Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Air Partner

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Re: Air Partner

Postby Bouleversee » January 22nd, 2020, 12:50 pm

Good question. Do you know the reason for the big drop today? Is it more than that of the market in general? Is it due to the deadly virus? How much would that affect them, do you think? There seem to have been more buys than sales today but after that issue some time ago I have not had a very good gut feeling about them and though I have spare cash in the ISA that holds them am not sure I want to risk more. These AIM shares don't seem to be doing me much good; saving me IHT but largely because they are losing me money.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » January 22nd, 2020, 1:08 pm

I’m out and about but here’s the reason:

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exc ... 92966.html

Edit: Air Partner are not AIM (haven’t read your post in full).
Last edited by PinkDalek on January 22nd, 2020, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

onthemove
Lemon Slice

Postby onthemove » January 22nd, 2020, 1:09 pm

Bouleversee wrote:Good question. Do you know the reason for the big drop today?

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exc ... 92966.html

I've only skim read it, but it appears that the previous quarter has been worse than anticipated.

The Group's UK Charter division has been impacted by slower than expected Q4 trading and as a result the Board expects to announce underlying profit before tax of not less than £4.3 million for the 12 months to 31 January 2020, which is lower than previously expected.

I've not had time to fully read so I may have missed other significant points.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » January 22nd, 2020, 3:40 pm

Thanks, both.

Quite right, not on my list of AIM holdings; was relying on my now unreliable memory. However, it has a rather similar feel about it.

Having read that report, I can't say I feel like adding. It could have been a good opportunity but too much of a gamble. Their expectations are about as reliable as my memory and I am already losing more than enough. The high yield relates to current s.p. not what I paid. I'll continue to hold for the time being but will be watching for an opportunity to get out if the price goes up, Am inclined to use the cash to top up my SMT which has done well since I bought, one of the few holdings showing a profit in that particular ISA.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » January 23rd, 2020, 1:41 pm

Bouleversee wrote:There seem to have been more buys than sales today but after that issue some time ago I have not had a very good gut feeling about them ...

I was partially jesting on my time for another top-up comment (hoping that opportunity has bolted and, as I said, I was out and about yesterday) but am surprised you saw more buys than sales when the share price was in free-fall. As previously, I don't rely on places that attempt to indicate buys or sells.

The high yield relates to current s.p. not what I paid. I'll continue to hold for the time being but will be watching for an opportunity to get out if the price goes up ...

The "high yield" you may be seeing is historical and the final is not yet known. You did have an opportunity to 'get out' over the last couple of months (albeit still at a loss) but I know you have plenty of other matters quite rightly taking up your time.

I'm continuing to hold at the moment and still looking to the long term. Simoan has most some pertinent comments at Stockopedia (which I know you can't access) about a possible shrinking market (although he expects Air Partner's market still to be there) but I'm hoping that is now already factored in. My own uninformed view is, yet again, the market overreacted.

We'll see or at least I shall, if you are out at some stage.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » January 23rd, 2020, 2:25 pm

Yes, I thought it was an overreaction yesterday but the question is by how much. Just as well I didn't buy more SMT y'day as they are down today despite the boom in Tesla valuation yesterday. Have been to an appt. all this a.m. so have not studied the market yet and probably won't today. The virus is going to skew the market for a while methinks.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » January 24th, 2020, 10:17 am

PinkDalek wrote:Simoan has most some pertinent comments at Stockopedia (which I know you can't access) about a possible shrinking market (although he expects Air Partner's market still to be there) but I'm hoping that is now already factored in.

I misquoted Simoan - it was a PeterG who talked of a shrinking market, in reply to Simoan.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » February 12th, 2020, 8:34 pm

This closed at 69.5p today. Not a good look by any means. Coronavirus can't be helping, but how low can this go from here? Still no sign of the directors buying either, just continued selling by CASTLEFIELD FUND PARTNERS.

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » February 13th, 2020, 9:40 am

XFool wrote:This closed at 69.5p today. Not a good look by any means. Coronavirus can't be helping, but how low can this go from here? Still no sign of the directors buying either, just continued selling by CASTLEFIELD FUND PARTNERS.

I really wouldn't be concerned by Castlefield selling down. I believe this holding is part of the UK Buffetology OEIC and the manager has decided to offload his illiquid small cap positions. Now the fund is so much bigger it no longer makes sense to have large holdings in small caps that don't move the dial on fund performance. I also suspect that what happened to Woodford acted as a vital reminder to many other managers, who got carried away in the bull market, that liquidity is an important factor. I often find the best time to buy is when the price is depressed by an institution offloading for well publicised reasons.

