Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUSS update v11.72 and b-m

Discussions regarding financial software
seagles
Lemon Slice

Re: HYPTUSS update v11.72 and b-m

Postby seagles » January 31st, 2020, 7:12 pm

Ok. Finished going through my "tests". Using stockopedia and sharecast for dividends shows some missing and erroneous data. SSE shown as 13/2/20 instead of 13/3/20. Neither have any data for STHR. Some missing data for ITs (but ADVFN has that too).

You need to update the investor url for STHR it has changed the last part is now /en/investor. Am on my tablet sorry for shortened url.

Never tested funds though, do not have any myself.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » February 1st, 2020, 6:08 am

seagles wrote:
Ok. Finished going through my "tests". Using stockopedia and sharecast for dividends shows some missing and erroneous data. SSE shown as 13/2/20 instead of 13/3/20. Neither have any data for STHR. Some missing data for ITs (but ADVFN has that too).

You need to update the investor url for STHR it has changed the last part is now /en/investor. Am on my tablet sorry for shortened url.

Never tested funds though, do not have any myself.

Thanks for that seagles, this is very useful feedback and it's always useful to hear how people are getting on with the tool when their individual and often very diverse portfolios are used with it.

On the specific issue of the SSE dividend data being incorrect via the Stockopedia parameters option, if we look at the underlying Stockopedia web-page for that data, we can see that the web-page itself is showing the incorrect 13th of Feb 2020 payment date -

https://i.imgur.com/0nXx6Og.png

https://www.stockopedia.com/share-prices/sse-LON:SSE/dividends/

Using the Sharecast option will show the correct 13th March 2020 dividend payment date.

So in this instance, it looks like the underlying Stockopedia 'payment-date' information is incorrect, and the tool is actually working properly, but with rogue data for this particular share when using the Stockopedia option.

With regards to your SThree issue, this is a new share on my radar and I'm not quite sure what the correct ticker to use here would be.

It looks like the current Sharecast URL for SThree on the data-sheet is incorrect, but before we update it, can you please confirm that the link below shows the correct SThree page, with the expected price and Forecast Yield?

https://www.sharecast.com/equity/SThree-13413

If you're happy that the above URL is the correct one for SThree on the Sharecast website, then instead of waiting for us to update the data-sheet update page, you can manually update your own copy of the tool by entering the following data into the first column on the company data-sheet for that entry -

https://i.imgur.com/GEHfiX8.png

Thanks again for your recent input for this update seagles, it's always helpful to be able to look into the issues that people have with the tool and see where the problems lie.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

seagles
Lemon Slice

Postby seagles » February 1st, 2020, 9:45 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
Thanks for that seagles, this is very useful feedback and it's always useful to hear how people are getting on with the tool when their individual and often very diverse portfolios are used with it.

With regards to your SThree issue, this is a new share on my radar and I'm not quite sure what the correct ticker to use here would be.

It looks like the current Sharecast URL for SThree on the data-sheet is incorrect, but before we update it, can you please confirm that the link below shows the correct SThree page, with the expected price and Forecast Yield?

If you're happy that the above URL is the correct one for SThree on the Sharecast website, then instead of waiting for us to update the data-sheet update page, you can manually update your own copy of the tool by entering the following data into the first column on the company data-sheet for that entry -

https://i.imgur.com/GEHfiX8.png

Thanks again for your recent input for this update seagles, it's always helpful to be able to look into the issues that people have with the tool and see where the problems lie.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

I hate giving half the information but wanted to provide feedback on my "tests" and was not on my laptop which has all my spreadsheets etc. Anyway, the problen with STHR is on the dividends tab when you use the "corporate webpage" button. The URL has changed as they have a language function now that gives information in various languages. The correct entry for the "Data Sheet" is now.

/equity/SThree SThree STHR Support Services STHR 112876 http://www.sthree.com/en/investors/fina ... nformation Used for test...Currency EUR Industrial Goods & Services

Will remember in future to "turn on" developer/tester head next time.

I have checked the underlying data for all the anomolies I found and other than contacting the relevant providers and letting them know (above my pay grade as I use company pages when deciding on purchases, never fully trust screen scrapers sites, HYPTUSS being an exception, of course), my posts were just to let people know that the data received cannot be accepted as accurate and can leave gaps.

