged'. I suspect that many might also get more drunk than usual. Repeated across perhaps 50,000 places around the UK, 100 average occupants, 5 million possible contractions in a single night, and passed on to another 5 million+ parents/family within a few days. Swamped hospitals perhaps for all of August, broad herd immunity by September ... just in time for the flu season.

There again many of the sub-30's didn't really distance/lockdown anyway, so maybe a large majority might have already had it and be less prone to contraction.

A interesting lab-rats experiment, broad jabbing to assess the mid/longer term risks of the jabs across a large sample count and other general/broader experiments.

Sorcery
Lemon Quarter

Postby Sorcery » July 24th, 2021, 11:39 pm

1nvest wrote:First Saturday nightclubs night, my two sub 30's (now back-homers due to Covid) are out to those, one half jabbed the other not jabbed. Very much suspect it will be as good as a Covid party so the next few days/weeks should be 'interesting'. I'm usually very susceptible to catching colds, if in a cinema and one distant person sneezes I more often go down with a cold shortly thereafter. Could be a issue however for my usual twice weeks visits to mum (89) in her care home but hoping to have her out/home again soon, maybe even next week (she's already had Covid that she caught after entering hospital for a few days back in January).

I wouldn't be surprised if many of the nightclubbers leave their phones at home, turn off bluetooth/wrap their phone in tin foil/whatever in order to 'avoid being pinged'. I suspect that many might also get more drunk than usual. Repeated across perhaps 50,000 places around the UK, 100 average occupants, 5 million possible contractions in a single night, and passed on to another 5 million+ parents/family within a few days. Swamped hospitals perhaps for all of August, broad herd immunity by September ... just in time for the flu season.

There again many of the sub-30's didn't really distance/lockdown anyway, so maybe a large majority might have already had it and be less prone to contraction.

A interesting lab-rats experiment, broad jabbing to assess the mid/longer term risks of the jabs across a large sample count and other general/broader experiments.

You might be right about turning off the ping function, however I don't remember the last time I saw a sub 25 without their phone. How else do they stay in touch across the dance floor, get the number of their partner when getting lucky ....

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”