Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Pensana Rare Earths

HMcBull

Re: Pensana Rare Earths

Postby HMcBull » December 7th, 2020, 11:32 am

Great article, thanks. I am invested in RBW and also see a bright future.

Dynamo1
Lemon Pip

Postby Dynamo1 » December 11th, 2020, 10:54 am

HMcBull - RBW could be an interesting play. Never made any money and not very efficient mining but with rare earth prices skyrocketing they might be able to achieve something going forward. They are on my radar but I haven't invested there.

Dynamo1
Lemon Pip

Postby Dynamo1 » December 11th, 2020, 10:56 am

This is a decent Business-Live article relating to the reasons why Pensana have chosen Humber as their UK processing facility (note that was my choice in comment dated 13th October on this thread).

https://www.business-live.co.uk/manufac ... r-19437532

[i]Paul Atherley tells how peace in oxide-rich Angola and the march to Net Zero in the UK provide the platform to launch process operation proposal

Paul Atherley, chairman of Pensana Rare Earths, with the identified Saltend Chemicals Park location for downstream processing and the first link in an electric motor magnet metal supply chain.

Highly skilled complex chemical engineering sits behind a £100 million investment that could soon materialise on the Humber Bank.

Around 100 jobs have been envisaged as the first steps are taken on UK soil - specifically Saltend Chemicals Park - to start a magnet supply chain, feeding into the burgeoning offshore wind and electric vehicle markets.

Pensana Rare Earths Plc is establishing a mine in Angola and has eyed up the Humber as the place to process the oxides it extracts. And speaking to Business Live, chairman Paul Atherley explained how it has reached this stage, while mapping out what comes next.

“I’m keen to bring manufacturing back to the UK,” he said. “The particular manufacturing we are looking at is chemical engineering, which the UK is particularly good at. This is the highest form of value-adding, real complex chemistry.

“We identified three sites; Merseyside, Teesside and the Humber, and compared them against international sites, particularly Saxony in Germany, which had a lot of incentives with European Regional Development funding.

“We found they were equal to, if not better, than Saxony, with each having the potential for freeport, either ex-petrochemical or chemical sites and each of the three actively looking for investment. It was a very competitive situation.”

So how did Saltend take the spoils?

“What got Humber across the line was the Saltend facility,” Mr Atherley said. “An ex-BP chemicals plant, it has Ineos, BP, Air Products, a whole swathe of companies, and a set up a little bit like a WeWork for the chemical sector - you just plug and play.

“We arrive, build this state-of-the-art facility, and all the services - power, water, chemicals, waste disposal and port facilities, are all provided through the fence, and are all world class.”

The strong renewable attributes also appealed, together with the Europe-facing ports complex. ..................
[/i]

[EDIT BY MOD: truncated for copyright reasons, please follow the link for the remainder, regards, dspp]

END

Dynamo1
Lemon Pip

Postby Dynamo1 » December 16th, 2020, 10:03 am

Webinar room: https://event.webinarjam.com/t/click/pl ... qh6x7s51c8

Link to UK Investor presentation (15/12/20).

Dynamo1
Lemon Pip

Postby Dynamo1 » December 26th, 2020, 12:57 pm

Shares in Issue Share Price £ MCap FX rate US$ Mcap
203,095,822 0.91 £184,817,198 1.35 US$249,503,217.3

Quite a strong run last week off the back of an encouraging Coola report. All the boxes are being ticked here. BFS will be published in January and all signs are that it will provide a valuation well north of where we are today. Brexit deal will clear any uncertainty re trade tariffs plus UK markets likely to play catch-up with the US ensuring the FTSE (and other markets) have a decent rally.

Although the number of EV's being sold has risen 50% year on year (albeit from a very low base), the market will gain traction in the next few years. There are a number of battery manufacturers springing up in the UK and Pensana will be well placed to supply them with sustainable resource from 2024.

