Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

This is not over - a plea

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: This is not over - a plea

Postby Itsallaguess » August 6th, 2021, 6:46 pm

swill453 wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:
I've just realised that I'm starting to think the same thing about us defeating Polio...

Nah, sugar lumps rather than needles. Easy...

You'd think so, wouldn't you, but nowadays, maybe not so much....

I wILL nOt lEt thE GUbbErmInt tUrn mE IntO A dIAbEtIc agAInSt my frEE wILL !!

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » August 6th, 2021, 7:41 pm

Frankly I have as much freedom as I need and have never felt particularly restricted. I can quite see what people are saying but I think the restrictions are more the mind than in practice. I have other things to be concerned about that are more important than Sunnypad's concerns.

Dod

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » August 6th, 2021, 7:47 pm

Dod101 wrote:Frankly I have as much freedom as I need and have never felt particularly restricted.

I was trying to think today whether there is anything I cannot do which I was able to do pre-Covid. And I can do everything that I want to do. So from my perspective we have 100% rolled back restrictions.

OK, travel is more of a hassle. But I can still do it and now, with my vax card, I do not need to self-quarantine when returning from the places I want to go.

So, declare victory?

anon155742
Lemon Slice

Postby anon155742 » August 6th, 2021, 11:42 pm

Just ignore the rules. That is the best way.

I went for lunch today and they asked me to scan in. I said no thank you. The servers are not being paid enough to care, so no one in my group scanned it.

The government will likely cock it up and half the population will not comply.

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Postby GoSeigen » August 7th, 2021, 7:09 am

Sunnypad wrote:=Also, masked men when you're late home on public transport...not their fault of course...but horrible, especially if you're the only woman in the carriage. Thanks to all who don't wear them. I have a legal "excuse" but I really appreciate the refusers.

Rapists don't wear masks... okay. So there was no rape before COVID? I think I'm getting the gist of the thread now...

GS

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » August 7th, 2021, 7:16 am

anon155742 wrote:I went for lunch today and they asked me to scan in. I said no thank you. The servers are not being paid enough to care, so no one in my group scanned it.

Scanning in became voluntary on July 19th and I have not done it since. They should not be asking you to.

Sunnypad
Lemon Slice

Postby Sunnypad » August 7th, 2021, 10:07 am

GoSeigen wrote:
Sunnypad wrote:=Also, masked men when you're late home on public transport...not their fault of course...but horrible, especially if you're the only woman in the carriage. Thanks to all who don't wear them. I have a legal "excuse" but I really appreciate the refusers.

Rapists don't wear masks... okay. So there was no rape before COVID? I think I'm getting the gist of the thread now...

GS

Where did I say that?

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Postby scotia » August 7th, 2021, 10:52 am

swill453 wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:I've just realised that I'm starting to think the same thing about us defeating Polio...

Nah, sugar lumps rather than needles. Easy...

Scott.

That shows you're a youngster. My generation got a Salk vaccine polio jab - starting in 1955. The Sabin vaccine on sugar lumps came later (post 1960?). And when we went to University, at the start of every academic year we had to undergo a chest X-Ray - to avoid the spread of TB. And the X-Rays were carried out in the mobile units which gave you a fair whack of radiation to get a good photographic picture. None of the sensitive image processing we use now.
So I have no sympathy for the non-vaxers (without good medical reason) who feel they should not be shut out of communal activities.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » August 7th, 2021, 10:54 am

Sunnypad wrote:Masks to protect the vulnerable? I AM vulnerable. My health prevents mask wearing but that's okay, because it does almost nothing. If anyone remembers evidence based medicine

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/masking-l ... -politics/

"evidence based medicine"? Just a couple of quick points from me on your reference:

Masking lack of evidence with politics
July 23, 2020

Tom Jefferson, Carl Heneghan

1. July, 2020

2. Carl Heneghan - Oh dear!

Sunnypad wrote:Also, masked men when you're late home on public transport...not their fault of course...but horrible, especially if you're the only woman in the carriage. Thanks to all who don't wear them. I have a legal "excuse" but I really appreciate the refusers.

Could you be thinking of this the wrong way?

Masked men: Men who adhere to social rules; men who are likely thinking of their effect on others; men effected by what others think
Unmasked men: Who knows?

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”