Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Travel to Spain from England

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
BenValue

Travel to Spain from England

Postby BenValue » December 8th, 2021, 9:17 pm

An acquaintance of mine who is unvaccinated wants to visit Spain for Christmas. Spain are not currently letting unvaccinated British into Spain. However what is to stop him flying to Gibraltar and then crossing the boarder to Spain?

servodude
Lemon Half

Re: Travel to Spain from England

Postby servodude » December 8th, 2021, 9:48 pm

BenValue wrote:An acquaintance of mine who is unvaccinated wants to visit Spain for Christmas. Spain are not currently letting unvaccinated British into Spain. However what is to stop him flying to Gibraltar and then crossing the boarder to Spain?

Quick scan of the intertubes shows he should be OK at present with test results
That could change at any time though given the present omicron hoohaa

What's to stop him getting vaccinated?
- sd

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » December 9th, 2021, 9:53 am

servodude wrote:
BenValue wrote:An acquaintance of mine who is unvaccinated wants to visit Spain for Christmas. Spain are not currently letting unvaccinated British into Spain. However what is to stop him flying to Gibraltar and then crossing the boarder to Spain?

- sd

Unlikely to be able to get double vaxxed between now and Xmas!

John

BenValue

Postby BenValue » December 9th, 2021, 10:02 am

Thank you for your helpful reply.

He has recently decided to have the jabs but he won’t be in time to get to Spain by Christmas.

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » December 9th, 2021, 10:10 am

redsturgeon wrote:
servodude wrote:

- sd

Unlikely to be able to get double vaxxed between now and Xmas!

John

Ah sh*te, I literally didn't realize that (or that being double vaxed was the requirement for requirements)
- means I've got to get some shopping done (never feels like Xmas round here until the very last minute given the weather - and the bloody covid stuff)

-sd

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » December 9th, 2021, 11:40 am

I have no idea if that could be done or not but he should not be travelling to Spain unvaccinated. He should be respecting their rules just as we expect the Spanish and others to respect ours. What's up with people?

Dods

MaraMan
Lemon Slice

Postby MaraMan » December 9th, 2021, 3:05 pm

Doesn't the spanish passenger locator form ask questions about your home address etc etc. Do they not check this at the Gib border? I haven't been there for a while but they checked passports when going over the border I thought.
MM

niord
Lemon Pip

Postby niord » December 9th, 2021, 3:58 pm

Just arrived in Spain although not via Gib and the Spanish locator form requires the nhs vaccination status to be uploaded. At the entry point, the heath inspection wanted to see evidence of the vaccination status by seeing my NHS covid pass.

I imagine a uk citizen going into Spain from Gib will have to provide the same information.

BenValue

Postby BenValue » December 9th, 2021, 4:12 pm

niord wrote:Just arrived in Spain although not via Gib and the Spanish locator form requires the nhs vaccination status to be uploaded. At the entry point, the heath inspection wanted to see evidence of the vaccination status by seeing my NHS covid pass.

I imagine a uk citizen going into Spain from Gib will have to provide the same information.

I know that local expats do day trips to Morrisons in Gib to smuggle in decent sausages. I have a feeling that the Spanish authorities don’t take too much interest in cars going backwards and forwards over the boarder but I could be wrong.

Lemon Quarter

Postby 9873210 » December 9th, 2021, 10:44 pm

The degree of interest the Spanish authorities take is subject to change without notice.

Personally, I would also consider whether Gib or the UK will allow entry sans vaccination. These are also subject to change without notice.

Julian
Lemon Quarter

Postby Julian » December 10th, 2021, 1:15 am

9873210 wrote:The degree of interest the Spanish authorities take is subject to change without notice.

Personally, I would also consider whether Gib or the UK will allow entry sans vaccination. These are also subject to change without notice.

Plus what limits on your freedom there might be by the time you get there? Spain seems to be doing restrictions by region e.g. Andalusia or Valencia and right now as far as I can see the restrictions are fairly benign but compare that with Italy or France. Until recently in Italy all access to bars, restaurants and other public spaces has been limited to only the doubly vax-ed or those that could prove a negative test in the last 72 hours but now that negative test condition has been revoked, you need to be doubly faxed or there is no entry, and France now requires you to be doubly vax-ed or have a negative test within the last 24 hours so someone not doubly vax-ed needs to get a test every day to access public spaces assuming they want to do that on a daily basis. I have some friends who have cancelled Christmas breaks to both Italy and France due to this, not because they are not fully vaccinated (they each have 2 doses plus a booster) but because their 15 year old son only has one dose due to the late decision in the UK re vaccinating the under 18s and then the initial one-dose-only policy only recently revised so their son can’t be doubly vaxed until 22nd January next year.

- Julian

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”