My full dividend check results based on 19 shares and 7 ITs (I use these as I have knowledge of all these, so anything that comes up strange I can usually spot) are:-
ADFVN seems the most accurate, MYI shown as 19th Nov and no data for JETI.
Sharecast, has correct dates for MYI, no data for MCT (not surprised as it does not have a page on sharecast), no info for STHR, which is strange as there is data on their Sharecast webpage, but then again I do not know what data areas you are scrapping.
Stockopedia is correct for everything except STHR, whch has no data. Strangely it seems the EPIC should be STEM? (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) according to Stockopedia and Companies own financial reports, Yahoo has both with different rates prices. From their financial results I see:-
SThree plc is quoted on the Official List of the UK Listing Authority under the ticker symbol STEM and also has a USA level one ADR facility, symbol SERTY.

Will contact their investor relations for an explanation.

seagles
Lemon Slice

Postby seagles » February 1st, 2020, 10:06 am

SThree should be changed from STHR to STEM. Just went into my Iweb portfolio and the EPIC is now showing as STEM. Have not seen any notice of this change? So the Data Sheet needs changing to reflect this EPIC change. I now need to spend time on updating all my records.

BTW With STEM for SThree the dividend data is picked up.......

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » February 1st, 2020, 10:18 am

seagles wrote:
The correct entry for the "Data Sheet" is now.

/equity/SThree SThree STHR Support Services STHR 112876 http://www.sthree.com/en/investors/fina ... nformation Used for test...Currency EUR Industrial Goods & Services

Strangely it seems the EPIC should be STEM? (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) according to Stockopedia and Companies own financial reports, Yahoo has both with different rates prices.

From their financial results I see:-

SThree plc is quoted on the Official List of the UK Listing Authority under the ticker symbol STEM and also has a USA level one ADR facility, symbol SERTY.

Will contact their investor relations for an explanation.

I don't think the above SThree 'data sheet' information is correct for either the initial Sharecast URL or the EPIC.

The above Sharecast URL will work in a fashion, but only via a re-direct on the Sharecast website, and the actual landing-page (following that initial re-direct...) is really this one -

I think it would be safer, just in case the re-direct stops working at some point, to change the Sharecast URL-suffix for SThree to -

/equity/SThree-13413

I also think the EPIC should be changed, both in the 'EPIC' and 'Divi Code' columns of the data-sheet, to say STEM instead of STHR.

If we get the Yahoo price with the original STHR epic, we see a 'price' of 300p, which is not correct.

When we change the EPIC to 'STEM', and carry out a Yahoo price-scrape, we then see the correct price of 365p.

So all that means that I think the data-sheet for SThree needs changing to reflect the following snapshot data, which also now includes your corrected investor-page URL too -

https://i.imgur.com/A36WVA6.png

If you could please implement the above snapshot changes on your own local copy of the tool, and test the following and confirm that you're happy, then we can update the online data-sheet to capture these changes -

1. Yahoo price scrape (Main HYP Sheet)

2. Sharecast Forecast Yields (Main HYP Sheet)

3. Investors web-page (Dividends sheet)

4. Dividends list using the Sharecast preferences option (Dividends sheet)

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

seagles
Lemon Slice

Postby seagles » February 1st, 2020, 11:02 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
So all that means that I think the data-sheet for SThree needs changing to reflect the following snapshot data, which also now includes your corrected investor-page URL too -

If you could please implement the above snapshot changes on your own local copy of the tool, and test the following and confirm that you're happy, then we can update the online data-sheet to capture these changes -

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Had already made the changes you recommended on my "test" HYPTUSS. Everything works ok now, tested dividends with both sharecast and stockopedia. Did not get back earlier as was also changing my other spreadsheets and had noticed an error with my LOOKUP files (for some reasom was pointing to an xlsm version of my master file rather than my normal xls).

Glad I could help out, though not sure there are many SThree owners out there. Been good for me, dividends and capital gains are almost at the point of the shares being "free" (ie profit+divis = cost).

Back to not checking portfolios until you change HYPTUSS or I am in position to buy again (or year end for protfolio review of course).

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » February 1st, 2020, 11:34 am

seagles wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Had already made the changes you recommended on my "test" HYPTUSS. Everything works ok now, tested dividends with both sharecast and stockopedia. Did not get back earlier as was also changing my other spreadsheets and had noticed an error with my LOOKUP files (for some reasom was pointing to an xlsm version of my master file rather than my normal xls).

Glad I could help out, though not sure there are many SThree owners out there. Been good for me, dividends and capital gains are almost at the point of the shares being "free" (ie profit+divis = cost).

Back to not checking portfolios until you change HYPTUSS or I am in position to buy again (or year end for protfolio review of course).

