Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Hurricane Energy (HUR)

Tinderboy
Lemon Pip

Re: Hurricane Energy (HUR)

Postby Tinderboy » January 29th, 2021, 1:02 pm

Time is getting on now with respect to gaining OGA approval and booking a drill rig, I look at the last few RNS's and it hardly instils confidence...

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » February 2nd, 2021, 9:51 pm

Decided to sell 40% of my Ceres Power shares back in November and add to Hurricane.

Since then, the Ceres Power share price has increased by 150% and Hurricane has more than halved.

Genius investor me.

HYD

Tinderboy
Lemon Pip

Postby Tinderboy » February 3rd, 2021, 1:24 pm

Sad to hear howyoudoin, I suppose the only saving grace is you will know in a couple of weeks if they have approval from OGA & employed a driller, i suppose if you bought in December this event may allow you to break even, the flip side is pack up the bags and disconnect in June 22, the longer they wait the more likely for option two......

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » February 3rd, 2021, 10:51 pm

ReallyVeryFoolish wrote:
Howyoudoin wrote:Decided to sell 40% of my Ceres Power shares back in November and add to Hurricane.

Since then, the Ceres Power share price has increased by 150% and Hurricane has more than halved.

Genius investor me.

HYD

Very interested in hearing how you decided to buy into HUR? Should you wish to share your thoughts, of course. I have a holding that I have effectively written off. Thanks.

RVF

No great insight, investing with my heart rather than my head. Or gambling if you like. We’re not talking about huge amounts of money, I had £6,000 in Ceres in November and now have £10,000 in Ceres and Hurricane. If I’d stuck instead of twisting I’d have £15,000 though.

That’s gambling for you.

HYD

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » February 3rd, 2021, 10:56 pm

Tinderboy wrote:Sad to hear howyoudoin, I suppose the only saving grace is you will know in a couple of weeks if they have approval from OGA & employed a driller, i suppose if you bought in December this event may allow you to break even, the flip side is pack up the bags and disconnect in June 22, the longer they wait the more likely for option two......

Indeed thanks. My holding is worth so little now I’m happy to ride it out and $it or bust.

HYD

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » February 9th, 2021, 5:46 pm

ReallyVeryFoolish wrote:I see HUR stock price has increased quite a bit the last few days. If it goes true to past form that means by the end of the week there's going to be yet another awful RNS released. This company leaks like a sieve to insiders in the know.

RVF

How does a "leaky" insider, with knowledge of bad news, create a false market that is rising? Normally insider trading works the other way with frontrunning in a consistent direction of the news but occurring before it is released, not the other way round.

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » February 9th, 2021, 6:33 pm

ReallyVeryFoolish wrote:
dealtn wrote:
ReallyVeryFoolish wrote:I see HUR stock price has increased quite a bit the last few days. If it goes true to past form that means by the end of the week there's going to be yet another awful RNS released. This company leaks like a sieve to insiders in the know.

RVF

How does a "leaky" insider, with knowledge of bad news, create a false market that is rising? Normally insider trading works the other way with frontrunning in a consistent direction of the news but occurring before it is released, not the other way round.

Yes, I see your point. Then I cannot explain the numerous occasions where HUR stock price has risen short term then following bad RNS, drops dramatically. It has happened too often to be purely chance events?

RVF

I hadn't noticed anything odd. It's (now!) only a small % of my portfolio.

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clitheroekid » February 15th, 2021, 7:24 pm

Up another 25% today, though admittedly from a low starting point. There must be bad news due! ;)

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » February 15th, 2021, 7:43 pm

Clitheroekid wrote:Up another 25% today, though admittedly from a low starting point. There must be bad news due! ;)

Was very happy to watch the ups and downs of this today.

The Company that I work for recently took over a similar firm and we took on the Investment Management of their funds.

One of those funds, which has actually performed pretty well over a number of years, has the following holding showing in the valuation:

Hurricane Energy
Holding: 9.8m shares
Market Price: 3p
Value: £299k
Book Cost: £2.3m

Ouch. And that’s a £100m fund that has performed well . . .

HYD

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clitheroekid » February 15th, 2021, 8:33 pm

Howyoudoin wrote:One of those funds, which has actually performed pretty well over a number of years, has the following holding showing in the valuation:

Hurricane Energy
Holding: 9.8m shares
Market Price: 3p
Value: £299k
Book Cost: £2.3m

Ouch. And that’s a £100m fund that has performed well . . .

It's mildly comforting to know that at least I'm in good company!

Tinderboy
Lemon Pip

Postby Tinderboy » February 16th, 2021, 8:43 am

Wont go near HUR anymore, a poison chalice! 25% rise may entice interest, but my concern would be an announcement for a single drill-rework of (7), then a share dilution ............

Tinderboy
Lemon Pip

Postby Tinderboy » February 16th, 2021, 7:40 pm

RVF, your correct, thats the reason im out, repeatedly let down at every opportunity, thats why i dont believe this is any different, they may get the drill in place there will be a cost to the investors again, absolutely no doubt. They might try the 88E old trick of refinancing just before the results of the drill.

