Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Bluebells

wildlife, gardening, environment, Rural living, Pets and Vets
tjh290633
Lemon Half

Bluebells

Postby tjh290633 » March 25th, 2020, 10:57 pm

My first bluebells came into flower today. The three that showed are in a little sun trap.

TJH

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: Bluebells

Postby Itsallaguess » March 26th, 2020, 5:11 am

tjh290633 wrote:
My first bluebells came into flower today. The three that showed are in a little sun trap.

There's a circular walk that we do a little later in the year where the path takes a route through a large wood, and for a few weeks a year there is literally carpets and carpets of bluebells for as far as you can see.

It's one of the most beautiful natural sights I've ever seen, and we return most years to make sure we get another glimpse.

If we're able to get round later this year whilst the flowers are still in bloom, I get the feeling I'm going to enjoy seeing those bluebells a little more than is usual...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » March 26th, 2020, 7:13 am

This is not the time to be grumpy but later in the spring I am about to experience these horrible Spanish bluebells again I expect although I took some advice from last year's thread and have tried to remove some of them. Anyway for me let's enjoy the daffodils first.

Dod

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » March 26th, 2020, 9:27 am

Itsallaguess wrote:There's a circular walk that we do a little later in the year where the path takes a route through a large wood, and for a few weeks a year there is literally carpets and carpets of bluebells for as far as you can see.

It's one of the most beautiful natural sights I've ever seen, and we return most years to make sure we get another glimpse.

In my Sheffield days there was an officially-designated circular walk with a section like that - fond memories. Sadly no longer see anything like it: what we get in southwest England is a poor substitute.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » March 26th, 2020, 10:04 am

UncleEbenezer wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:
There's a circular walk that we do a little later in the year where the path takes a route through a large wood, and for a few weeks a year there is literally carpets and carpets of bluebells for as far as you can see.

In my Sheffield days there was an officially-designated circular walk with a section like that - fond memories. Sadly no longer see anything like it: what we get in southwest England is a poor substitute.

It really is one of those soul-restoring sights, and especially so for me, as I don't particularly enjoy the winter periods, and those bluebells provide a fantastic yearly drum-beat as we pass into spring and the much brighter days..

I'm going to try to take my camera again this year, and will post on the photography board if we're allowed out to wander in time...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Return to “The Natural World”