I've updated the company_data_sheet.txt at http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html
I updated the URL suffix, changed STHR to STEM (which I'm sure is the correct symbol.... it's the only one on the LSE website which I guess is the system of record) and updated the corporate webpage URL.

I think the change from STHR to STEM was caused by a change in quote price currency from EUR to GBp

--kiloran

HillManMill
Lemon Pip

Postby HillManMill » February 2nd, 2020, 7:54 pm

Thanks for the update kiloran and Itsallaguess very gratefully received

When updating my HYPTUSS I thought I would take the opportunity to update the company data sheet to but have been unable to parse the data into columns correctly.

I have tried using both Edge and chrome browsers to download the datasheet both simply open the data sheet within a browser window. Pasting the text from the browser window directly into both excel and Libreoffice calc put all the data into a a single column as would be expected. However when the 'text to columns' feature to bring the company data into the format for HYPTUSS both the Libreoffice and excel spreadsheets think that 'tab's have not been used in the .txt file and so the data does not parse properly.

I found that if open Notepad++ and paste the data from the webrowser view into a ne wfile on notepad++ then save it as a .txt file when i then open the .txt file in excel it parsed correctly and is ready to use in HYPTUSS.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » February 2nd, 2020, 8:02 pm

HillManMill wrote:Thanks for the update kiloran and Itsallaguess very gratefully received

When updating my HYPTUSS I thought I would take the opportunity to update the company data sheet to but have been unable to parse the data into columns correctly.

I have tried using both Edge and chrome browsers to download the datasheet both simply open the data sheet within a browser window. Pasting the text from the browser window into both excel and Libreoffice calc put all the data into a a single column as would be expected. However when I use the 'text to columns' feature to bring the company data into the format for HYPTUSS both the Libreoffice and excel spreadsheets think that 'tab's have not been used in the .txt file and so the data does not parse properly.

Could someone please explain where I am going wrong perhaps this is simply how to download a .txt file rather than causing the browser to open it.

Many thanks

In Chrome:

Settings / Advanced / Downloads
Set the Download location, and enable "Ask where to save each file before downloading"

That should do it

--kiloran

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » February 2nd, 2020, 8:09 pm

HillManMill wrote:

I have tried using both Edge and chrome browsers to download the datasheet both simply open the data sheet within a browser window. Pasting the text from the browser window directly into both excel and Libreoffice calc put all the data into a a single column as would be expected. However when the 'text to columns' feature to bring the company data into the format for HYPTUSS both the Libreoffice and excel spreadsheets think that 'tab's have not been used in the .txt file and so the data does not parse properly.

I found that if open Notepad++ and paste the data from the webrowser view into a new file on notepad++ then save it as a .txt file when i then open the .txt file in excel it parsed correctly and is ready to use in HYPTUSS.

The process I've always used below works with both Edge and Firefox -

1. Clear the existing HYPTUSS data-sheet by selecting the whole sheet (the empty 'cell' above the '1' row and to the left of the 'A' column...) and pressing the 'Delete' key

2. Select the new data-sheet URL and open it in either Edge or Firefox - it'll display as text in the browser tab

3. On the browser tab with the new data on it, select CTRL-A to select all the text data, and then CTRL-C to copy that data to your clipboard

4. On the now empty HYPTUSS data-sheet, select Cell A1 and then right-click in it and select the option to 'Paste Special'

5. On the 'Paste Special' window that pops up, select the 'Text' option

The above process should copy and paste the new data-sheet text into the correct rows and columns in your HYPTUSS.

I'd recommend having a go of the above process by making a COPY of your existing spreadsheet, and trying on that first...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » February 2nd, 2020, 8:11 pm

HillManMill wrote:I have tried using both Edge and chrome browsers to download the datasheet both simply open the data sheet within a browser window. ....

In Edge: click Settings (three dots, top right). Scroll down to Downloads and turn on 'Ask me what to do with each download'.

smokey01
Lemon Pip

Postby smokey01 » February 5th, 2020, 5:32 pm

Hi

I'm using a newly downloaded version of Hyptuss v11.72 on Windows 7, excel 93-2003.

The buttons on the 'High Yield Portfolio' tab work but the 'Update Prices' button on the 'FT Funds' tab is not working for me.

I get an error 'Run-time error '-2147012739 (80072f7d). An error occurred in the secure channel support'.