Note, MP Materials market cap rose by over $200m in one day last week (astonishing) which is almost the total size of our Company....Considering Pensana has more rare earth elements (and higher grades) than MP, this gives a clear indication of the future potential and how undervalued Pensana is in comparison. Here's to a decent 2021 - Cheers D1

Dynamo1
Lemon Pip

Postby Dynamo1 » January 6th, 2021, 11:26 am

11.00am 06/01/2021

Shares in issue Price £ MCap Exch rate US$ Mcap
203,645,822 1.18 £240,302,070 1.37 US$329,213,835.8

Have included the additional 550,000 Ordinary shares that have been issued today.
The issue relates to the vesting of 250,000 share options and the subscription by third party service providers for 300,000 ordinary shares for a total of 550,000 Ordinary Shares.
The share price has done extraordinarily well over the past six months, but that will be small fry compared to what's to come. I have it on good authority that the BFS is "better than good" I honestly believe that PRE will take off and clear £2 soon. I have done a lot of research over the past couple of weeks, (looking at other REE companies) and can honestly say that there is nothing close to Pensana in terms of quality and potential. The differential in share price between Pensana and MP Materials will close rapidly in the next couple of years.

I have already increased my "take profits" figure three times because the story keeps changing. When I first invested at around 45p I thought I would sell at around 90p, I increased this target to £1.20 as the Company announced the REE processing facility at Saltend on the Humber. I added a few for around 85p and now expect to see £1.60 at the time of the BFS. It is difficult to keep abreast of developments, the BFS which I have been banging on about for ages may well provide further impetus. Hopefully, the shares will have a good run prior (and post) release. Note, financing will be required at some stage this year (after all that is what the BFS is about) and that may cause a temporary blip but I fully expect that institutional support will be strong.

For those keen to find out more about Paul Atherley I stumbled across a Dig Deep Mining Podcast yesterday which I hadn't seen before. There had only been about 55 views when I watched and was produced on September 2020. OK, it did seem to start off rather amateurishly but credit to the host (and Paul), after a while it turned out to be quite an insightful half hour. Please note it was recorded when the BFS was expected in October (now due end January 2021). So treat as background information.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=pe ... &FORM=VIRE

Dynamo1
Lemon Pip

Postby Dynamo1 » January 9th, 2021, 11:27 am

RESEARCH

I normally hold 4 to 6 stocks at any one time and I research and monitor them thoroughly. Any more than that and I believe you lose focus. I don't necessarily follow conventional news sources. For example, if I hold a stock in an unpredictable area like PRE in Angola, I will make sure I watch Aljazeera news every couple of days to ensure there's no coup or unrest going on in the country. I always watch the Halftime Money Report on CNBC (weekdays about 5pm) hosted by Scott Wapner. Now this is very US centric, they have a panel of investors who discuss mainly US stocks. But they also provide a feeler about economics and sectors. Quite often now they are talking about Tesla, EV's and Rare Earths. I record this daily and skip through the stuff that doesn't interest me. Look out for Josh Brown on the panel (he's on once or twice a week), he usually has some forthright views and is entertaining.

I also write to the brokers for each company I am invested in, I seek their latest analyst report (after all they must maintain some research as house broker). I also read (and occasionally contribute to) the Australian investment forum HotCopper, where mining companies are perhaps better understood than here and they have many well-informed contributors. Twitter is also useful for following companies and mining analysts.

I do attend AGM's (which in the past, to be fair has done me few favours) - you tend to chat with people who are all thinking the same way and get sucked in, you rarely hear a contrarian view. This has cost me a lot of money in the past (HUR, TAD, JLP, GKP to name but a few), but useful for Q&A's, if you've got a question, no matter how stupid, they have to listen and provide a response. I can afford the time, even more so now as it's bloody miserable outside and we can't get away for the winter.

Anyway, enough of this drivel, Rare Earth Elements are going to be a major factor going forward, it is a trend that you should probably not bet against. With increasing EV and windfarm projects, the supply is not keeping up with the rising demand. There are a number of projects going on around the world that are trying to get onboard the REE train. Some of them have inefficient processes, some rely on exporting to China. The world will need a sustainable supply of REE's, the shortfall is expected to be huge by 2030, there are realistically only a handful of companies who will be able to help meet that demand. I'm probably not talking about RBW here either, although I believe they will benefit someway from the huge rise in NdPr prices (I do hold a few). Perhaps a major miner will come in and throw money at its resource and processes, who knows. What are majors like BHP and RIO doing in the rare earth world? They are unlikely to be sitting idly by. It'll take time, but when they get seriously involved and tip the supply scales, rare earth element prices could tumble.

