Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUSS update v11.72 and b-m

Discussions regarding financial software
kiloran
Lemon Quarter

HYPTUSS update v11.72 and b-m

Postby kiloran » January 29th, 2020, 1:26 pm

HYPTUSS Enterprises plc is proud to announce a new shiny, solar-powered, eco-friendly version of HYPTUSS, available at: http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html

Key changes are:
  1. Investorease is no longer available and has been removed as a dividend source
  2. Sharecast and Stockopedia have been added as dividend sources (selectable on the Parameters sheet)
  3. The main "High Yield Portfolio" sheet now has a button to link to Investegate RNS. Selecting a cell in a row containing a share and clicking the button will take you to the most recent RNSs for that share. Selecting a cell in an empty row then clicking the button takes you to the Investegate home page
  4. A new sheet "FT Funds" has been added, This allows you to retrieve prices for funds from the FT website. It also has a button to take you to the FT website to see full details of a fund. Note that this new funds capability has not been integrated into the core HYPTUSS functionality. It is a stand-alone sheet

So there are now 4 sources of dividends.... ADVFN, Dividend Data, Sharecast and Stockopedia. Dividend Data is perhaps the best and most reliable source, but has a fit and locks you out if you overload it with requests (typically more than 10-12 shares.... a mini-HYP?). Stockopedia looks to be a pretty good and reliable alternative. ADVFN and Sharecast are OK but do perhaps have more errors or missing data.
Have fun!

--kiloran and Itsallaguess

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: HYPTUSS update v11.72 and b-m

Postby kiloran » January 29th, 2020, 3:10 pm

I forgot to add.... the process to migrate to a new version of the HYPTUSS is described in the User Guide, and Itsallaguess also produced this video: https://vimeo.com/232215342

--kiloran
p.s. No bug reports yet??!!

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » January 29th, 2020, 3:19 pm

kiloran wrote:HYPTUSS Enterprises plc is proud to announce a new shiny, solar-powered, eco-friendly version of HYPTUSS, available at: http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html

Key changes are:
  1. Investorease is no longer available and has been removed as a dividend source
  2. Sharecast and Stockopedia have been added as dividend sources (selectable on the Parameters sheet)
  3. The main "High Yield Portfolio" sheet now has a button to link to Investegate RNS. Selecting a cell in a row containing a share and clicking the button will take you to the most recent RNSs for that share. Selecting a cell in an empty row then clicking the button takes you to the Investegate home page
  4. A new sheet "FT Funds" has been added, This allows you to retrieve prices for funds from the FT website. It also has a button to take you to the FT website to see full details of a fund. Note that this new funds capability has not been integrated into the core HYPTUSS functionality. It is a stand-alone sheet

So there are now 4 sources of dividends.... ADVFN, Dividend Data, Sharecast and Stockopedia. Dividend Data is perhaps the best and most reliable source, but has a fit and locks you out if you overload it with requests (typically more than 10-12 shares.... a mini-HYP?). Stockopedia looks to be a pretty good and reliable alternative. ADVFN and Sharecast are OK but do perhaps have more errors or missing data.
Have fun!

Sounds good, and I think I'll treat myself to the new version, although the old one works well enough. The added bells and whistles look worth having.

Thanks for your help.

Arb.

granretire
2 Lemon pips

Postby granretire » January 29th, 2020, 3:45 pm

Many thanks for adding the funds sheet

Peltiq
2 Lemon pips

Postby Peltiq » January 29th, 2020, 5:29 pm

Many thanks for this and all previous updates. I'm very grateful.

I'm having trouble finding the appropriate Sharecast webpages for BRNA (Black Rock North American IT) and HINT (Henderson International Income IT) so that I can add them to the CDS (Company Date Sheet).

Could someone from HYPTUSS Entreprises point me in the right direction. I can't get the http://tinyurl.com/ybbq8z5g link to work properly.

Thanks

Karen

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » January 29th, 2020, 5:52 pm

Peltiq wrote:
I'm having trouble finding the appropriate Sharecast webpages for BRNA (Black Rock North American IT) and HINT (Henderson International Income IT) so that I can add them to the CDS (Company Date Sheet).

