Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Current stats

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Arizona11
2 Lemon pips

Current stats

Postby Arizona11 » October 1st, 2023, 4:51 pm

I have been using Zöe to keep up with the weekly stats but this week the total has not been updated and still shows the figure from 11th September. DAK why they have not been updated and where I might get the total for the U.K. Thanks

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Current stats

Postby redsturgeon » October 1st, 2023, 8:34 pm

Arizona11 wrote:I have been using Zöe to keep up with the weekly stats but this week the total has not been updated and still shows the figure from 11th September. DAK why they have not been updated and where I might get the total for the U.K. Thanks

I just looked and I have 97,904 cases as of Spt 29th.

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » October 1st, 2023, 8:53 pm

redsturgeon wrote:
Arizona11 wrote:I have been using Zöe to keep up with the weekly stats but this week the total has not been updated and still shows the figure from 11th September. DAK why they have not been updated and where I might get the total for the U.K. Thanks

I just looked and I have 97,904 cases as of Spt 29th.

Curious. Maybe Arizona's cache is serving the page and a page re-load will do the trick.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » October 1st, 2023, 8:59 pm

To clarify, the figure I gave is the estimated daily new cases as of 29th Sept but I also see this further down

People with COVID-19
From ZOE Health Study reports

People are currently predicted to have symptomatic COVID in the UK

Updated 11 September, 5:00am

Arizona11
2 Lemon pips

Postby Arizona11 » October 2nd, 2023, 3:14 pm

redsturgeon wrote:To clarify, the figure I gave is the estimated daily new cases as of 29th Sept but I also see this further down

People with COVID-19
From ZOE Health Study reports

People are currently predicted to have symptomatic COVID in the UK

Updated 11 September, 5:00am

Yes, that is the problem right there. The 97,904 is new cases only and has been updated. However, the figure of 1,285,247 for total cases has not been updated. It was posted as at 11 September but is always updated each week and this figure was not updated to 18th September. All previous weeks that figure has been updated and that is the figure I am trying to find as Zoe has suddenly stopped the update of that particular figure without any explanation.

Gersemi
Lemon Slice

Postby Gersemi » October 2nd, 2023, 5:25 pm

It may be someone is on holiday. I have a vague recollection of something like this happening in the past and that basically being the reason, I don't think they have a large workforce.

Ashfordian
Lemon Slice

Postby Ashfordian » October 2nd, 2023, 6:01 pm

Arizona11 wrote:
redsturgeon wrote:To clarify, the figure I gave is the estimated daily new cases as of 29th Sept but I also see this further down

Yes, that is the problem right there. The 97,904 is new cases only and has been updated. However, the figure of 1,285,247 for total cases has not been updated. It was posted as at 11 September but is always updated each week and this figure was not updated to 18th September. All previous weeks that figure has been updated and that is the figure I am trying to find as Zoe has suddenly stopped the update of that particular figure without any explanation.

What difference does it make to know the exact Zoe estimated figure?

Total cases are not going to double from this level as past infection immunity will provide an upper limit (ie those who have recently caught it are not going to get it again this winter).

I think we can sensibly predict around 2% of the population will have Covid at any point in time. This may peak slightly above this but you are not going to see it at 4+% of the population.

I do have a DAK regarding the Zoe app. Does the Zoe number estimate take into account that those using the App are more likely to be of a hypochondriac persuasion and thus bias the estimate massively upwards?

Arizona11
2 Lemon pips

Postby Arizona11 » October 3rd, 2023, 5:56 pm

What difference does it make to know the exact Zoe estimated figure?

Total cases are not going to double from this level as past infection immunity will provide an upper limit (ie those who have recently caught it are not going to get it again this winter).

I think we can sensibly predict around 2% of the population will have Covid at any point in time. This may peak slightly above this but you are not going to see it at 4+% of the population.

I do have a DAK regarding the Zoe app. Does the Zoe number estimate take into account that those using the App are more likely to be of a hypochondriac persuasion and thus bias the estimate massively upwards?

Many people have a cynical attitude towards Covid. Maybe they haven’t lost loved ones like I have. As I wish to continue to avoid catching Covid, the stats, albeit estimated, are of interest to me and many others who wish to avoid getting ill or getting ill and passing it on the to others who may not be able to cope with the illness. Stats can help in risk assessment and they have doubled in the last month. So to me the figures are or interest.

Gersemi
Lemon Slice

Postby Gersemi » October 14th, 2023, 6:00 pm

Zoe have now advised that they are suspending the Covid monitoring as there were not enough contributors, and also the results were skewed because people were more likely to report if they had had a positive test.
Sad in a way, but inevitable.

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”