In the next 5 years, MP Materials will look after the US, Lynas Corp the Far East and Japan and hopefully perhaps PRE (next to enter the supply train) the UK and Europe.

So, PRE for me could be the best investment ever or a very, very, expensive mistake DYOR. By the way BFS is due within 15 working days.

everhopeful
2 Lemon pips

Postby everhopeful » January 10th, 2021, 2:56 pm

I enjoy reading your posts Dynamo and I am only invested in PRE as a result of reading them. I have done quite a lot of my own research as well and am certainly hanging on for the BFS. I am up 60% at the moment and have been contemplating selling my original stake and running with what would then be profits only. Can't make up my mind!

Dynamo1
Lemon Pip

Postby Dynamo1 » January 11th, 2021, 12:07 pm

Thanks for your comments everhopeful. I am glad you have made some money off the back of PRE. I am wary of influencing people to buy or sell a stock. I used to be a contributor on "iii" many, many years ago and I remember being very bullish about a certain company (after meetings with their directors etc.) and posted to that effect. Sadly, the company went down the pan and I felt guilty that some people may have invested (and lost money) off the back of my postings. I therefore stopped posting for 10 years or so.
My view on Pensana would be wait for the BFS which I have been advised will be "better than good", see how the shareprice reacts for a couple of days (it may attract a swathe of new investors) then take profits. Please ensure you take out your original investment so I don't feel guilty if it goes wrong :D.
I will most likely do the same (and for transparency will post the fact), I think there are so many obvious reasons why the Company will do well in this rare earth space. Institutions will be targeted after the BFS and will invest. Fundraising will be required this year, probably debt for equity, so that might put a dampener on the shareprice for a while. But once we are producing, the sky's the limit imho. Cheers D1

Dynamo1
Lemon Pip

Postby Dynamo1 » January 18th, 2021, 12:50 pm

Shares Price £ MCap Exch rate US$ Mcap
203,645,822 1.10 224,010,404.2 1.35 302414045.7

Dynamo1
Lemon Pip

Postby Dynamo1 » January 18th, 2021, 1:01 pm

Shares Price £ MCap Exch rate US$ Mcap
203,645,822 1.10 224,010,404.2 1.35 US$302,414,045.7

Shareprice and Market capitalisation has slipped over the past week or so. Nothing much to report apart that PRE are delisting from ASX (the Aussie market). Not a bad thing in my view as it will save costs and stop the arbitrage between ASX and LSE prices.
Rare earth prices continue to climb with NdPr Oxide rising USD616.86 mt overnight.

Neodymium-Praseodymium (NdPr) Oxide, USD/mt
Avg.:USD 69,087.82 (+USD616.86)

I continue to hold ahead of BFS due later this month. Pensana are also due to announce that they have "broken ground" in the very near future.

Eft2

Postby Eft2 » January 19th, 2021, 4:06 pm

Hi Dynamo1,
I just found this thread from your comment on Hot Copper, great to see and read all your input. Keep up the good work. I hope some of the HC regulars will appear here if HC freezes.
Pensana is the only stock I’ve ever bought, I’ve no idea about trading or mining and I only happened across Pensana after a google search to buy some Neodymium magnets!

Dynamo1
Lemon Pip

Postby Dynamo1 » January 20th, 2021, 10:05 am

Welcome Eft2, good luck with your investment. I think simple economics make PRE a raging buy. If everything falls into place i.e. financing, increased rare earth demand and stable Angolan environment then the Company should do very well. As you can see from the thread I have been invested for some while. I may take out my initial investment after the BFS and let the remaining shareholding have a free ride as a long term play for the kids inheritance. If all the ducks line up in a row, then in say 3-5 years time Pensana could become a major company - one of the largest rare earth miners in the world. Imagine what the shareprice would be then - many multiples of todays. Cheers D1

Dynamo1
Lemon Pip

Postby Dynamo1 » January 20th, 2021, 11:30 am

https://treo.substack.com/p/shenghe-foc ... tion=share

Quite an interesting article - plenty of content relating to Pensana. Raises a few questions that hopefully the BFS will address (especially relating to the greener aspects of our plans).

