Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Bag lady sweats

Investment discussion for beginners. Why you should invest your money, get help getting started
Mike4
Lemon Half

Re: Bag lady sweats

Postby Mike4 » July 30th, 2020, 4:07 pm

tonyreptiles wrote:Unfortunately, most roles which fulfil that criteria aren't really that rewarding. I can't imagine working on a building site, for example. I am, however, considering the idea of learning thatching. It's probably not the most reliable of work, but it fulfils the criteria and you'l likely be working with craftsmen with passion and intellect. And you'd have decent clients.

I wouldn't bet on that - I for example, live in a thatched cottage these days :D

I also have a mate who is a thatcher and he seems pretty stacked out with work, as do most of the thatchers around here. There are a LOT of thatched roofs in Wiltshire and they seem good for about 30 years - so a continuous work-feed and a very nice physical lifestyle as you have already worked out.

tonyreptiles
2 Lemon pips

Postby tonyreptiles » July 30th, 2020, 4:17 pm

Mike4 wrote:I also have a mate who is a thatcher and he seems pretty stacked out with work, as do most of the thatchers around here. There are a LOT of thatched roofs in Wiltshire and they seem good for about 30 years - so a continuous work-feed and a very nice physical lifestyle as you have already worked out.

I think we need to have a chat!
I'll drop you a line sometime soon. Perhaps we can have a beer next time I'm in the sarf?

Cheers
TR

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » July 30th, 2020, 10:34 pm

tonyreptiles wrote:
Mike4 wrote:I also have a mate who is a thatcher and he seems pretty stacked out with work, as do most of the thatchers around here. There are a LOT of thatched roofs in Wiltshire and they seem good for about 30 years - so a continuous work-feed and a very nice physical lifestyle as you have already worked out.

I think we need to have a chat!
I'll drop you a line sometime soon. Perhaps we can have a beer next time I'm in the sarf?

Cheers
TR

I'm sure we can arrange that. There is a mooring just come free here if you fancy living in the beautiful, mystical magical ancient Pewsey Vale/Vale Of The White Horse.

On reflection, there are about five white horses around here carved into hillsides, between the astounding Stonehenge and Avebury stone circles. Here is a close-up of the head of the one on Hackpen Hill I took the other day.

Impressive eh? :D

I could even introduce you into the quintessentially English art of church tower bell ringing, should you be up for that. Should we ever be allowed to do it again. Tower bell ringing is AWESOME fun!

Return to “How Do I Invest”