Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Digital Look

Discussions regarding financial software
bluedonkey
Lemon Quarter

Digital Look

Postby bluedonkey » June 8th, 2020, 4:47 pm

I keep my portfolio details on Digital Look. It's useful as I can see the overall portfolio valuation in one place, instead of logging in to various ISA and SIPP websites where my actual holdings are. Recently I've started getting a "Dangerous /Deceptive Site" warning from Chrome when I attempt to log in. Apart from just not carrying on to log in, any other advice?
Thanks.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Re: Digital Look

Postby Breelander » June 8th, 2020, 5:49 pm

bluedonkey wrote:I keep my portfolio details on Digital Look. It's useful as I can see the overall portfolio valuation in one place, instead of logging in to various ISA and SIPP websites where my actual holdings are. Recently I've started getting a "Dangerous /Deceptive Site" warning from Chrome when I attempt to log in. Apart from just not carrying on to log in, any other advice?
Thanks.

I'm not getting that in Firefox, but it doesn't surprise me. The address you have to use is an HTTP one, not a secure HTTPS one.

http://finance.digitallook.com

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » July 10th, 2020, 2:31 pm

Is the DL link still working? I tried to get onto my portfolio there today but got diverted to Share Centre.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » July 10th, 2020, 2:48 pm

Bouleversee wrote:Is the DL link still working? I tried to get onto my portfolio there today but got diverted to Share Centre.

Yes, it is still working for me, I can sign in and see my Portfolio. You you do need to be careful how you do it though....

1) go to the address http://finance.digitallook.com/ It is important to use 'finance.' at the beginning, not 'www.' which will take you to Sharecast.
'
2) Wait for the page to load completely then click 'Login' on the Login/Register button top right. If you click too soon you'll get the Sharecast login. What you want to see is a small DL login box appear at the top centre saying:

Username [________]
Password [________]
Remember me on this computer [ ]
Login Or register here
Forgotten your password?

3) type your DL username and password then click the Login button.

4) when it says 'Welcome ......, you are logged in' at the top right you can then click on Portfolio on the horizontal blue bar near the top of the page.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » July 10th, 2020, 3:40 pm

Thanks, Bree. The problem is that it is not recognising my password and the reminder email they say they have sent hasn't arrived. I'll give it a bit longer. I did use the correct address first time and am not sure why it went wrong.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » July 10th, 2020, 3:51 pm

I came out of the site and went through the procedure again and this time it worked, using the same log-in details, so can't understand what happened. Previously, although it said I was logged in, there was a log in box in the middle of the page which said amend or remind password and when I clicked on portfolio it took me to Sharecast with more log in details required where I wasn't recognised. What a lot of precious time that has wasted, just to find out I had lost yet more thousands since my last log-on a month ago.

Many thanks for you help once again. I never got the reminder email, by the way. All a mystery.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » July 10th, 2020, 4:00 pm

Bouleversee wrote:Thanks, Bree. The problem is that it is not recognising my password and the reminder email they say they have sent hasn't arrived. I'll give it a bit longer. I did use the correct address first time and am not sure why it went wrong.

Hmm, I've not needed to reset my DL password (and I'm certainly not going to risk testing it). It's possible that while the Portfolio server is still operational well after it was supposed to have been pensioned off, the accompanying email system for password resets may no longer be functional. Have you looked in your Spam folder?

'
I came out of the site and went through the procedure again and this time it worked, using the same log-in details, so can't understand what happened. Previously, although it said I was logged in, there was a log in box in the middle of the page which said amend or remind password and when I clicked on portfolio it took me to Sharecast with more log in details required where I wasn't recognised. What a lot of precious time that has wasted, just to find out I had lost yet more thousands since my last log-on a month ago.

Glad you got in at last. I have found that if you get impatient and click too early on things before a page has fully loaded, then you risk getting diverted to Sharecast. And asking Sharecast for a DL password reminder isn't going to work. Your DL registered email address won't exist in the Sharecast accounts database - the two operate completely independently.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”