Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Booster no 2

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Booster no 2

Postby terminal7 » March 29th, 2022, 9:38 am

Yesterday had my second booster - Moderna - very achy upper arm this morning - much more than 3 previous jabs.

Ah well very small price to pay.

T7

pje16
Lemon Half

Re: Booster no 2

Postby pje16 » March 29th, 2022, 9:43 am

Sorry to hear about the aches
Moderna this time, what did you have before

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » March 29th, 2022, 4:18 pm

Has anyone had the full house of AZ, Pfizer and Moderna yet?

John

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Postby scotia » April 1st, 2022, 10:41 pm

redsturgeon wrote:Has anyone had the full house of AZ, Pfizer and Moderna yet?

John

I have had AZ (twice) + Pfizer (Booster) and I should be offered the 2nd booster soon - which I believe is likely to be Moderna.
I'll report back when it happens.

terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Postby terminal7 » April 2nd, 2022, 9:19 am

pje16 wrote:Sorry to hear about the aches
Moderna this time, what did you have before

Pfizer - was told best 'mix'???????

T7

ps symptoms gone completely within 36 hours

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Postby scotia » April 29th, 2022, 7:34 pm

Full House!
Today I received the second booster - Moderna
The first booster was Pfizer
The first two vaccinations were Astra Zeneca
(and I received the flu vaccination with the first booster)

The Moderna vaccination was the only one that I really felt being injected - and the vaccinator said that this was a problem with the Moderna needle - which she felt was inferior to the one used for Pfizer. My wife disagrees (3 Pfizer plus 1 Moderna). She didn't detect any difference.

Julian
Lemon Quarter

Postby Julian » April 30th, 2022, 12:59 pm

scotia wrote:Full House!
Today I received the second booster - Moderna
The first booster was Pfizer
The first two vaccinations were Astra Zeneca
(and I received the flu vaccination with the first booster)

The Moderna vaccination was the only one that I really felt being injected - and the vaccinator said that this was a problem with the Moderna needle - which she felt was inferior to the one used for Pfizer. My wife disagrees (3 Pfizer plus 1 Moderna). She didn't detect any difference.

Interesting. I wonder if it was simply down to the skill of the person giving the injection. I have only had 4 vaccinations in the last year, 3 x Covid-19 (2 x AZ + 1 x Pfizer) and the Flu jab. Having not had any injections for maybe 30 years prior to those I have been amazed how totally painless they have all been to the extent of, with one exception, my being pretty much unaware that I had even been injected.

The one that I was at least somewhat aware of was the Flu jab and although I wasn't actually watching from what I was feeling I strongly suspect that was because the person giving the injection aspirated first (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25871949/) so the needle was in my arm for slightly longer. John Campbell has been calling for aspiration of Covid-19 vaccines for a long time now and some people agree with him (I'm not qualified to judge whether his view is valid or whether he is tilting at windmills) but another theory could be that the person giving you your Moderna shot aspirated whereas that wasn't the case when your wife got her shot. Whether or not to aspirate or not when giving a Covid-19 vaccine has definitely been quite a divisive topic for a while now(*).

(*) Some vaccine at the injection site getting into the bloodstream is certainly the precursor to one of the leading theories about why the AZ vaccine can in very rare cases cause unusual blood clots (https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciadv.abl8213). I have no idea what the thinking is about possible reasons for the rare cases of peri/myocarditis after an mRNA vaccine so whether leakage into the blood supply might be considered a factor there seems to be undetermined at this time. (I really have tried to find updates on this subject, not because I'm particularly concerned, it is a relatively rare side effect, but because the emergence of some solid and well supported theories about the underlying cause(s) would be indicative of us advancing our knowledge further which can only be a good thing.)

- Julian

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Postby scotia » April 30th, 2022, 4:23 pm

scotia wrote:

Today's correction - my wife is now complaining of the bruising pain from the site of yesterday's Moderna vaccination. She also maintains her first booster was Moderna - and she had no such effect from it. (I thought it was Pfizer)
I'm also experiencing the bruising pain - more than from the other vaccinations.
But getting it all into perspective - the pain isn't significant - its just a bit more than we experienced from our earlier vaccinations.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » April 30th, 2022, 4:45 pm

My wife had AstraZeneca twice, then a Pfizer booster, and finally a Moderna booster last week. Where do I collect her prize?

She's not the sort to complain, but she also had a sore arm for a couple of days after the Moderna jab. Couldn't raise her arm above elbow height. But it was all fine by the fourth day.

BJ

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”