Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

New Supermarket

Laughter is the best medicine, find and post jokes. nothing too saucy please, Dad jokes, Current news jokes..
Forum rules
Material posted here that is disparaging towards any group on the basis of race, faith, nationality, gender, disability or sexual orientation will be deleted and any poster of such material risks suspension.
nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

New Supermarket

Postby nimnarb » November 20th, 2020, 4:05 am

A while ago a new supermarket opened in Chatswood, Sydney, Australia.
It has an automatic water mister to keep the produce fresh.
Just before it goes on, you hear the sound of distant thunder and the smell of fresh rain.

When you pass the milk cases, you hear cows mooing and there is the scent of freshly mowed hay.

In the meat department there is the aroma of charcoal grilled steaks with onions.

When you approach the egg case, you hear hens clucking and cackling, and the air is filled
with the pleasing aroma of bacon and eggs frying.

The bread department features the tantalizing smell of fresh baked bread and cookies.

I don't buy toilet paper there anymore.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Re: New Supermarket

Postby mc2fool » November 20th, 2020, 12:26 pm

nimnarb wrote:The bread department features the tantalizing smell of fresh baked bread and cookies.

The Museum of London Docklands has an area called Sailortown, which is a set of narrow alleyways with reconstructions of Victorian shops, pubs and the like, and the first time I went I was shocked, on wandering into a dead end, to be hit with the smell of urine. How disgusting! Who on earth goes to a museum and takes a piss in the corner of one of the displays!?! Animals!

Then I went round a corner and came across the Victorian bakery, complete with the smell of fresh baked bread, and twigged ... :lol:

"Sailortown evokes the sights, sounds and smells of Victorian London. The twisting passages have many secrets and surprises to discover."
https://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/museum-london-docklands/permanent-galleries/sailortown

AJC5001
Lemon Slice

Postby AJC5001 » November 20th, 2020, 2:42 pm

mc2fool wrote:
nimnarb wrote:The bread department features the tantalizing smell of fresh baked bread and cookies.

The Museum of London Docklands has an area called Sailortown, which is a set of narrow alleyways with reconstructions of Victorian shops, pubs and the like, and the first time I went I was shocked, on wandering into a dead end, to be hit with the smell of urine. How disgusting! Who on earth goes to a museum and takes a piss in the corner of one of the displays!?! Animals!

Then I went round a corner and came across the Victorian bakery, complete with the smell of fresh baked bread, and twigged ... :lol:

"Sailortown evokes the sights, sounds and smells of Victorian London. The twisting passages have many secrets and surprises to discover."
https://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/museum-london-docklands/permanent-galleries/sailortown

The Jorvic Centre in York has similar 'facilities'. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorvik_Viking_Centre

It also has "The Lloyds Bank coprolite is exhibited there." :lol:

Adrian

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » November 20th, 2020, 3:09 pm

"The Lloyds Bank coprolite is exhibited there."

Yes, I've been on the receiving end of some of that in my time as a shareholder (and occasionally as a customer, although my home branch are top notch)

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » November 20th, 2020, 8:13 pm

AleisterCrowley wrote:"The Lloyds Bank coprolite is exhibited there."

Yes, I've been on the receiving end of some of that in my time as a shareholder (and occasionally as a customer, although my home branch are top notch)
My home reproducing-furry-members-of-Wimbledon-common branch didn't even recognise one of their own bank statements!!!! And, the only positive thing to say about them was that they provided a free telephone link to some disinterested bod from Lloyds in Birmingham that was unable to help either. C. (Nowhere near Birmingham.)

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » November 20th, 2020, 9:07 pm

Cockwombles ?!

Return to “Laughing Lemons”