Tinderboy
Lemon Pip

Postby Tinderboy » February 25th, 2021, 8:42 am

I really fear the worst case scenario here, it looks more and more likely that it will be the June 22 date for putting the Toys away. No news! No Updates! No Rig! No Hope!

Tinderboy
Lemon Pip

Postby Tinderboy » March 2nd, 2021, 7:19 am

What a sad end to what was a very promising project, clearly the current BOD are looking at self preservation and their next appointments, it beggars belief that they have taken months to decide to actually do nothing, last person leaving the building put the lights out...

FabianBjornseth
Lemon Pip

Postby FabianBjornseth » March 2nd, 2021, 7:50 am

Tinderboy wrote:What a sad end to what was a very promising project, clearly the current BOD are looking at self preservation and their next appointments, it beggars belief that they have taken months to decide to actually do nothing, last person leaving the building put the lights out...

Doing nothing was always likely to come out as the best option with the revised subsurface understanding. Those with interests and the capital required to fund additional activity will have seen the proposal as "throwing good money after bad". A miraculous change in well performance trends or a spike in brent price may throw a lifeline, but the company decided not to include any production update with the RNS, which they probably would have if things were looking great on that side.

dspp
Lemon Half

Postby dspp » March 2nd, 2021, 9:52 am

For the benefit of all, RNS now out at
https://ir.design-portfolio.co.uk/viewe ... P7,TGT4W,1
My reading is HUR are telling smallbeer equity "you are being warned, get out now whilst you still have an exit"
regards, dspp

==
RNS Number : 7754Q Hurricane Energy PLC 02 March 2021

Update on Stakeholder Engagement and Lancaster Activity Programme

Hurricane Energy plc, the UK based oil and gas company, provides an update on the previously announced stakeholder engagement process and the timing of further activity on the Lancaster field.

Stakeholder Engagement1

The Company has previously announced that it is engaging with its stakeholders on a proposed development plan and associated funding for the Lancaster field. The Company confirms that these stakeholders include an ad hoc group of convertible noteholders. Discussions on the Company's forward work programme, strategy, financing and balance sheet recapitalisation are ongoing.

Lancaster Activity Update

On 18 December 2020, Hurricane outlined contemplated next steps in the Lancaster development programme, which included a second production well in 2021 by side-tracking from the existing 205/21a-7z well into the central area of the field.

This proposed side-track is more complex in nature than previous wells on Lancaster due to the incorporation of an intelligent completion and the challenges of delivering the well trajectory from the side-track location. As a result, the Company has concluded that it will not be possible to drill this well during the 2021 summer weather window without unacceptable operational and cost risk.

While no firm decisions have been made, the Company is now considering various options including:

i. drilling the side-track in 2022 following further planning activity during 2021;

ii. drilling the side-track together with the previously contemplated water injection well as a combined programme in 2022; or

iii. drilling the side-track in 2022 and the water injection well in 2023.

All options for potential further development activity are subject to factors which are or may be outside the Company's control which include field performance, prevailing oil prices and support from relevant stakeholders and counterparties.

Tinderboy
Lemon Pip

Postby Tinderboy » March 2nd, 2021, 10:16 am

The first opportunity is June 21, 12 months notice will be June 22, then 3 months to disconnect and put the toys away, in between the core crew will abandon the sinking ship.......

mearnsfool
2 Lemon pips

Postby mearnsfool » March 2nd, 2021, 12:39 pm

It is so sad a good number of the core crew from the vessel put a lot of their pension funds from their SIPPs in Hurricane. At the time I thought not a good idea!

Just working people who believed the Hurrican Fairy Story.

Proselenes
Lemon Quarter

Postby Proselenes » March 4th, 2021, 7:12 am

Crystal Amber half year report............

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/new ... t/14887002

Hurricane Energy plc ("Hurricane")

The Fund has been a shareholder in Hurricane since March 2013. In April 2016, Hurricane asked the Fund to invest GBP7 million to enable it to commence its workstream. Six months later, when Hurricane raised additional capital, the Fund invested GBP12.6 million at 34 pence per share. In the mishandled fundraise of June 2017, the Fund invested a further $10 million.

Aside from Kerogen Capital, which until recently was represented on Hurricane's board, the Fund is Hurricane's largest shareholder and the only disclosable institutional shareholder. Following last year's oil price collapse, the Fund added to its shareholding and currently owns more than 11% of its share capital.

The Fund regards itself as a long-term part owner of Hurricane. In 2015, the Fund introduced Hurricane to its highly regarded technical consultants who have engaged constructively with the company on several occasions. The Fund believes that since 2013, it has done everything possible to support the business.

Over the last six months, the Fund has experienced a dramatic deterioration in the way that Hurricane is engaging with the Fund. This is consistent with what the Fund considers to be inadequate, confusing and poor messaging to market participants.

