Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

274 million

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
monabri
Lemon Half

274 million

Postby monabri » September 8th, 2021, 6:23 pm

The number of Covid19 tests carried out in the UK.

(Gov.uk data).

1nvest
Lemon Quarter

Re: 274 million

Postby 1nvest » September 8th, 2021, 6:50 pm

Each year around 600,000 people in the UK die, around 1650/day. Many will have had a Covid test in the prior 28 days to death. Apparently around 7% of those are positive tests i.e. 120/day reported daily as having died within 28 days of having had a positive Covid test.

Recent months/years deaths are only slightly above average, that could be attributed to the vaccines that are far from as safe as suggested, especially for the younger. The government is providing no-liability sale of drugs by pharmaceuticals to great financial reward for those companies with no recourse if individuals die or are severely impeded by the vaccines/drugs.

Such are the back-handers that the government is even prepared to pretty much enforce individuals into having to take on the risks from vaccines. Scientific evidence has even suggested that those who are vaccinated are more inclined to contract and expose others to Covid than those who are non-vaccinated.

Johnson and co. know no lows.

stewamax
Lemon Quarter

Postby stewamax » September 8th, 2021, 7:25 pm

1nvest wrote:Scientific evidence has even suggested that those who are vaccinated are more inclined to contract and expose others to Covid than those who are non-vaccinated.

So vaccination is pointless [unless of course it concomitantly reduces the incidence of serious COVID with hospitalisation or long COVID or both]
Kindly provide a link to this scientific evidence.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » September 8th, 2021, 8:46 pm

I wondered what was happening with all that medical waste? Is it being disposed of correctly or put in a bin and off to landfill?

But 274million tests on a population of 66million!

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » September 8th, 2021, 8:49 pm

stewamax wrote:
1nvest wrote:Scientific evidence has even suggested that those who are vaccinated are more inclined to contract and expose others to Covid than those who are non-vaccinated.

So vaccination is pointless [unless of course it concomitantly reduces the incidence of serious COVID with hospitalisation or long COVID or both]

I think the idea is more like the idea that people who wear seatbelts or crash helmets take more risks as a result, and therefore end up being no safer.

monabri wrote:But 274 million tests on a population of 66 million!

That is less than 5 tests per person. I have had 6.

1nvest
Lemon Quarter

Postby 1nvest » September 9th, 2021, 11:05 am

Lootman wrote:I think the idea is more like the idea that people who wear seatbelts or crash helmets take more risks as a result, and therefore end up being no safer

No. The risk of the vaccine for younger individuals is greater than the risk from contracting Covid whilst unvaccinated. More like a seatbelt made of barbed wire.

Some scientific evidence suggests that those vaccinated are more inclined to contract Covid, albeit relatively more safely, whilst being more prone to transmitting it. Perhaps some nightclubs should exclude those having a Covid passport.

If the vaccines protect the very small percentage that could otherwise develop critical/fatal conditions, for the majority is a relatively mild thing, then broad vaccinations protect relatively few, while the vaccine itself isn't risk free. Much of the adverse effects from vaccines is suppressed, perhaps as £30/individual x 8 billion is a massive incentive to have as many subjected to vaccination.

The government are clearly liars, as all too emphasised by recent events. It selects the scientific evidence that often conflicts according to whichever best matches its desires/objectives, whilst also clearly being biased by personal financial incentives.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » September 9th, 2021, 11:13 am

Lootman wrote:
stewamax wrote:

I think the idea is more like the idea that people who wear seatbelts or crash helmets take more risks as a result, and therefore end up being no safer.

I have had one a day for the last ten days as has my daughter and Mrs RS

John

1nvest
Lemon Quarter

Postby 1nvest » September 9th, 2021, 11:17 am

Lootman wrote:

I've had 30+ (as required by each care home visit x 3 visits/week). I thought the general suggestion was two tests/week each. On recent discharge we were casually provided with 28 test units (four packs of 7 tests). When I went into a local chemist they offered further packs (that I declined due to not being needed/in having some already).

My 89 year old mother has already had Covid, caught it within days of entering hospital for a fall/hip op back in January/February (very very mild symptoms). My unvaccinated son caught Covid some weeks back and had more of a cold like experience. My other fully (Pfizer) vaccinated son and myself (Oxford) despite close quarters and no in-house restrictions didn't contract his Covid.

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » September 9th, 2021, 11:26 am

Of the £37 billion budget over 2 years for Test & Trace, the bulk of the money that's been spent so far has been on testing. Contact tracing has used up less than £1 billion so far.

(As stated on R4 More Or Less yesterday).

Scott.

Lanark
Lemon Quarter

Postby Lanark » September 9th, 2021, 11:54 am

1nvest wrote:
Lootman wrote:I think the idea is more like the idea that people who wear seatbelts or crash helmets take more risks as a result, and therefore end up being no safer

No. The risk of the vaccine for younger individuals is greater than the risk from contracting Covid whilst unvaccinated. More like a seatbelt made of barbed wire.

