Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Where to post?

Discussions regarding financial software
XFool
The full Lemon

Where to post?

Postby XFool » March 16th, 2020, 3:07 pm

I'm not sure what to do about this: viewtopic.php?p=291070#p291070

Moderator Message:
Moved to Financial Software - Discussion to allow replies to continue.
Gryffron

I am following up on this and have discovered a possible explanation. Now I need to sort out, with my ISP, the explanation for the "possible explanation". I'd like to report on the problem/solution, if/when sorted out, as it may be of help or interest to other TLF members, affecting as it does a financial information website.

It has previously been addressed here by TLF: http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebly.com/dividend-data-website.html

Knowing TLF's rules, the technical aspects are off topic for the original Investing thread - 'How do I invest'; and it is not a simple question (as I am investigating it myself) for 'Does Anyone Know?' (Straight answers to factual questions) or the more relevant 'Computers, TVs & Phones' (Seek assistance with technology), as it's "assistance" without anyone seeking it, apart from me.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Re: Where to post?

Postby PinkDalek » March 16th, 2020, 3:47 pm

As the issue (Dividend Data Website Problems) is addressed at http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebly.com/dividend-data-website.html, why not report on the problem/solution, if/when sorted at?:

Financial Software - Discussion
viewforum.php?f=27

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » March 16th, 2020, 5:04 pm

Thanks PinkDalek, I see this matter has been discussed already in 'New HYPTUSS versions 11.70 and b-l' in relation to HYP software, which I don't use.
viewtopic.php?p=243621#p243621

Whatever the issue with the dividenddata website it seems as if my current IP address is blocked or banned from the site. Absolutely nothing to do with me (hadn't used it for months and never had any problem when I did), possibly due to another host on the same IP? In trying to resolve this I found I seem to be on a fixed IP (which is blocked). There is no reason for this so be so, AFAIAK you have to pay a supplement for a static IP address, so I am taking the matter up with my ISP.

I wondered is something 'funny' like this could be affecting other people.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » March 17th, 2020, 6:33 pm

...Um. It now looks as if my IP address was not "blocked" (which ties in with there being no obvious reason for that) as I can access the site via IE. ( :o )

So it looks like something obscure to do with cookies, settings in Opera etc.

Also had an explanation for the apparent static IP address. Nowadays IP addresses are taken from quite a small pool, which is supposed to relate to your geo-location. So, not static but possibly sticky.

gryffron
Lemon Quarter

Postby gryffron » March 18th, 2020, 12:02 pm

If addresses are being "blocked" it's more likely from your end. Are you running any AdBlock software or a "hosts" file? I found an entry in mine was blocking part of the Halifax Sharedealing site. Try it from a different physical device at your end?

Gryff

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”