Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

StepOne_ftse350 macros not working

Discussions regarding financial software
Fluke
Lemon Slice

StepOne_ftse350 macros not working

Postby Fluke » March 19th, 2020, 9:28 am

Just downloaded v1.30 ods and opened it in LibreOffice v6.0.4.2 running on macOS Catalina v10.15.3 and the macros don't work. I also use the HYPTUSS in LibreOffice and the macros work fine.

Any ideas anybody?

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: StepOne_ftse350 macros not working

Postby kiloran » March 19th, 2020, 9:59 am

Fluke wrote:Just downloaded v1.30 ods and opened it in LibreOffice v6.0.4.2 running on macOS Catalina v10.15.3 and the macros don't work. I also use the HYPTUSS in LibreOffice and the macros work fine.

Any ideas anybody?

When you say "just downloaded v1.30.ods", is that really true? I updated both Excel and LibreOffice versions to 1.40 yesterday..... the data from the Daily Telegraph is no longer available so this was replaced with data from the London SouthEast site. The Yahoo price macro is unchanged.

What do you mean by "the macros don't work"? Which macros, and in what way do they fail?

It's working fine here on Windows 10 and LibreOffice 6.3.3.2, and also on Ubuntu. Sorry, I don't have a Mac

--kiloran

Fluke
Lemon Slice

Postby Fluke » March 19th, 2020, 5:43 pm

kiloran wrote:
Fluke wrote:Just downloaded v1.30 ods and opened it in LibreOffice v6.0.4.2 running on macOS Catalina v10.15.3 and the macros don't work. I also use the HYPTUSS in LibreOffice and the macros work fine.

Any ideas anybody?

When you say "just downloaded v1.30.ods", is that really true? I updated both Excel and LibreOffice versions to 1.40 yesterday..... the data from the Daily Telegraph is no longer available so this was replaced with data from the London SouthEast site. The Yahoo price macro is unchanged.

What do you mean by "the macros don't work"? Which macros, and in what way do they fail?

It's working fine here on Windows 10 and LibreOffice 6.3.3.2, and also on Ubuntu. Sorry, I don't have a Mac

--kiloran

Hi Kiloran,

I must have downloaded it just before you updated it, so I've just downloaded v1.40 and clicked on the 'update price from Yahoo' macro and got this message:

<urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:719)> OO

Fluke
Lemon Slice

Postby Fluke » March 20th, 2020, 8:20 am

Fluke wrote:
Hi Kiloran,

I must have downloaded it just before you updated it, so I've just downloaded v1.40 and clicked on the 'update price from Yahoo' macro and got this message:

<urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:719)> OO

I should add that after clicking ok to that message a few times it becomes:

com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException: Error during invoking function updateYahooPrice in module vnd.sun.star.tdoc:/9/Scripts/python/StepOnePy.py (<class 'KeyError'>: '3IN.L'
File "/Applications/LibreOffice.app/Contents/Resources/pythonscript.py", line 875, in invoke
ret = self.func( *args )
File "vnd.sun.star.tdoc:/9/Scripts/python/StepOnePy.py", line 546, in updateYahooPrice
)

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » March 21st, 2020, 11:59 am

Fluke wrote:
Fluke wrote:
Hi Kiloran,

I should add that after clicking ok to that message a few times it becomes:

com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException: Error during invoking function updateYahooPrice in module vnd.sun.star.tdoc:/9/Scripts/python/StepOnePy.py (<class 'KeyError'>: '3IN.L'
File "/Applications/LibreOffice.app/Contents/Resources/pythonscript.py", line 875, in invoke
ret = self.func( *args )
File "vnd.sun.star.tdoc:/9/Scripts/python/StepOnePy.py", line 546, in updateYahooPrice
)

Many thanks for the feedback Fluke.

The macro to retrieve Yahoo prices is similar to that for HYPTUSS, but not quite identical. I've identified a difference which may well explain your problem.

Can you have a look at the test version stepone_ftse350_v1.41-dev2.ods at http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... -page.html and report back?

--kiloran

Fluke
Lemon Slice

Postby Fluke » March 22nd, 2020, 6:28 am

kiloran wrote:Many thanks for the feedback Fluke.

The macro to retrieve Yahoo prices is similar to that for HYPTUSS, but not quite identical. I've identified a difference which may well explain your problem.

Can you have a look at the test version stepone_ftse350_v1.41-dev2.ods at http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... -page.html and report back?

--kiloran

It works!! Many thanks kiloran. I tried both update buttons - Yahoo and London South-East and both worked fine.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » March 22nd, 2020, 9:24 am

Fluke wrote:

--kiloran

It works!! Many thanks kiloran. I tried both update buttons - Yahoo and London South-East and both worked fine.

Excellent news Fluke.
I'll get it cleaned up and check it for coronavirus then publish it a bit later today.

--kiloran

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » March 22nd, 2020, 11:34 am

kiloran wrote:
Fluke wrote:

--kiloran

Excellent news Fluke.
I'll get it cleaned up and check it for coronavirus then publish it a bit later today.

--kiloran

I've published stepone_ftse350_v1.41.ods at: http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... se350.html
I noticed that the link to the User Guide was no longer working so I've also fixed that

--kiloran

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”