Eft2

Postby Eft2 » January 20th, 2021, 9:22 pm

I’m so excited for this company to be successful, the world needs to change and, in some small way, I feel like I’m supporting the change. I would like to think it will go 4x and that I can hold that long, I just need to mis-direct the misses who wants a new kitchen.

One question I have is about U.K. capital gains. Do investors sell at the end of the tax year and then re-buy to make use of the £12,000 allowance.

Dynamo1
Lemon Pip

Postby Dynamo1 » January 21st, 2021, 8:53 am

When you sell you are liable for CGT if your gains exceed the £12,300 allowance for 2020-21. I usually offset this against the losses I normally make....
Each new tax year (so from 06/04/2021) I sell £20,000 from my trading account and put it into an ISA stocks and shares account where any gains are tax free. Most brokers will do this for you (bed and breakfasting) for a small fee / spread.

Eft2

Postby Eft2 » January 21st, 2021, 12:03 pm

Thanks for your advice, l’ll look into this.

Dynamo1
Lemon Pip

Postby Dynamo1 » January 23rd, 2021, 9:45 am

Shares in Issue Price £ MCap Exch rate US$ MCap
203,645,822 0.94 £191,427,073 1.37 US$262,255,090

Share price hasn't really gone to plan this week. I thought there would be a steady increase to £1.20 but I was wrong and it has declined to 94p. Why? I hear you ask, I don't know is the answer...My theory would be that the Company announced that it would be delisting from the ASX. Many Aussie investors (who have been involved from the start) have sold out and not bothered to reregister with LSE. It should be noted that shareholdings would be automatically reinvested from PM8 to PRE anyway but I just think a few have sold out. I also believe (with a bit more conviction) that the UK broker(s) have been hoovering up these sales and are sitting on them until the BFS drops (next week) and then they will accommodate buys at a much higher price. Money for old rope as they say...
Pensana also announced this week that they are looking to change their name from Pensana Rare Earths PLC to Pensana PLC. Not the most important item on the agenda and I would be interested to know why. Perhaps it's all to do with corporate branding, but smacks of someone having too much time on their hands...Strange when you consider that Lynas Corp are changing their name to Lynas Rare Earths Ltd taking advantage of the increased global awareness of "rare earths".
So the shareprice dropped quite a bit last week, I still believe that it will rise strongly off the back of the BFS announcement hence I bought a couple more tranches of shares in the high 90's.
NdPr Oxide price currently stands at about US$70,647.04 per mt and continues to rise daily. If only we were producing....Talking of which, I am sure I heard Paul Atherley mention somewhere that Pensana would "break ground" in January 2021. I hope this is confirmed shortly as it wouldn't be good form to fall short on targets again (e.g. BFS will be ready by October 2020...).
Have a good week all. Cheers D1

Eft2

Postby Eft2 » January 24th, 2021, 5:33 am

I’m encouraged by the dropping of the ‘Rare Earths’ tag, why box yourself in? I don’t know enough to have an opinion about de-listing but it looked like the LSE liked the announcement.
I loaded up on Friday at 94p, bring on the BFS.

johnhemming
Lemon Quarter

Postby johnhemming » January 24th, 2021, 9:15 am

Dynamo1 wrote: Most brokers will do this for you (bed and breakfasting) for a small fee / spread.

Bed and breakfasting used to be a mechanism for crystalising some gain, but you now have to stay in bed for more than one night in fact 30 nights.

https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manual ... al/cg13370

The bed and breakfast deal you are most likely to see in practice is the sale and repurchase of shares. The share identification rules mean that the disposal and repurchase must not take place on the same day. This is because TCGA92/S105 (1)(b) matches disposals first against acquisitions made on the same day, including acquisitions made after the disposal(1)(b), see CG51560 (CGT) and CG51610 (Corporation Tax)+. So even if there was a disposal, a reacquisition of the shares on the same day would not give rise to any significant gain or loss.

The capital gains tax rules also match a disposal of shares with any acquisition in the following 30 days. See CG51560.

Note that the share identification rules apply to all assets that usually dealt in without having to identify the individual asset. See CG51500.

Where there is an agreement to buy back the shares at the time of disposal then the repo rules may mean that there is no disposal at all for capital gains purposes, see CG13360.

Return to “Mining & Metals”