Could someone from HYPTUSS Enterprises point me in the right direction.

I can't get the http://tinyurl.com/ybbq8z5g link to work properly.

Hi Karen,

If you copy the following two lines of information to the bottom of the data-set on the HYPTUSS 'Company Data Sheet', then that should get you going with HINT and BRNA -

https://i.imgur.com/VRH2lFD.png

Please note the use of underscores in the above two URL fields...

As an aside, if you or anyone else wishes to find the relevant Sharecast page for this sort of data, then I find that using Google with the word 'Sharecast' and then followed by the relevant EPIC of the investment will usually provide the result with the first hit.

An example of the above typical Google search is provided here for HINT -

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&q=sharecast+HINT

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » January 29th, 2020, 5:59 pm

Peltiq wrote:Many thanks for this and all previous updates. I'm very grateful.

Could someone from HYPTUSS Entreprises point me in the right direction. I can't get the http://tinyurl.com/ybbq8z5g link to work properly.

Thanks

Karen

I've added BRNA and HINT to the Company Data Sheet at: http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html

The best way to find new companies is to go to the sharecast home page at https://www.sharecast.com/ and enter the Share symbol in the search box near the top-right of the web page

--kiloran

Peltiq
2 Lemon pips

Postby Peltiq » January 30th, 2020, 8:39 am

Peltiq wrote:Many thanks for this and all previous updates. I'm very grateful.

Thanks

Karen

Thanks for the updated Company Data Sheet etc.

I have since discovered that the link provided to the Sharecast website (http://tinyurl.com/ybbq8z5g) which I was unable to open yesterday with my version of Firefox ( 72.0.2) opens perfectly with Edge.

How mysterious!

Karen

Jeff26

Postby Jeff26 » January 31st, 2020, 11:32 am

kiloran wrote:HYPTUSS Enterprises plc is proud to announce a new shiny, solar-powered, eco-friendly version of HYPTUSS, available at: http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html

Key changes are:

Have fun!

Thank you both once again for the your time and devotion now and over the years in sustaining this valuable tool for investors.
Jeff

niord
Lemon Pip

Postby niord » January 31st, 2020, 1:39 pm

Would it be possible to add Troy Income and Growth trust (TIGT) to your master company data sheet ?

I can do it manually on each update but it would be better if it was there

Thanks

seagles
Lemon Slice

Postby seagles » January 31st, 2020, 2:36 pm

Can you update the "USER GUIDE" to add "copying" previous data from SNAPSHOT tab?

I want to keep history of "snapshots" as an aide to my faling memory of how my portfolio has progressed.

Cheers.

BTW Not found any problems so far but will carry on running my set of processes.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » January 31st, 2020, 2:52 pm

seagles wrote:
Can you update the "USER GUIDE" to add "copying" previous data from SNAPSHOT tab?

I want to keep history of "snapshots" as an aide to my failing memory of how my portfolio has progressed.

Hi seagles,

It's not quite clear what you mean by 'copying previous data from the 'Snapshot' tab'...

Are you aware that the function currently doesn't over-write previous snapshots already taken on the 'Snapshot' tab? That's what the user-guide means at the moment, when it says that the process 'appends' the snapshot data each time...

You can quite happily click the 'Take Snapshot' button a number of times, and the process will take a new snapshot and append it underneath any previously taken snapshots..

As this is the case, doesn't this already satisfy your wish to keep a portfolio history, with the ability to do so at any time by simply pressing the 'Take Snapshot' button again?

Your requirement to take intermittent snapshots of your portfolio, and also to maintain that ongoing portfolio history was the primary aim of introducing this particular functionality.

If you mean something else, are you please able to give some further details?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

seagles
Lemon Slice

Postby seagles » January 31st, 2020, 3:20 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:
seagles wrote:

I want to keep history of "snapshots" as an aide to my failing memory of how my portfolio has progressed.

Hi seagles,

It's not quite clear what you mean by 'copying previous data from the 'Snapshot' tab'...

