Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

DAK if we should still isolate from each other?

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Clariman
Lemon Quarter

DAK if we should still isolate from each other?

Postby Clariman » April 7th, 2022, 9:06 am

I'd like this treated as a DAK type question if possible.

I am on day 8 of Covid and feeling pretty well. I have been self isolating away from Mrs C by staying in spare room, study and different bathroom.

However she has just tested positive, a couple of days before my freedom day.

Is it still wise to self isolate so we minimise passing any further covid between either of us, or does it make absolutely no difference now?

This having been my 3rd positive PCR, I am aware that it is possible to cathc it multiple times!

servodude
Lemon Half

Re: DAK if we should still isolate from each other?

Postby servodude » April 7th, 2022, 9:14 am

Clariman wrote:I'd like this treated as a DAK type question if possible.

I am on day 8 of Covid and feeling pretty well. I have been self isolating away from Mrs C by staying in spare room, study and different bathroom.

Is it still wise to self isolate so we minimise passing any further covid between either of us, or does it make absolutely no difference now?

This having been my 3rd positive PCR, I am aware that it is possible to cathc it multiple times!

In your situation it makes no difference
Your body is in peak Covid combat mode having put the infection down
- you will probably catch it again in the future... but for now you're as safe as can be

-sd

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » April 7th, 2022, 9:22 am

Clariman wrote:I'd like this treated as a DAK type question if possible.

I am on day 8 of Covid and feeling pretty well. I have been self isolating away from Mrs. C by staying in spare room, study and different bathroom.

Is it still wise to self isolate so we minimise passing any further Covid between either of us, or does it make absolutely no difference now?

This having been my 3rd positive PCR, I am aware that it is possible to catch it multiple times!

Hi Clariman,

Good to hear you're on the mend. Hopefully Mrs. C's symptoms will be mild if any. On the grounds that I am not a counsellor I cannot answer if you should continue to self isolate :lol: If Mrs. AiY(D) was in your shoes and I was in Mrs. C's shoes I'd insist Mrs. AiY(D) self isolate. Then I could watch what I want on the TV :lol:

On a more serious note and as sd has already said, there's no need for you to continue to isolate away from Mrs. C. Obviously get her permission first :lol:

Take care

AiY(D)

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » April 7th, 2022, 9:24 am

I tested positive two days ago but feel almost fine now
I am not going out until I do 2 tests on consecutive days that are negative
I can do online shopping and a couple of friend have offered to bring me anything I need, specifically, food, meds and beer :lol:
It has hardly had any medical impact on me but if I give it to someone else I can't be sure that it would not affect them differently
I gave up listening to UK Gov months ago, I, like many others are best served by relying on common sense

PS your immune system is at it's peak after just fighting it off (IMHO)

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » April 7th, 2022, 12:15 pm

Legally you don't need to isolate.

From a Covid perspective, as you both "have it", there is no need longer any need to isolate from each other.

From a social perspective you don't need to isolate from anyone, but could choose to do so as the "right thing to do".

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » April 7th, 2022, 1:06 pm

dealtn wrote:Legally you don't need to isolate.

We do need to self isolate here in Scotland

From a Covid perspective, as you both "have it", there is no need longer any need to isolate from each other.

I think that is probably right. What I have read is that in the unlikely event we had different flavours of Covid, then there could still be a risk of passing that on. The other slight risk is that one of us has a much higher viral load than the other and passes that on.

From a social perspective you don't need to isolate from anyone, but could choose to do so as the "right thing to do".

See my first answer. We both have to self-isolate from others at the moment (Scotland). I will be out on Sunday after my 10 day unless I have 2 negative LFTs 24 hours apart first. So I might get out on Saturday. Mrs C's obviously has to self isolate now too.

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » April 7th, 2022, 1:09 pm

Clariman wrote:
dealtn wrote:Legally you don't need to isolate.

We do need to self isolate here in Scotland

I wasn't aware you were in Scotland (you didn't say), and made an incorrect assumption.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » April 7th, 2022, 1:10 pm

Clariman wrote:

I think that is probably right. What I have read is that in the unlikely event we had different flavours of Covid, then there could still be a risk of passing that on. The other slight risk is that one of us has a much higher viral load than the other and passes that on.

Was there ever a legal requirement to isolate from one's spouse even if one is infected and one is not? In many cases that would be a physical impossibility, unless you live in small castle with separate wings.

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » April 7th, 2022, 2:08 pm

Lootman wrote:
Clariman wrote:

Was there ever a legal requirement to isolate from one's spouse even if one is infected and one is not? In many cases that would be a physical impossibility, unless you live in small castle with separate wings.

No, there has never been a legal requirement, but the public health advice has always been to try to isolate from other family members to reduce their chance of catching it from you. It has also been acknowledged that this will be very difficult or impossible for many people to do; e.g. for parents and children or in properties with little space.

We are fortunate that our house is such that I could use a spare bedroom, separate bathroom, and my home office to isolate. The first 2 times I had positive PCRs, Mrs C avoided catching anything. This time she didn't, but at least it got me a week of peace and quiet to get some things done in my office ;) :lol:

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”