Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Things you never knew about Covid and streetlights

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
zico
Lemon Quarter

Things you never knew about Covid and streetlights

Postby zico » July 25th, 2021, 10:27 pm

Some fascinating er "highlights" from yesterday's anti-vax festival of fruitcakes at Trafalgar Square/

Covid vaccines are satanic because they have the pattern "060606".
There is no evidence for a pandemic.
"Masks are subjugation tools used by the freemasons. Within 10 minutes of wearing it is full of a bacteria that causes pneumonia"
"5G is a direct energy weapon" and vaccine injections contain a conduit with an antenna that transmits and receives.
SAGE is a terrorist organisation.
"The street light outside your house is the biggest risk to everyone". "Microcells on them are biologically toxic to life which is why insects don't fly around them".

Gateshead council have responded.
"We DO NOT use 5G tech in our streetlights. They will not give you cancer, or induce miscarriages in pregnant woman, or cause insomnia, or nosebleeds and they are not killing all the birds and insects."

Mike4
Lemon Half

Re: Things you never knew about Covid and streetlights

Postby Mike4 » July 25th, 2021, 10:59 pm

I notice Gateshead Council did not contradict the assertion that Covid vaccines are satanic because they have the pattern "060606".

So it's obviously true then.

I KNEW it all along....

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » July 25th, 2021, 11:46 pm

Pick a cause you support. Any cause. Hmm, for a thought experiment, why not take a historic cause (like the abolition of slavery) with which we all now agree?

You'll find nutcases among the supporters of your cause. Some of them will say utterly nonsensical things.

Does that discredit your cause? Or does it rather play into the hands of those who would ridicule it?

Stonge
Lemon Slice

Postby Stonge » July 25th, 2021, 11:58 pm

UncleEbenezer wrote:Pick a cause you support. Any cause. Hmm, for a thought experiment, why not take a historic cause (like the abolition of slavery) with which we all now agree?

You'll find nutcases among the supporters of your cause. Some of them will say utterly nonsensical things.

Does that discredit your cause? Or does it rather play into the hands of those who would ridicule it?

Say what you mean?

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » July 26th, 2021, 12:16 am

Stonge wrote:
UncleEbenezer wrote:Pick a cause you support. Any cause. Hmm, for a thought experiment, why not take a historic cause (like the abolition of slavery) with which we all now agree?

Say what you mean?

Erm, why not do so yourself?

The OP has posted some nonsensical quotes attributed to supporters of a cause[1]. He appears to be spinning the nonsensical suggestion that they are somehow representative of that cause, which would indeed tend to discredit it.

[1] Reading it again, I see the cause is "anti-vax", which is indeed somewhere on the loony fringe (at least until you look at the government's recent coercive suggestions relating to vaccine passports). I may have read it as something different and more mainstream when I posted.

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » July 26th, 2021, 2:21 am

Mike4 wrote:I notice Gateshead Council did not contradict the assertion that Covid vaccines are satanic because they have the pattern "060606".

I KNEW it all along....

It has been reported previously on the intertubes that the chip in the vaccine shares the schematic of the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
- beloved of "death metal" and "swedish chainsaw" chuggers (and actually really well utilised by Simon Neil of Biffy Clyro)
- stands to reason it would have a Satanic bent?!

https://mixdownmag.com.au/news/conspiracy-theorists-mistake-schematics-of-boss-mt-2-for-5g-chip-in-covid-19-vaccine/

-sd

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » July 26th, 2021, 8:44 am

Stonge wrote:

Say what you mean?

It looks a straightforward statement to me. I can only assume he did say what he meant. Any reason to think otherwise?

Midsmartin
Lemon Slice

Postby Midsmartin » July 26th, 2021, 9:40 am

Streetlights are genuine hazards, particularly modern led ones that emit light at more wavelengths than the old sodium ones. They can disrupt activity in insects that fly in the dark, and probably other creatures too. Light pollution is a bad thing.

There seems to be some real published evidence that radio emissions actually may harm insects by heating them up slightly with the dielectric effect, which could disrupt their behaviour.
I'm not qualified to judge if this is a real danger, or bad science. Perhaps it is far too weak to be hazardous outside the lab. Or do we run the risk of ignoring real science because it sounds a bit like a conspiracy?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34047144/

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » July 26th, 2021, 10:07 am

Midsmartin wrote:Streetlights are genuine hazards

I totally agree.

In a bike race with my mate when I was about nine, I rode straight into one and injured myself quite badly.

Julian
Lemon Quarter

Postby Julian » July 26th, 2021, 10:27 am

servodude wrote:
Mike4 wrote:I notice Gateshead Council did not contradict the assertion that Covid vaccines are satanic because they have the pattern "060606".

I KNEW it all along....

It has been reported previously on the intertubes that the chip in the vaccine shares the schematic of the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
- beloved of "death metal" and "swedish chainsaw" chuggers (and actually really well utilised by Simon Neil of Biffy Clyro)

https://mixdownmag.com.au/news/conspiracy-theorists-mistake-schematics-of-boss-mt-2-for-5g-chip-in-covid-19-vaccine/

-sd

I actually find a couple of the anti-vaxer theories quite compelling and really wish they were true. One of those is the includes-Boss-MT-2-circuitry nonsense since I believe that circuitry includes a level (volume) pot. I know quite a few people where having a volume control for them would be a blessing and it would be a lot of fun playing with their eq and distortion settings as well. The other theory that appeals is oh how I wish that my vaccine did turn me into a 5G antenna. I'd get better phone reception, faster download speeds, probably bettery battery life on my phone, plus all the extra calories that my body would be burning to power the circuitry would mean that I could drink a lot more beer every day and never get fat. What's not to like?