Not quite, it is greater than the risks of death or serious illness from Covid but even then looking at the risks for one person misses out the larger population effects.
Some 99.995% of the 469,982 children in England who were infected during the year examined by researchers survived
https://www.wsj.com/articles/in-childre ... 1625785260

So the risk of teenagers contracting covid when unvaccinated is around 50%
the risk of teenagers contracting covid when vaccinated is around 3% (vaccine escape)

Risk of death from covid if infected = 0.005%
Lets say the risk of complications from the vaccine is somewhere around 0.01 %

So what you have to balance is lowering the risk of infection/reduced days when infectious, during which junior may pass a lethal illness to their parents or grandparents (or other people) vs the benefit of lowering their own risk by 0.005%

1nvest
Lemon Quarter

Postby 1nvest » September 9th, 2021, 12:03 pm

Lanark wrote:So what you have to balance is lowering the risk of infection/reduced days when infectious, during which junior may pass a lethal illness to their parents or grandparents (or other people) vs the benefit of lowering their own risk by 0.005%

But if the viral loads are the same in junior whether they had been vaccinated or not, then grandma still bears the same risk. If unvaccinated junior stays at home however, away from grandma due to having a 'cold' that could be Covid, whereas vaccinated and infected junior expresses no symptoms and goes off to give grandma a big hug!!!

gryffron
Lemon Quarter

Postby gryffron » September 9th, 2021, 12:20 pm

Lanark wrote:Risk of death from covid if infected = 0.005%
Lets say the risk of complications from the vaccine is somewhere around 0.01 %

As happened in the Cornavirus discussion on the same subject. You are comparing risk of death, to risk of (often very minor) "complications". This comparison is nonsense.

Gryff

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » September 9th, 2021, 12:38 pm

1nvest wrote:
Lootman wrote:

I thought the general suggestion was two tests/week each.

I never heard that. There are many people who have never had a test, because they had no reason to. And if they have no cause then they should not be tested as the tests should focus on those who need it.

SteMiS
Lemon Quarter

Postby SteMiS » September 9th, 2021, 12:45 pm

Lootman wrote:
1nvest wrote:
Lootman wrote:That is less than 5 tests per person. I have had 6.

I thought the general suggestion was two tests/week each.

I never heard that. There are many people who have never had a test, because they had no reason to. And if they have no cause then they should not be tested as the tests should focus on those who need it.

I've never had a covid test

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » September 9th, 2021, 2:34 pm

SteMiS wrote:
Lootman wrote:
1nvest wrote: I thought the general suggestion was two tests/week each.

Me neither, nor Mrs m. That's why I was surprised at the number of tests carried out.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » September 9th, 2021, 2:56 pm

monabri wrote:
SteMiS wrote:
Lootman wrote:I never heard that. There are many people who have never had a test, because they had no reason to. And if they have no cause then they should not be tested as the tests should focus on those who need it.

Me neither, nor Mrs m. That's why I was surprised at the number of tests carried out.

We have had 30 tests in the last ten days in my household.

John

BigB
Lemon Slice

Postby BigB » September 9th, 2021, 3:03 pm

monabri wrote:The number of Covid19 tests carried out in the UK.

(Gov.uk data).

Does that include lateral flow tests - we use them liberally in this house, literally more LFTs than hot dinners over the last 3 months.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » September 9th, 2021, 3:08 pm

BigB wrote:

(Gov.uk data).

Does that include lateral flow tests - we use them liberally in this house, literally more LFTs than hot dinners over the last 3 months.

From the government website

Virus tests conducted
Number of confirmed positive, negative or void COVID-19 virus test results. This is a count of test results and may include multiple tests for an individual person. Virus tests test for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 virus and include all pillar 1 and 2 tests and any virus tests undertaken in pillar 4. Virus tests include PCR tests conducted in laboratories and rapid lateral flow tests that give results in less than an hour, without needing to go to a laboratory

BigB
Lemon Slice

Postby BigB » September 9th, 2021, 3:14 pm

redsturgeon wrote:
BigB wrote:

(Gov.uk data).

From the government website

Virus tests conducted
Number of confirmed positive, negative or void COVID-19 virus test results. This is a count of test results and may include multiple tests for an individual person. Virus tests test for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 virus and include all pillar 1 and 2 tests and any virus tests undertaken in pillar 4. Virus tests include PCR tests conducted in laboratories and rapid lateral flow tests that give results in less than an hour, without needing to go to a laboratory

I'm guessing it is based on reported LFTs +PCRs then, as opposed to distributed LFTs + PCRs. Most of our LFTs are unreported. If so, the figure would be somewhat higher than 274 million.

1nvest
Lemon Quarter

Postby 1nvest » September 9th, 2021, 4:23 pm

I know of some who have had positive lateral flow tests but haven't reported such, largely due to only some being financially assisted (£2.5K/month) but not others.

Not paying peanuts ... but still a bunch of chimps is seemingly Banksy's view of the UK

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”