Are you aware that the function currently doesn't over-write previous snapshots already taken on the 'Snapshot' tab? That's what the user-guide means at the moment, when it says that the process 'appends' the snapshot data each time...

You can quite happily click the 'Take Snapshot' button a number of times, and the process will take a new snapshot and append it underneath any previously taken snapshots..

As this is the case, doesn't this already satisfy your wish to keep a portfolio history, with the ability to do so at any time by simply pressing the 'Take Snapshot' button again?

Your requirement to take intermittent snapshots of your portfolio, and also to maintain that ongoing portfolio history was the primary aim of introducing this particular functionality.

If you mean something else, are you please able to give some further details?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Sorry when you use the latest HYPTUSS the data I need copying is from the old tab to the "new". Yes I do know it appends to the end BTW. So having just updated my master spreadsheet to the latest all singing and dancing spreadsheet, I copied and pasted the "snapshot" data from last year to the new spreadsheet snapshot tab.

Thanks to you and kiloran for the effort you put in to this. Saves me a lot of work, for which I am very grateful.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » January 31st, 2020, 3:25 pm

seagles wrote:Can you update the "USER GUIDE" to add "copying" previous data from SNAPSHOT tab?

I want to keep history of "snapshots" as an aide to my faling memory of how my portfolio has progressed.

Cheers.

BTW Not found any problems so far but will carry on running my set of processes.

It's there on page 22 Seagles, item 9:
8. Copy the data on the old Tracking sheet to the new Tracking sheet
9. Copy the data on the old Snapshots sheet to the new Snapshots sheet
10. On the old Watchlist sheet, note row number of the last share (lastrow_1)

Did you want something more?

--kiloran

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » January 31st, 2020, 3:27 pm

seagles wrote:
Sorry when you use the latest HYPTUSS the data I need copying is from the old tab to the "new".

So having just updated my master spreadsheet to the latest all singing and dancing spreadsheet, I copied and pasted the "snapshot" data from last year to the new spreadsheet snapshot tab.

Thanks to you and kiloran for the effort you put in to this. Saves me a lot of work, for which I am very grateful.

Thanks seagles, I understand what you mean now, and in that case I can confirm that the instruction to carry out this step is already in the current user-guide, in Step 9 in the 'Migrating to a new version of HYPTUSS' section on Page 22-

https://i.imgur.com/CTVzFGH.png

I'm glad you find the tool useful, and thanks for the nice feedback.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » January 31st, 2020, 3:33 pm

niord wrote:Would it be possible to add Troy Income and Growth trust (TIGT) to your master company data sheet ?

I can do it manually on each update but it would be better if it was there

Thanks

I've added TIGT to the company_data_sheet.txt file at http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html and it will be included in future versions of HYPTUSS

--kiloran

seagles
Lemon Slice

Postby seagles » January 31st, 2020, 4:44 pm

kiloran wrote:
seagles wrote:Can you update the "USER GUIDE" to add "copying" previous data from SNAPSHOT tab?

Cheers.

--kiloran

My sincere apologies. Missed that completely. Back to lurking.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » January 31st, 2020, 4:48 pm

seagles wrote:
kiloran wrote:

Cheers.

--kiloran

My sincere apologies. Missed that completely. Back to lurking.

Lurking not allowed. As a user, your priority is to find the hidden bug(s)

--kiloran

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » January 31st, 2020, 4:56 pm

kiloran wrote:Lurking not allowed. As a user, your priority is to find the hidden bug(s)

--kiloran

:D :D :D

or 'find the Easter eggs' perhaps? :twisted:

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » January 31st, 2020, 5:01 pm

Breelander wrote:
kiloran wrote:Lurking not allowed. As a user, your priority is to find the hidden bug(s)

--kiloran

:D :D :D

or 'find the Easter eggs' perhaps? :twisted:

Hmmmm, that's a thought.
User adds Carillion to the HYP, hits Enter, and a flashing window pops up "CONGRATULATIONS.... you are this week's £1m prize winner", accompanied, of course, by a fanfare soundtrack

--kiloran

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”