Within its regulatory news service announcement of 11 September 2020, Hurricane stated that it would be "engaging with all our key stakeholders regarding our formal work programme and financial arrangements and updating the market". On 8 October 2020, Hurricane stated that "as disclosed in the interim results announcement, the Company intends to engage with all key stakeholders regarding its forward work programme, capital allocation and financing arrangements". During September and October 2020, the Fund suggested, following discussions with other Hurricane shareholders, that it should allocate a portion of its cash to buy in some of the Hurricane loan notes at below 50% of par value. The Chairman of Hurricane had previously told the Fund that he regarded such a purchase as "a commercial no brainer". No update on bond purchases or capital allocation has been provided to the Fund or the market.

On 18 December 2020, the Chief Executive of Hurricane told the Fund that he would ask Hurricane's lawyers if, given that there had been no covenant breaches and repayment was more than 18 months away, bond holder consent would be required before the company could enter into financial commitments on its forward workstream and capital allocation. He said that he would revert back to the Fund. The Fund followed up in writing on this point on 8, 13, 26, 27 and 30 January 2021. On 31 January 2021, the Chief Executive responded to say that they had been advised to "be engaging with the bond holders". There was no answer to the question as to whether consent would be required.

On 8 January 2021, the Fund shared its updated technical report with Hurricane. This stated why the Fund and its consultants believe that the board of Hurricane does not seem to be focusing on the upside potential of the fractured basement play within Hurricane's licences. The Fund sought an explanation as to why Hurricane was not keen to tie back the existing Lincoln Crestal well which was reported to have tested at a sustained commercial rate. Production from Lincoln could significantly increase overall output with minimal pressure drawdown at Lancaster. The Fund believes that the Lancaster basement play may contain resources greatly in excess of the pool currently being developed by the Lancaster EPS.

At the date of this report, the Fund has not been provided with any explanation. On 14 February 2021, the Fund wrote to Hurricane requesting a call between Hurricane and its technical consultants. Despite follow up by the Fund, Hurricane has failed to arrange such a call.

On 14 February 2021, the Fund wrote to the Chief Executive of Hurricane requesting that Crystal Amber nominates a director to the board of Hurricane. Other than responding to note that the request had been shared with the board of Hurricane, the Fund has received no response to this request.

On 2 March 2021, Hurricane stated that within its stakeholder engagement, "discussions on the Company's formal work programme, strategy, financing and balance sheet recapitalisation are ongoing". As described above, the Fund has had no such discussions with Hurricane,

The Fund notes that the seven board members of Hurricane own shares with a total value of GBP60,000.

The Fund is no longer prepared to be excluded from participating in the evaluation of impending critical decisions by those who have virtually no skin in the game. The Fund always prefers to engage privately and constructively with its investee companies. However, the Fund has found the board of Hurricane to be both indecisive and obstructive. Therefore, it now intends to take appropriate action in order to maximise Hurricane's potential.

A trading update in January 2021 highlighted how cash generation has recently improved as a result of the recovery in the oil price, with the company generating $19 million in the month of December 2020 alone, taking cash to $106 million. The Fund notes that the price of Brent crude has recently continued its strong recovery, from $38 per barrel in October 2020 to more than $60 a barrel. The Fund believes that in 2021, this increase alone should add more than $100 million in cash to Hurricane. It should also significantly increase the value of Hurricane's other, hitherto, untapped resources if this level is maintained.

dspp
Lemon Half

Postby dspp » March 4th, 2021, 12:33 pm

Proselenes wrote:Crystal Amber half year report............

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/new ... t/14887002

Hurricane Energy plc ("Hurricane")

The Fund has been a shareholder in Hurricane since March 2013. In April 2016, Hurricane asked the Fund to invest GBP7 million to enable it to commence its workstream. Six months later, when Hurricane raised additional capital, the Fund invested GBP12.6 million at 34 pence per share. In the mishandled fundraise of June 2017, the Fund invested a further $10 million.

Aside from Kerogen Capital, which until recently was represented on Hurricane's board, the Fund is Hurricane's largest shareholder and the only disclosable institutional shareholder. Following last year's oil price collapse, the Fund added to its shareholding and currently owns more than 11% of its share capital..........................

The Fund notes that the seven board members of Hurricane own shares with a total value of GBP60,000.

The Fund is no longer prepared to be excluded from participating in the evaluation of impending critical decisions by those who have virtually no skin in the game. The Fund always prefers to engage privately and constructively with its investee companies. However, the Fund has found the board of Hurricane to be both indecisive and obstructive. Therefore, it now intends to take appropriate action in order to maximise Hurricane's potential.

A trading update in January 2021 highlighted how cash generation has recently improved as a result of the recovery in the oil price, with the company generating $19 million in the month of December 2020 alone, taking cash to $106 million. The Fund notes that the price of Brent crude has recently continued its strong recovery, from $38 per barrel in October 2020 to more than $60 a barrel. The Fund believes that in 2021, this increase alone should add more than $100 million in cash to Hurricane. It should also significantly increase the value of Hurricane's other, hitherto, untapped resources if this level is maintained.

Interesting.

Well if CA wish to put forwards a buy-out offer then they know what to do.

In the meantime HUR have been quite right to give them no more information than any other shareholder.

regards, dspp

Return to “Oil & Gas & Energy (Sector & Companies)”