Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

End of Forum?

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
tjh290633
Lemon Half

Re: End of Forum?

Postby tjh290633 » February 26th, 2022, 11:07 am

pje16 wrote:The forum is TLF
this is a post :roll:

Actually this is a "topic" and it is in one "forum", which happens to be called "Coronavirus Discussions". Just look at the top of the page. The terminology is determined by the software developers. Elsewhere the words may be "thread" and "board", but they do not apply here.

TJH

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » February 26th, 2022, 11:13 am

Topic, post, thread
take your pick
but at the top like you say it does say topic ;)

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » February 26th, 2022, 11:28 am

I am more than happy to support moorfield on this and would be pleased to see this Forum subsumed into Health and Wellbeing but of course it would deprive those who like to make their views known in no uncertain fashion a dedicated place where they can do so.

Dod

jfgw
Lemon Quarter

Postby jfgw » February 26th, 2022, 11:36 am

88V8 wrote:
moorfield wrote:Now that covid restrictions have been dropped, will this forum be following suit and duly be closed?

Nah.
Come winter, we'll all be back on here again.

V8

I reckon we will be fine. Mitigation measures delay, they don't prevent (although they can reduce the viral load). Other countries will catch up, China will be last (except for any isolated communities around the world that haven't had it yet).

While Omicron is intrinsically less virulent to a degree, the main reason that so few people are getting seriously ill from it is the high levels of immunity. Covid is no longer novel. We don't lock down for 'flu, and we don't fuss over 32 thousand new cases in a day.

As our planet fills up, I think pandemics will be more common so this topic may simply need renaming rather than (say) merging with Health and Wellbeing. The next dodgy virus or superbug may be just around the corner so let's hope 6G masts will be made fireproof.

Julian F. G. W.

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » February 26th, 2022, 11:58 am

jfgw wrote:we don't fuss over 32 thousand new cases in a day.

as long as you and yours aren't amongst them I guess ;)

dave559
Lemon Pip

Postby dave559 » February 26th, 2022, 12:04 pm

Padders72 wrote:I think you may have missed the big rider in red at the top of the page that forbids bringing politics into it mate...

ooops, I didn't actually notice that. But apart from one jibe at a certain politician, I was mainly reminding of the actual reality that there are 4 countries in the UK and that the situations, laws, and rules differ between them, and that I think we are unfortunately still some way from being safely out of the worst of it quite yet.

CryptoPlankton
Lemon Slice

Postby CryptoPlankton » February 26th, 2022, 4:08 pm

Dod101 wrote:I am more than happy to support moorfield on this and would be pleased to see this Forum subsumed into Health and Wellbeing but of course it would deprive those who like to make their views known in no uncertain fashion a dedicated place where they can do so.

Dod

And, of course, it would deprive those who like to make their views known about the continuation of a dedicated place that enables those who wish to make their views known in no uncertain fashion a dedicated place to do so. :)

Why is anyone even concerning themselves with this question - surely it'll just take care of itself in time?

CP (baffled)

jfgw
Lemon Quarter

Postby jfgw » February 26th, 2022, 5:00 pm

CryptoPlankton wrote:Why is anyone even concerning themselves with this question - surely it'll just take care of itself in time?

"Coronavirus Discussions" will not go away on its own, even if no-one posts here for months. It will still exist as one of the six topic groups (or whatever they are properly called) within Lemon Lounge, and still be in prominent view until it is moved or removed.
In the OP, moorfield asked, "Now that covid restrictions have been dropped, will this forum be following suit and duly be closed?". This was answered by redsturgeon in Room 102, "It will continue to be available while there is a demand for it.", https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=33488.

Julian F. G. W.

CryptoPlankton
Lemon Slice

Postby CryptoPlankton » February 26th, 2022, 8:12 pm

jfgw wrote:
CryptoPlankton wrote:Why is anyone even concerning themselves with this question - surely it'll just take care of itself in time?

"Coronavirus Discussions" will not go away on its own, even if no-one posts here for months. It will still exist as one of the six topic groups (or whatever they are properly called) within Lemon Lounge, and still be in prominent view until it is moved or removed.
In the OP, moorfield asked, "Now that covid restrictions have been dropped, will this forum be following suit and duly be closed?". This was answered by redsturgeon in Room 102, "It will continue to be available while there is a demand for it.", https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=33488.

Julian F. G. W.

Well, yes, exactly as you'd expect, and why would anyone bother to even ask the question - it just seems like a complete non-issue? Which begs the question, why have I even bothered to comment? Doh!

CP (back to lurking!)

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”