- Julian

Julian
Lemon Quarter

Postby Julian » July 26th, 2021, 10:35 am

Mike4 wrote:
Midsmartin wrote:Streetlights are genuine hazards

I totally agree.

In a bike race with my mate when I was about nine, I rode straight into one and injured myself quite badly.

When I was 17 I went out and got blind drunk with a few friends after we'd finished A-levels. Walking back from the pub there was a police car parked up and, being under-age and very drunk, I decided to concentrate very hard on walking in a straight line and not appearing drunk while trying to keep sight of the police out of the corner of my eye to see if I was attracting their attention. Unfortunately all of that was slightly too much to process at the same time so I ended up walking straight into a streetlight. I don't think the police were ever paying the slightest bit of attention to us anyway. Curiously I still have a certain fondness for that particular streetlight.

- Julian

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » July 26th, 2021, 11:01 am

Julian wrote:
servodude wrote:

I KNEW it all along....

-sd

I actually find a couple of the anti-vaxer theories quite compelling and really wish they were true. One of those is the includes-Boss-MT-2-circuitry nonsense since I believe that circuitry includes a level (volume) pot. I know quite a few people where having a volume control for them would be a blessing and it would be a lot of fun playing with their eq and distortion settings as well. The other theory that appeals is oh how I wish that my vaccine did turn me into a 5G antenna. I'd get better phone reception, faster download speeds, probably bettery battery life on my phone, plus all the extra calories that my body would be burning to power the circuitry would mean that I could drink a lot more beer every day and never get fat. What's not to like?

- Julian

Agree with all of this, in particular the need for a volume control on some people.

The thing that really shows up these 5g-chip-in-the-vaccine theories as rubbish though, is the battery. I'm pretty sure the PP3 normally used to power up these pedal circuits would not fit through that tineee syringe needle they use to inject the vaccine.

gryffron
Lemon Quarter

Postby gryffron » July 26th, 2021, 5:16 pm

servodude wrote:- stands to reason it would have a Satanic bent?!

Crikey. So Satan is on 5G whilst the other side are still pedalling printed paper books. No wonder he's winning.

:lol:

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » July 26th, 2021, 5:36 pm

servodude wrote:

I KNEW it all along....

-sd

Shocking

Should have been the Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer

(If you like that sort of thing, this is a great site. No MT2 sadly. https://www.electrosmash.com/boss-ds1-analysis)

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » July 27th, 2021, 12:56 am

AleisterCrowley wrote:
servodude wrote:

I KNEW it all along....

-sd

Shocking

Should have been the Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer

(If you like that sort of thing, this is a great site. No MT2 sadly. https://www.electrosmash.com/boss-ds1-analysis)

TS808 is a deserved classic but it isn't quite as nasty or frightening to be injected with though is it?
- the Big Muff probably would have been my choice

Electrosmash is a great site... I've been thinking about having a go at the pedal pi https://www.electrosmash.com/pedal-pi
- might need to convince the younger kid that she should get involved (I don't really need any more noise making toys)

- sd
(and if you like the TS808 - get a plumes https://www.earthquakerdevices.com/blog-posts/plumes-overdrive it's unbelievably good)

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » July 27th, 2021, 10:49 am

I want to have a go at an MXR Phase 90 clone (EVH style) but I'm a long way from my 'workshop' these days, and the FETs are difficult to get
Down here I just have a Korg AXG multi effects, which hasn't been used for years as I just play my electrics acoustically. I need to get a decent amp with headphone socket - for the sake of the neighbours

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » July 27th, 2021, 11:54 am

AleisterCrowley wrote:I want to have a go at an MXR Phase 90 clone (EVH style) but I'm a long way from my 'workshop' these days, and the FETs are difficult to get
Down here I just have a Korg AXG multi effects, which hasn't been used for years as I just play my electrics acoustically. I need to get a decent amp with headphone socket - for the sake of the neighbours

The Phase 90 is a really chewy good fun sound - and not just EVH you can get some awesome disco/70s shimmer from it ;)

It's a good time for headphone guitar stuff, or "quiet stage" gear these days
I'd written it off as a novelty a couple of decades ago (or whenever the pod came out , and the scholtz Rockman before that) but it's come on heaps
My younger daughter has shown an interest in this stuff at school and this house ain't big enough for the both of us to crank it so I've been putting together bits of kit that make playing/recording/looping easy and quiet... but still sounding awesome (the sound mind... not necessarily the music!)

-sd

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » July 27th, 2021, 12:16 pm

Moderator Message:
Guys...I think we have wandered too far off topic. Feel free to continue on the Music board but no more here please.

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » July 27th, 2021, 1:13 pm

I'm not entirely sure what the topic was - but noted :)

Stonge
Lemon Slice

Postby Stonge » August 21st, 2021, 3:05 pm

I've just been listening to Black Cherry - Goldfrapp

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”