If I press the 'Debug' button on the error window it highlights the '.send' line as the line in error:-

Set html = New HTMLDocument ' New MSHTML.HTMLDocument
Set oXMLHTTP = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.6.0")

myUrl = "https://markets.ft.com/data/funds/tearsheet/summary?s=" + fundSymbol
With oXMLHTTP
.Open "GET", myUrl, False
.send
End With

Any ideas?

Regards

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » February 5th, 2020, 5:59 pm

smokey01 wrote:Hi

I'm using a newly downloaded version of Hyptuss v11.72 on Windows 7, excel 93-2003.

The buttons on the 'High Yield Portfolio' tab work but the 'Update Prices' button on the 'FT Funds' tab is not working for me.

Any ideas?

Regards

Excel 93-2003? Is that steam powered? ;)

I can only test with excel 2010, but if the buttons on the High Yield Portfolio worksheet are OK, there must be hope that we can fix this problem.

It'll save me from having to watch the Spurs-Southampton match tonight. Every cloud.... :D

--kiloran

smokey01
Lemon Pip

Postby smokey01 » February 5th, 2020, 6:15 pm

kiloran wrote:
smokey01 wrote:
I can only test with excel 2010, but if the buttons on the High Yield Portfolio worksheet are OK, there must be hope that we can fix this problem.

:)

I have saved it as an XLSM Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013, I still get the same thing :(

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » February 5th, 2020, 6:33 pm

smokey01 wrote:Hi

I get an error 'Run-time error '-2147012739 (80072f7d). An error occurred in the secure channel support'.

We've seen the 'secure channel support' issue before with Windows 7 machines, and the last time it cropped up in September 2018 (link below), we solved it by running a Windows 7 Microsoft 'Easy-Fix' that enabled TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 security protocols.

Link to the September 2018 thread - https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13594#p165349

Link to the Microsoft 'Easy-Fix' for Windows 7 (blue 'Download' button) - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-wi#easy

It'll be worth making a Restore Point and also a back-up of your current registry before trying the above solution.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

smokey01
Lemon Pip

Postby smokey01 » February 5th, 2020, 6:45 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:We've seen the 'secure channel support' issue before with Windows 7 machines, and the last time it cropped up in September 2018 (link below), we solved it by running a Windows 7 Microsoft 'Easy-Fix' that enabled TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 security protocols.

Link to the September 2018 thread - https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13594#p165349

Link to the Microsoft 'Easy-Fix' for Windows 7 (blue 'Download' button) - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-wi#easy

It'll be worth making a Restore Point and also a back-up of your current registry before trying the above solution.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Ok, thanks for this, unfortunately I only have access to a company laptop and cannot perform any update like this. I will just have to live without the Funds for now. We are supposed to be moving to Windows 10 at some point and hopefully then all will work.

Thanks so much for your help

tea42
Lemon Slice

Postby tea42 » February 17th, 2020, 4:09 pm

Cant see where to download Hyptuss? Is there a version for my Chromebook running Sheets? I do have an old Win 7 machine too..

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » February 17th, 2020, 4:16 pm

tea42 wrote:Cant see where to download Hyptuss? Is there a version for my Chromebook running Sheets? I do have an old Win 7 machine too..

It's in the first post (the announcement) on this thread: http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html
This will work for any PC (Windows, Mac, Linux) running Excel or LibreOffice.

There's no HYPTUSS for Chromebooks, though this may help you in getting share prices in Google Doc (Sheets?): http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... price.html

--kiloran

tea42
Lemon Slice

Postby tea42 » February 17th, 2020, 4:19 pm

Sorry! Should have looked at that...

buffer

Help with HYPTUSS update v11.72 please

Postby buffer » August 3rd, 2020, 10:32 am

I have not reviewed our HYPs for years, however, I figure the time is right now....

I'm using HYPTUSS update v11.72 with excel. I have opted to 'enable macros'.

I also tried the vanilla (BP only) option. It won't run on this either.

When I click the price update button, I get 'Yahoo price scrape failed -please run again' error message
When I click the price update button, I get the first six shares FY, cover & PE cells filled with '????'
then it hangs...if I leave it for ages all fields in these 3 cols get filled with '????'

What do I do to get it to run please?

As a work-around, if we fill the price & FY fields by hand (eg from the stepone data) will the topup scoring/fields rearrange themselves appropriately?

My final potential 'work around' (which I am reluctant to do as I may not have the required life expectancy!) is to bring an old computer in from the garage which I put Ubuntu on and try to run the Unix version ('b-m')…

Thanks in advance

buffer

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”