Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Italy - personal experience

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
zico
Lemon Quarter

Italy - personal experience

Postby zico » October 20th, 2021, 9:31 pm

Having stayed at 2 resorts in northwest Italy (Med and lake Maggiore) it's very different to France. Nobody checked or even asked about our vaccination status. Everyone wore masks in supermarkets, about 50% of people wore masks moving around inside hotels, and in restaurants we only saw one customer wearing a mask when moving around in the restaurant. In some restaurants, no staff wear masks. It's very common for adults of all ages to have a mask dangling around their necks when outside, even amongst the cool and trendy hipsters.

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Re: Italy - personal experience

Postby stevensfo » October 21st, 2021, 1:40 pm

zico wrote:Having stayed at 2 resorts in northwest Italy (Med and lake Maggiore) it's very different to France. Nobody checked or even asked about our vaccination status. Everyone wore masks in supermarkets, about 50% of people wore masks moving around inside hotels, and in restaurants we only saw one customer wearing a mask when moving around in the restaurant. In some restaurants, no staff wear masks. It's very common for adults of all ages to have a mask dangling around their necks when outside, even amongst the cool and trendy hipsters.

I have to say I'm surprised. I work close to the east side of Maggiore (not so touristy) and they are usually quite strict about wearing masks when moving about inside restaurants. All staff wear masks. We don't have to wear them when walking outside, though in any case, we're always a safe distance from each other. To go to work, I have to show the green pass and have a mask, though I joke that it's a 'blue pass' since I got my jabs in the UK and the NHS logo is blue.

I'm supposed to visit the UK in 10 days and I'm starting to have second thoughts. The numbers are quite terrifying compared to other countries, and I'm wondering if they'll allow me back into Italy! 8-)

Steve

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”