Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

covid19 passport via nhs app

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

covid19 passport via nhs app

Postby jackdaww » December 10th, 2021, 5:01 pm

we live in wales and plan to attend events in birmingham .

i think this means having proof of vaccination.

we have the nhs cards issued after the jabs but do not know if these would be accepted.

i went through the nhs app application procedure with a bit of struggle.

the coup de grace is a photo id requirement .

i sent my - rather poor - passport photo ( and a short video of myself reciting numbers ) .

they have come back to me rejecting the photo as inadequate.

i cant see me being able to improve on it .

has anyone any experience of this ?

thanks

JD

Lootman
The full Lemon

Re: covid19 passport via nhs app

Postby Lootman » December 10th, 2021, 5:06 pm

I successfully set up my NHS app a few months ago, along with the painful verification steps that you cited. Maybe I was lucky as it worked, but I can easily see how one might not be successful in negotiating all the hurdles.

That said I have successfully used my physical vaccination card as proof of vaccination, and I would think that everywhere has to accept a physical card as proof since some people do not have smart phones.

I also have a photo of my vaccination card on my phone, which is handy as you do not need wifi or a signal to show that to someone, which has proven useful as well.

Lemon Quarter

Postby 9873210 » December 10th, 2021, 6:34 pm

Lootman wrote:I would think that everywhere has to accept a physical card as proof since some people do not have smart phones.

Such touching faith in bureaucracy. You not only believe that they want to do the right thing, but also that they are able to do the right thing.

There is always a cost to being different (not wanting a new smart phone) or poor (not being able to afford a new smart phone). The Procrustean bed is relentless.

Urbandreamer
Lemon Quarter

Postby Urbandreamer » December 10th, 2021, 6:42 pm

I didn't need a photo.

I did need my NHS number and am registered with a GP surgery who have my mobile phone number which was used to authenticate that I am who I said I was.

The app also didn't work at all well that night, but I suspect that the news was the reason. It worked perfectly well the following morning.

As for the smartphone thing. While I hear and agree with what you say Lootman, the OP could not use the "app" in the first place if they didn't have one. Hence that requirement is something that they have no problem with.

You can get a paper copy, which expires and may not be as widely accepted. Logically the cards "should" be accepted, but officially you need to get a "covid passport" document. It's a simple phone call (no doubt with a long wait) to get one.

Stompa
Lemon Slice

Postby Stompa » December 10th, 2021, 7:06 pm

The domestic Covid Passport for events doesn't require you to go through the full ID verification palaver. That's only required for the Covid Passport for overseas travel.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » December 10th, 2021, 11:52 pm

Urbandreamer wrote:You can get a paper copy, which expires and may not be as widely accepted. Logically the cards "should" be accepted, but officially you need to get a "covid passport" document. It's a simple phone call (no doubt with a long wait) to get one.

Folks in England can request one online: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/ (see links at bottom of page for other administrations)

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » December 11th, 2021, 12:24 am

mc2fool wrote:
Urbandreamer wrote:You can get a paper copy, which expires and may not be as widely accepted. Logically the cards "should" be accepted, but officially you need to get a "covid passport" document. It's a simple phone call (no doubt with a long wait) to get one.

Folks in England can request one online: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/ (see links at bottom of page for other administrations)

Once again, thanks mc2fool. I too have gone through the rigmarole of trying to get facial recognition on my phone but it keeps rejecting me. I will phone and see where that gets me.

Dod

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » December 11th, 2021, 8:12 am

Urbandreamer wrote:I didn't need a photo.

I did need my NHS number and am registered with a GP surgery who have my mobile phone number which was used to authenticate that I am who I said I was.

The app also didn't work at all well that night, but I suspect that the news was the reason. It worked perfectly well the following morning.

As for the smartphone thing. While I hear and agree with what you say Lootman, the OP could not use the "app" in the first place if they didn't have one. Hence that requirement is something that they have no problem with.

You can get a paper copy, which expires and may not be as widely accepted. Logically the cards "should" be accepted, but officially you need to get a "covid passport" document. It's a simple phone call (no doubt with a long wait) to get one.

=========================

i dont have that option . its an england / wales issue.

Urbandreamer
Lemon Quarter

Postby Urbandreamer » December 11th, 2021, 8:53 am

I may have misunderstood, I thought the photo bit was central, rather than using facial recognition instead of passwords to access a passworded web site. I don't use facial recognition for anything.

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”