Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

current rules?

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Tedx
Lemon Quarter

current rules?

Postby Tedx » March 17th, 2023, 11:59 am

What's the current rules on COVID (Scotland)?

The missus has just tested positive for the first time ever and we're both a bit unsure.

Does it have to be reported?

I think they're (the Scottish Government) suggesting that you self isolate, but it's not a rule as far as I can see. If she went out, it would be better to wear a mask presumably?

Shes had all the vaccinations and feels like shes got a bit of a cold but not much more. It would probably have been better if she'd not tested at all (but we had a couple of unused kits upstairs)

servodude
Lemon Half

Re: current rules?

Postby servodude » March 17th, 2023, 12:08 pm

Tedx wrote:What's the current rules on COVID (Scotland)?

The missus has just tested positive for the first time ever and we're both a bit unsure.

Does it have to be reported?

I think they're (the Scottish Government) suggesting that you self isolate, but it's not a rule as far as I can see. If she went out, it would be better to wear a mask presumably?

Shes had all the vaccinations and feels like shes got a bit of a cold but not much more. It would probably have been better if she'd not tested at all (but we had a couple of unused kits upstairs)

I have it on good authority (1) there's hee haw rules.
Use a bit of common sense if you might be around the vulnerable (old, frail, compromised, anti-vaxers etc)
and feel free to lean on it if you need an excuse to get out of any family events

-sd
(1) - just been to the pub with my folks who fly back to Scotland on Tuesday and part of the chat involved my cousin coming down with Covid yesterday and noticing her son had chicken pox when she went to test him for it

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » March 17th, 2023, 12:12 pm

There are no coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions in the UK.
If you have COVID-19 you should try to stay at home.
Most people cannot get free COVID-19 tests. You can buy tests in shops, but you cannot report the result to the NHS.

Source:
https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

PS hope she gets well soon

Tedx
Lemon Quarter

Postby Tedx » March 17th, 2023, 12:13 pm

Indeed, I have played the COVID card many times in the past when event arose that I couldn't be assed going to.

<sigh> I'm going to miss that much loved exit route.

Tedx
Lemon Quarter

Postby Tedx » March 17th, 2023, 12:14 pm

pje16 wrote:There are no coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions in the UK.
Most people cannot get free COVID-19 tests. You can buy tests in shops, but you cannot report the result to the NHS.

Source:

She feels fine. She wishes she'd never taken the test now.

Dicky99
Lemon Slice

Postby Dicky99 » March 17th, 2023, 3:07 pm

Tedx wrote:
pje16 wrote:There are no coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions in the UK.

Source:

She feels fine. She wishes she'd never taken the test now.

Wow, I know that feeling. In mid January I thought I had a cold but because I had few left over tests I used one and tested positive. Then despite recovering really quickly I went on to test positive for 14 days. Amazing how many people you know are quick to point out that you no longer need to isolate until you say "okay are you free for lunch" then it's no reply.

Tedx
Lemon Quarter

Postby Tedx » March 18th, 2023, 1:08 pm

Well she gave up her night out last night (in fact the whole night was scrapped) because one of their number worked with 'vulnerable children '. I dont know how or why they are particularly vulnerable but I do wonder how many infected people would have been out last night - indeed, how many infected people she has come Into contact with since restrictions were lifted.

Ach well. I'm probably infected too, but neither of us are I'll (she feels like shes got a touch of the cold). Lesson learned - Thatll be the last time either one of us will be taking a test until we're legally obliged to do so.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » March 18th, 2023, 2:08 pm

Tedx wrote:Well she gave up her night out last night (in fact the whole night was scrapped) because one of their number worked with 'vulnerable children '. I dont know how or why they are particularly vulnerable but I do wonder how many infected people would have been out last night - indeed, how many infected people she has come Into contact with since restrictions were lifted.

Ach well. I'm probably infected too, but neither of us are I'll (she feels like shes got a touch of the cold). Lesson learned - Thatll be the last time either one of us will be taking a test until we're legally obliged to do so.

All this is very familiar. At the beginning of this week I had a sort of dry cough and a runny nose. The nose gradually got worse and yesterday I felt awful. Today.Very much better but between the rugby and our weather I am resolved to do nothing. If I knew I had Covid (tested positive) there is no way I would go out and I hope no one else would either. All very well having no restrictions but surely no one would knowingly go out and risk spreading it?

Dod

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » March 18th, 2023, 2:20 pm

Tedx wrote: She wishes she'd never taken the test now.

That has always been the dilemma. Would I rather know for sure and cancel all my plans? Or have plausible deniability by avoiding a test? I guess it depends on who you are and how much is at stake. But there is no longer any mandate to get tested, to isolate, to wear face coverings or to not travel.

Tedx
Lemon Quarter

Postby Tedx » March 18th, 2023, 2:22 pm

Dod101 wrote:
Tedx wrote:Well she gave up her night out last night (in fact the whole night was scrapped) because one of their number worked with 'vulnerable children '. I dont know how or why they are particularly vulnerable but I do wonder how many infected people would have been out last night - indeed, how many infected people she has come Into contact with since restrictions were lifted.

All this is very familiar. At the beginning of this week I had a sort of dry cough and a runny nose. The nose gradually got worse and yesterday I felt awful. Today.Very much better but between the rugby and our weather I am resolved to do nothing. If I knew I had Covid (tested positive) there is no way I would go out and I hope no one else would either. All very well having no restrictions but surely no one would knowingly go out and risk spreading it?

Dod

No, and she didnt go out. And we're sitting watching the rugby, same as you. The key word though is 'knowingly' isnt it? If you dont test, how do you know?

Tomorrow we're heading out. Somewhere remote though. Well away from other folk.

Tedx
Lemon Quarter

Postby Tedx » March 18th, 2023, 2:23 pm

Lootman wrote:
Tedx wrote: She wishes she'd never taken the test now.

That has always been the dilemma. Would I rather know for sure and cancel all my plans? Or have plausible deniability by avoiding a test? I guess it depends on who you are and how much is at stake. But there is no longer any mandate to get tested, to isolate, to wear face coverings or to not travel.

Yep, and of course the government probably wants people to spread it as much as possible now.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » March 18th, 2023, 2:35 pm

Tedx wrote:
Dod101 wrote:

Dod

No, and she didnt go out. And we're sitting watching the rugby, same as you. The key word though is 'knowingly' isnt it? If you dont test, how do you know?

Tomorrow we're heading out. Somewhere remote though. Well away from other folk.

Yes I am not trying to be superior but no doubt the deniability is very useful. Have a good weekend.

And that was a lovely break out by Scotland!

Dod

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”