You'll have to make your own mind up about any Coronavirus effect, I assume the cancellation of big events like the MWC can't help, but then again if I needed to fly somewhere and had the money, I'd much rather take a private jet with people I know, than take my chances in close proximity to 300 complete strangers.

All the best, Si

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » February 13th, 2020, 4:41 pm

I'd feel more confident, I suspect the market would too, if the directors were jumping in at these low prices. So far, no show.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » February 14th, 2020, 10:11 am

XFool wrote:I'd feel more confident, I suspect the market would too, if the directors were jumping in at these low prices.

They've been busy (as summarised by MrC this morning):

14 February 2020

Air Partner evacuates over 300 British and EU nationals from Wuhan in wake of
coronavirus outbreak

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exc ... 23345.html

Note: RNS Reach Story

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » February 14th, 2020, 11:20 am

XFool wrote:I'd feel more confident, I suspect the market would too, if the directors were jumping in at these low prices. So far, no show.

The executive directors have no history of buying shares in the market (as far as I can tell the CEO has never done so) so I don't see why they would start now when trading is not so good and the future outlook uncertain as they have reported. In their shoes I'd probably be doing the same.

All the best, Si

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » February 14th, 2020, 11:24 am

PinkDalek wrote:They've been busy (as summarised by MrC this morning):

14 February 2020

Air Partner evacuates over 300 British and EU nationals from Wuhan in wake of
coronavirus outbreak

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exc ... 23345.html

Note: RNS Reach Story

I thought the most interesting section was this:

Over the last four weeks, the number of coronavirus related enquiries Air Partner has received across the business has increased. This includes increased Private Jet enquiries, requests for medical equipment cargo flights and emergency evacuations.

So as I surmised the other day, coronavirus is actually proving beneficial for the private jet market.

All the best, SI

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » February 14th, 2020, 5:40 pm

simoan wrote:I thought the most interesting section was this:

Over the last four weeks, the number of coronavirus related enquiries Air Partner has received across the business has increased. This includes increased Private Jet enquiries, requests for medical equipment cargo flights and emergency evacuations.

So as I surmised the other day, coronavirus is actually proving beneficial for the private jet market.

Yes. As far as it goes there will be some upside for AIR from the coronavirus emergency. But it is still in the business of air broking and that business is, in general, surely related to the level of global business activity? Furthermore, are not the recent AIR business acquisitions similarly related to the general level of activity in aircraft related commerce and training?

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » February 15th, 2020, 10:54 am

XFool wrote:
simoan wrote:I thought the most interesting section was this:

Yes. As far as it goes there will be some upside for AIR from the coronavirus emergency. But it is still in the business of air broking and that business is, in general, surely related to the level of global business activity? Furthermore, are not the recent AIR business acquisitions similarly related to the general level of activity in aircraft related commerce and training?

Just to be clear, I was in no way implying that I believe that any revenue generated from Coronavirus related flights will move the dial in terms of the current poor financial performance. I don't really like RNS Reach announcements as they are little more than publicity stunts. However, you asked further up the thread how Coronavirus might affect the company and this at least shows that it's not all downside. However, should the virus spark some kind of global recession then this would be very bad for the company. All bets would be off!

All the best, Si

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » February 18th, 2020, 1:28 pm

The BBC have now provided free publicity to a number of outfits in today's article below:

Coronavirus triggers boom in private jet inquiries
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51527042

That word inquiries/enquiries pops up again.

Agreed re RNS Reach stories, thus my note.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » February 18th, 2020, 6:03 pm

PinkDalek wrote:The BBC have now provided free publicity to a number of outfits in today's article below:

Coronavirus triggers boom in private jet inquiries

That word inquiries/enquiries pops up again.

@16:03

Coronavirus triggers boom in private jet enquiries :D

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » February 18th, 2020, 7:06 pm

Air Partner 1 BBC 0 (before the VAR).

My main point really was we don't know how many enquiries are converted into cash/profit.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » February 18th, 2020, 8:59 pm

PinkDalek wrote:Air Partner 1 BBC 0 (before the VAR).

My main point really was we don't know how many enquiries are converted into cash/profit.

Maybe we need an inquiry? :?

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » February 18th, 2020, 10:00 pm

Meanwhile, on the ADVFN AIR thread, things have become 'interesting'.

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”