Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Re-using unused short-stay inbound tourist Covid tests ?

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
mike
Lemon Slice

Re-using unused short-stay inbound tourist Covid tests ?

Postby mike » November 12th, 2021, 8:37 pm

Difficult to know how to phrase the subject line, or whether to put this here or DAK.

I have two friends coming to London from France on a Friday in December, and they will be leaving the UK on the Sunday, so leaving on Day 2. I will have purchased two Day-2 tests for them and given them the reference numbers for their passenger locator forms.

I believe as they will have left the UK before the limit to test, they do not need to use the tests.

I shall be making a trip to France for New Year, and returning from France in January.

Question: Can I use the reference number for one of the unused tests from December for my PLF in January ?

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Re-using unused short-stay inbound tourist Covid tests ?

Postby redsturgeon » November 13th, 2021, 7:09 am

No, you can't use them again. The numbers will have been assigned to your friends and invalid once they have used them to enter the country, whether they use the tests or not.

It would be illegal for use to try to reuse the number yourself.

John

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » November 13th, 2021, 8:48 am

redsturgeon wrote:No, you can't use them again. The numbers will have been assigned to your friends and invalid once they have used them to enter the country, whether they use the tests or not.

That is my understanding as well. However what short-stay visitors to the UK can do is take a Day Two test for arrival purposes and then use that same test result for the exit requirements for another country such as, say, the US which requires a negative test taken within 72 hours of departing to the US.

So an American visiting the UK for 4 days could, with careful timing, take just one test rather than two.

Being careful which test since the US won't accept a lateral flow test but the UK will.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » November 13th, 2021, 9:06 am

Lootman wrote:
redsturgeon wrote:No, you can't use them again. The numbers will have been assigned to your friends and invalid once they have used them to enter the country, whether they use the tests or not.

That is my understanding as well. However what short-stay visitors to the UK can do is take a Day Two test for arrival purposes and then use that same test result for the exit requirements for another country such as, say, the US which requires a negative test taken within 72 hours of departing to the US.

So an American visiting the UK for 4 days could, with careful timing, take just one test rather than two.

That is correct and we do many of these for short term visitors. Many of the more basic providers will not do this though.

John

mike
Lemon Slice

Postby mike » November 13th, 2021, 9:16 am

John

Thanks. Understandable if disappointing.

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”